Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 19th January 2014, 11:09   #6316
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Oh wow, the thread has crossed 3 million views!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-3m.png

Cheers to Viddy!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 13:04   #6317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If it is a diesel, then there is reason to be worried. Has he driven a modern diesel before?
Update on the mileage issue:
The mileage has steadily risen to 13+kmpl within the city. Thanks for your help guys.
dean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 20:15   #6318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Same here Unbranded, the dealership is saying that ford has allocated the car to me but they are not giving the VIN number, don't know what to do about it.

Just waiting for them to share some information at least.
An update.
Got a call from Ford - from their call center i presume about the status of my vehicle. Mentioned that the vehicle should be delivered by Jan End. Funny part, they expected me to be aware of this - mentioned about some unreceived email notification and all. So much for their entire Customer/Order tracking - wonder if at all they are using any system. Being in Supply Chain i seriously would like to have a look at how they are managing their processes.
After 7 months, the excitement sure is lost and the price hikes just added to the "Being taken for a ride even before the vehicle is delivered" feeling.

Cheers.
Unbranded is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 22:28   #6319

Having to wait for a vehicle is really frustrating. Especially when the vehicle is booked before the launch which proves customer's faith in the vehicle and company. Even more frustrating is the price hike without any protection to early customers. To add insult to injury, there is another price hike...

My rants above may seem like I am one of the thousands waiting for the delivery of their Ecosport. Actually I am not. I am already the owner of Ecosport (Diesel Titanium). I took the delivery in last week of October 2013. But I can fully understand how the price hike feels because I have gone through at least one of them. Paying more for the same thing, that too after a long wait, it does suck.

But it doesn't stop there. I am also in the position to write about what I feel now. After paying more and driving the vehicle for about 4000 km. Do I still feel it was worth paying Rs. 50,000 more?

The answer is "Yes". The more I drive the vehicle, more I fall in love with it. And it's not just about looks. It's about the overall package which includes effective climate control, effortless driving in city, not having to worry about tall speed barriers, voice command system that actually works & safety features. Yes the engine is not in the league of Vento or Verna but it is adequate. There is not a single rattle in my car yet (touch-wood). I am writing this after completing 300 km journey and I am not feeling tired at all. Trust me, it is that smooth & silent.

Next question is, if I had to face two price hikes, would I still have gone for it? I would have hesitated for sure. May be I would have canceled it as well. But if I knew about the car as much as I do now, I wouldn't have second thoughts paying even the second price hike.

Please note that I am not justifying the actions/decision taken by Ford India which in my opinion are rude & unprofessional at best. Especially the way they are handling the allocation and deliveries. I am merely giving my opinion about the vehicle itself.

I read somewhere, perhaps in this thread itself, that car buying for many of us Indians is like marriage. Not only the bride must be good, we also evaluate her family. You sure wouldn't marry a girl with poor family background (drunk father, rude brother and careless mother). But what if you know the girl from college and believe she is just the right girl for you. Would you accept the unpleasant time with her family during marriage (delivery) and occasional visits later on (services), so that you get the girl of your choice?

I know it is a very subjective question. Some would go for the girl, others would find a better family. Neither decision is wrong.

I simply wish this girl had a better daddy...
hemmmer is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 01:52   #6320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Oh wow, the thread has crossed 3 million views!

Attachment 1192856

Cheers to Viddy!
Thank Gannu1.
I was waiting for this to happen.
It is the highest viewed thread on teambhp now, it was second to Ford figo always.

Vidyuth also bought an ecosport now.congrats

Last edited by ecosport rules : 20th January 2014 at 01:54.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 13:08   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
Having to wait for a vehicle is really frustrating.But it doesn't stop there. I am also in the position to write about what I feel now. After paying more and driving the vehicle for about 4000 km. Do I still feel it was worth paying Rs. 50,000 more?

The answer is "Yes"....
Nice write up.I agree with you that the Ecosport is totally worth it even with two price hikes
Congrats hemmmer on the DRLs installation.
Did you install HIDs too.

Please post some pictures
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 15:14   #6322
BHPian

Hello,

Just got a call from Ford India saying that my car has been allocated. I have been provided with a VIN also.

Since I have the VIN, can I be assured now that I will get the car? (Ford says max 2 weeks for delivery)

Also, please give me any suggestions for before and during delivery, will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited by pc1686 : 20th January 2014 at 15:30. Reason: Stylistic changes
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 15:31   #6323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello,

Just got a call from Ford India saying that my car has been allocated. I am provided with VIN also.

Since I have the VIN, can I be assured now that I will get the car (Ford says max 2 weeks for delivery)?

Also, please give me any suggestions for before and during delivery, will really appreciate it.

Thanks.
You are lucky since the Ecosport is like becoming a rare commodity.
You can carry a print out of the TBHP PDI checklist which you can dowload from the link below. Also, read a few posts in the thread. It will really come handy while taking the delivery of the truck.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 15:37   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
You are lucky since the Ecosport is like becoming a rare commodity.
You can carry a print out of the TBHP PDI checklist which you can dowload from the link below. Also, read a few posts in the thread. It will really come handy while taking the delivery of the truck.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

Regards,
Saket
Thanks for the PDI link, Saket77.

Since I have been given a VIN, can I assume that there won't be any further delay with the delivery of the car? Ford India says it will take maximum 2 weeks for delivery. I mean does getting a VIN means that I have a car, which has left the plant or is about to leave?

Cheers.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:23   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the PDI link, Saket77.

Since I have been given a VIN, can I assume that there won't be any further delay with the delivery of the car? Ford India says it will take maximum 2 weeks for delivery. I mean does getting a VIN means that I have a car, which has left the plant or is about to leave?

Cheers.
Yes, max of two weeks. I got within a week after I got the VIN. 3-4 days to reach the dealership, 2-3 days for registration is what you can expect. Anyways, do keep in touch with your SA regularly. Push them to get it registered asap but do check the car if possible before that. BTW, congrats and welcome to the club
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 20:45   #6326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, max of two weeks. I got within a week after I got the VIN. 3-4 days to reach the dealership, 2-3 days for registration is what you can expect. Anyways, do keep in touch with your SA regularly. Push them to get it registered asap but do check the car if possible before that. BTW, congrats and welcome to the club
Thanks naveen.raju.

What's your take on the rear view camera sold by Ford? Also, about buying insurance on my own rather than from the dealer?
Old 20th January 2014, 22:24   #6327
BHPian

Quote:

Also, about buying insurance on my own rather than from the dealer?
Go for HDFC Ergo insurance. You can get it online using the VIN number. It works out at least 30% cheaper than the one with the dealer. It cost me 23k for zero deprecation insurance. Idv is approx 8.9 lakhs.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 22:46   #6328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Go for HDFC Ergo insurance. You can get it online using the VIN number. It works out at least 30% cheaper than the one with the dealer. It cost me 23k for zero deprecation insurance. Idv is approx 8.9 lakhs.
Thanks sunilg33. Is there any pros and cons for buying the insurance on one's own. Please pardon if this query is silly, but what is Idv :(

Cheers.
Old 20th January 2014, 23:18   #6329
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks sunilg33. Is there any pros and cons for buying the insurance on one's own. Please pardon if this query is silly, but what is Idv :(

Cheers.
Prior buying HDFC ERGO I enquired with the service centre if there is any issue if I buy it on my own. They told no issues and I can go ahead and buy one. So I don't see any major cons.
IDV is the "insured declared value" in simple terms if I my car is lost or totally damaged the insurance company is liable to pay me the IDV value. More the insured IDV the better but the premium will also go up proportionally.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 09:48   #6330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks naveen.raju.

What's your take on the rear view camera sold by Ford? Also, about buying insurance on my own rather than from the dealer?
Although I feel camera is pretty useful, parking sensors itself does a good job. Moreover, Ford reverse camera is expensive. As for the insurance, sunil explained it well. It's always better to take insurance from outside. It's pretty straight forward and can be bought online.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote