Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th February 2014, 23:49   #6556
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

I'm not able to find a 5 volt, 1.2 Ampere Car Charger for my Nexus 4 anywhere. Please share if anybody has installed one in his car.

Cheers !
case dap 2.1 A charger for 500 inr from any reliance digital or mobile accessories shop.has dual usb ports. 2.4 A charger is double the price. The increased amperage doesn't matter as the phone will only use what it wants. Use the same for my nexus 4.
sunny1974 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 00:45   #6557
BHPian

Hi Folks, looking for an armrest (front) for Ecosport, any pointers (especially online) would be appreciated
Rajiv0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 12:12   #6558
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
case dap 2.1 A charger for 500 inr from any reliance digital or mobile accessories shop.has dual usb ports. 2.4 A charger is double the price. The increased amperage doesn't matter as the phone will only use what it wants. Use the same for my nexus 4.
Looks like a nice solution, but I guess the work of the adaptor is to convert the 12 V from the car charging slot into 5 V and 1.2 A. So if 2.1 A is fed into the phone, is it capable of extracting only 1.2 A and not 2.1 A?
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 12:42   #6559
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a nice solution, but I guess the work of the adaptor is to convert the 12 V from the car charging slot into 5 V and 1.2 A. So if 2.1 A is fed into the phone, is it capable of extracting only 1.2 A and not 2.1 A?
Amperage rating refers to the maximum current that can be drawn by the source to which it is connected at the specified voltage. But do make sure you connect it to the correct voltage rating (or closer enough in case a match isnt available) less it blows off the circuitry. Is the rating of the adapter 5V or 12V? If it is 12V, you cannot use it with a device that requires 5V. Amperage, on the other hand, can be used even if the adapter has a higher rating since the device automatically wont draw such high current.
akshay87kumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 12:49   #6560
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
Is the rating of the adapter 5V or 12V?
The charger says 5 V, 2.1 A, but the phone requires 5 V, 1.2 A. I got your point mate.

I guess using a 2.1 A charger instead of 1.2 A (both 5 V) will charge the device faster. Is it?
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 14:08   #6561
BHPian

this query is for one of my friends
His Ecosport(a titanium O Version) has this strange problem of not starting at all at times.When this happens,The MID shows "ABS malfunction".He has to use another car's battery to start the car once this happens.This has happened 6-7 times .

Any one here with such a problem???
jojoinassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 14:44   #6562
BHPian

Quote:
I guess using a 2.1 A charger instead of 1.2 A (both 5 V) will charge the device faster. Is it?
No. It will draw 1.2 A current. The charger is capable of charging a device that uses upto 2.1 A current.
Srinivas C is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 14:52   #6563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
this query is for one of my friends
His Ecosport(a titanium O Version) has this strange problem of not starting at all at times.When this happens,The MID shows "ABS malfunction".He has to use another car's battery to start the car once this happens.This has happened 6-7 times .

Any one here with such a problem???
I have an Ecosport (O) but have not faced this so far, it has run for about 3000km.
Seems to be a battery voltage problem else why would it start with Bty from other vehicle.
Various malfunction lights will come on if the sensors are not getting adequate voltage to operate so ABS malfunction light coming on is normal.
techfreak is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 23:53   #6564
BHPian

Quote:
The charger says 5 V, 2.1 A, but the phone requires 5 V, 1.2 A. I got your point mate.

don't worry about the amperage. go and get the 2.1 or 2.4. It wont charge it faster than the default charger as the phone will not draw more current that its circuitry allows. Just that 2.1 or 2.4 charger gives you the option of charging 2 phones together if required(it has 2 usb ports in the charger). Moreover in the future if you get a phone with a bigger battery or even a battery pack which needs to be charged you will not regret buying this charger. and also don't worry about drawing more power from the car battery as you phone will only take 1.2A . There is also a charger of 3.4 amps with 2 sockets which you can potentially use for a gps device or a tablet together with a phone charger.
sunny1974 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:17   #6565
BHPian

At about 1am last night, noticed a badly hit Ecosport tit near the Sanghvi area (for those familiar with Pune demographics). This car had hit a tree and then a 407ish sized vehicle. It had a broken axle, I think one wheel was down as well. Guess what, despite all of this, the driver didn't have a single scratch on his body. Speaks volumes of the safety standards and justifies NCAP ratings
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 10:23   #6566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
don't worry about the amperage. go and get the 2.1 or 2.4. It wont charge it faster than the default charger as the phone will not draw more current that its circuitry allows. Just that 2.1 or 2.4 charger gives you the option of charging 2 phones together if required(it has 2 usb ports in the charger). Moreover in the future if you get a phone with a bigger battery or even a battery pack which needs to be charged you will not regret buying this charger. and also don't worry about drawing more power from the car battery as you phone will only take 1.2A . There is also a charger of 3.4 amps with 2 sockets which you can potentially use for a gps device or a tablet together with a phone charger.
Hi Sunny, am looking for a 4.1 amp charger for a USb hub, would you be able to recommend any options?
Old 20th February 2014, 10:20   #6567
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
well I booked the black 1.5 titanium with 50 k and loan docs in process , if that is cleared delivery by next week Wednesday or max Friday.
Now the cost
on road price inclusive insurance ,warranty,stnd fitments etc....1020037.
now the catch ....1 lakh of accessories should be purchased from the dealer itself....well i was one in hurry so got it down to 40 k of accessories that is MapymyIndia ,Rear spoilers and Spare wheel cover.

VIN- MAJAXXMRKAEL17546 ( please help me on this ,what year and month ?)

There is 2 more cars available ,inbox me for details on the dealer and SA.
Suggest if possible you avoid the rear spoiler. It does not really add much to the looks and it involves drilling holes in the body.

Also the MMI solution is not that great. I have it (got the official accessory) but have found the screen size to be too small. Also the device runs out of charge in about 1.5 hrs. So one needs to keep it constantly wired to the charging socket and the wire keeps getting in the way. Might as well use the phone Maps. or just get the MMI paid software for the phone.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 10:22   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
At about 1am last night, noticed a badly hit Ecosport tit near the Sanghvi area (for those familiar with Pune demographics). This car had hit a tree and then a 407ish sized vehicle. It had a broken axle, I think one wheel was down as well. Guess what, despite all of this, the driver didn't have a single scratch on his body. Speaks volumes of the safety standards and justifies NCAP ratings
Yup! The Ecosport is a very tough vehicle. Was it a side or frontal impact? Any photos?
Thanks.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 11:10   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Yup! The Ecosport is a very tough vehicle. Was it a side or frontal impact? Any photos?
Thanks.
Front left side and rear door primarily, didn't think it would be apt to take pictures.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:44   #6570
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sunny1974 : The increased amperage doesn't matter as the phone will only use what it wants. .
The adapter would be fine, but please check if the car's circuits - esp the charger socket - can handle the current for two devices being charged.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote