Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th February 2014, 12:55   #6571
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Front left side and rear door primarily, didn't think it would be apt to take pictures.
So it looks like a side impact or sideways skid. Good to know that structural strength is there in side impact also. Most vehicles are weak for side impacts.

Now only if Ford can produce the AT petrol models with a reasonable waiting time frame.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 22:48   #6572
BHPian

Hi guys,

Came across this ecosport at a fuel station in hyderabad.
He removed the spare wheel and the bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140220wa0010.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 01:05   #6573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
So it looks like a side impact or sideways skid. Good to know that structural strength is there in side impact also. Most vehicles are weak for side impacts.

Now only if Ford can produce the AT petrol models with a reasonable waiting time frame.
Hi Sridhar,I had originally booked the AT variant, however due to long wait changed to MT. Which in many ways paid off - was able to beat the price hikes. Also from a performance standpoint 1.5p with a AT gearbox is bad combo in my view. It struggles with MT i wonder how AT would be
Rajiv0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 01:20   #6574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi guys,

Came across this ecosport at a fuel station in hyderabad.
He removed the spare wheel and the bracket.
Oops. The hatchback is exposed!!
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 05:53   #6575
BHPian

Nice catch. I'm just wondering where would have he relocated the spare wheel. The boot has literally no special place to accommodate the spare wheel.
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 06:21   #6576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Nice catch. I'm just wondering where would have he relocated the spare wheel. The boot has literally no special place to accommodate the spare wheel.

He would've kept the spare wheel at home.
Remember the snaps of spare wheel-less Ecosport roaming at Brazil?
The snap was uploaded in the same thread before the vehicle was launched.

The Brazilian had done a much better job. He also got 'E C O S P O R T' badging done on the hatch.
And there were no signs of those two black horizontal parallel lines too.
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 09:19   #6577
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sridhar,I had originally booked the AT variant, however due to long wait changed to MT. Which in many ways paid off - was able to beat the price hikes. Also from a performance standpoint 1.5p with a AT gearbox is bad combo in my view. It struggles with MT i wonder how AT would be
Well I am getting lazy ever since I got a Santro AT. Would like to give my left leg & hand a break. Mind you I did 2 trips to Chennai, in the last 6 months, with our Fusion & managed the gear changes without problems. If the 1.5 petrol's torque curve is near the Fusion's 1.6 petrol I feel it will be ok for 2 people & luggage and will struggle (above 100 kmph) with 4 people & luggage. I am ok with that.
Anyways the long wait for the AT is a putt off & I may eventually, but definitely before the festive season, go in for a used Grand Vitara or Outlander.
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 09:50   #6578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Well I am getting lazy ever since I got a Santro AT. Would like to give my left leg & hand a break. Mind you I did 2 trips to Chennai, in the last 6 months, with our Fusion & managed the gear changes without problems. If the 1.5 petrol's torque curve is near the Fusion's 1.6 petrol I feel it will be ok for 2 people & luggage and will struggle (above 100 kmph) with 4 people & luggage. I am ok with that.
Anyways the long wait for the AT is a putt off & I may eventually, but definitely before the festive season, go in for a used Grand Vitara or Outlander.

Couldn't agree more. ATs certainly are more comfortable. It was my preference as well.
Along with torque, you may also want to compare the weight of these cars. I don't believe 100+ kmphs would be a problem, it would be the frequent downshift/up shift situations where patience would matter

When did you book the vehicle?

Outlander anyday is a better bet. I learnt that XUV AT is also around the corner
Rajiv0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 11:19   #6579
BHPian

I have a titanium o . the other day the key went for a good wash with my pant! I took the key to the ford dealer, they checked & said nothing can be done to it. It seems to get a spare key, it would cost Rs 6500/
Rameshdude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 12:01   #6580
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
... It seems to get a spare key, it would cost Rs 6500/ ...
What? 6500 bucks for a mere spare key? Are they giving you just a spare key with the same configuration as that of your car or are they installing a whole new configured key system with the chip and and stuff?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 12:10   #6581
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello fello BHPians,

I have a query regarding the Anti-Lock Braking System in the car. Does it gets activated after reaching a particular threshold speed or is it Operational all the time?

My doubt is because, that day, I was on a short driveway that had a really slippery floor, I managed to get to 20 kmph on the short driveway and braked suddenly to check if the car tires skid or not.
They actually did skid, so I have a feeling it works after you attain a certain speed.

Cheers !
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 12:59   #6582
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. ATs certainly are more comfortable. It was my preference as well.
Along with torque, you may also want to compare the weight of these cars. I don't believe 100+ kmphs would be a problem, it would be the frequent downshift/up shift situations where patience would matter

When did you book the vehicle?

Outlander anyday is a better bet. I learnt that XUV AT is also around the corner
Did not book the vehicle. 1 yr. waiting is something that I cannot digest.
The only reason I want to let go of the Fusion is the lack of ABS & Airbags. Otherwise it fits my requirements of a 2 pax long distance cruiser perfectly.
Just waiting for firm news on SX4 S-Cross launch dates.
Not too eager for XUV500 AT as it will need to be debugged properly & typically we will be in 2016 by then.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 13:47   #6583
BHPian

Hello all
I'm at Riddhi Ford Service centre today. Since I bought the 1.5D it starts running heavy on any particular day. That particular day it gives pathetic pickup and zip in the drive is gone. I have to drag it to reach my destination. Some strange observations are that it sometimes starts again to give me nice pickup during this heavy heavy drive. Another thing observed is that whenever i bring the car to halt in a jam for few minutes it again starts driving light with a natural zip.
The sad part this behaviour is highly intermittent. I'm really really fed up and hence have to come to service station for them to really debug the issue. I'll leave the car to them until unless they claim that they have been able to debug the issue.
In case any of you have any suggestions please pour in. I'm really really disgusted by this intermittent issue.
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 15:45   #6584
BHPian

Ecosport price reduced by 26K.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/30782062.cms

The second hike is almost nullified now!!.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:24   #6585
BHPian

Can you please tell me the quantum of the handling & RTO charges quoted for the Ecosport Titanium Optional everywhere. My SA says it is 10k, which looks pretty steep. Thanks!
ece2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote