Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 15:10   #6661
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

It hasn't been even one day of ownership of Ford ecosport and I am already experiencing what looks like a troublesome relationship with Ford going forward. I got the car delivered yesterday only with one key and a promise that the other key would be handed over today. After calling they tell me that they have lost the key and I need to leave my car with them so that they can change entire lock set.

After 8 months of wait, and one day of ownership, I am not entirely sure if it is good idea to leave the car with such irresponsible people, so I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.

Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 15:36   #6662
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Trust me, that won't fetch you any additional benefit. If you are skeptical about their work, I suggest you to spare a day and get the job done in your presence. In case you still want to contact the higher authorities at Ford here's the link. Hope this helps
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 19:16   #6663
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
It hasn't been even one day of ownership of Ford ecosport and I am already experiencing what looks like a troublesome relationship with Ford going forward. I got the car delivered yesterday only with one key and a promise that the other key would be handed over today. After calling they tell me that they have lost the key and I need to leave my car with them so that they can change entire lock set.

After 8 months of wait, and one day of ownership, I am not entirely sure if it is good idea to leave the car with such irresponsible people, so I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.

Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Shame on them. The sad part is there is no where you can raise your voice in Ford. Ford has no channels apart from the toll free and the email support. There is no place you can escalate an issue. Even I'm suffering badly. I will never buy Ford in my life. Its always good to learn from others - Honda, Suzuki and Toyota are the best - as they care and have excellent consumer redressal mechanisms.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 8th March 2014 at 19:18. Reason: missed a word.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 19:28   #6664
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,047
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

There was a time when you could write to Mike Boneham and get a redressal to your problem. After he left the Ford Customers are "Ram Bharose".
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 12:31   #6665
BHPian
 
shivkumar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
am uploading some pics ,hope you like it .
Been for a small drive to stretch her ,she handles perfectly at high speeds and devours all small potholes which come under her .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03731.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03721.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03733.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc03720.jpg  

shivkumar19 is online now   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 20:48   #6666
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Been for a small drive to stretch her ,she handles perfectly at high speeds and devours all small potholes which come under her .
with the handling

Congrats on your black beauty.Like the first picture in the fields.

You encouraged me to post some pictures too.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 17:37   #6667
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Check this out:

"bizarrely, the bigger 1.5-litre engine has less power (82kW compared with 92kW) and less torque (140Nm compared with 170). Hit the accelerator and very little happens, and when you go round a corner or up a hill the auto struggles to find the right gear. It does have a Sport mode button but press this and the engine whines like my children."

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/mot...ails-to-score/

I drive a manual though, but it seems this guy yells out exactly what I feel while speeding off at traffic lights or going up an incline.
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 17:52   #6668
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
It hasn't been even one day of ownership of Ford ecosport and I am already experiencing what looks like a troublesome relationship with Ford going forward. I got the car delivered yesterday only with one key and a promise that the other key would be handed over today. After calling they tell me that they have lost the key and I need to leave my car with them so that they can change entire lock set.

After 8 months of wait, and one day of ownership, I am not entirely sure if it is good idea to leave the car with such irresponsible people, so I have decided to take this matter up with Ford authorities.

Guys, can you please share the contact details of people in Ford who would take this more seriously than these dealers?
Yikes!!
However, as someone else also suggested, best is to try the polite/patient approach first and hope it works out.
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 18:22   #6669
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 281
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Ford EcoSport : Official Review

You could just use the transponder number and get duplicate keys. It'll come directly from the factory.

Why all this hassle about changing all the locks ?


EDIT:it's the number written on a metal piece (rectangular(generally) ) attached to the key.
H_Dogg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 19:45   #6670
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,960
Thanked: 6,406 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Check this out:

"bizarrely, the bigger 1.5-litre engine has less power (82kW compared with 92kW) and less torque (140Nm compared with 170). Hit the accelerator and very little happens, and when you go round a corner or up a hill the auto struggles to find the right gear. It does have a Sport mode button but press this and the engine whines like my children."

Source: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/mot...ails-to-score/

I drive a manual though, but it seems this guy yells out exactly what I feel while speeding off at traffic lights or going up an incline.
Feels like the reviewer is not much of an expert. Why would the fact that that 1.0 ecoboost produces more power than the 1.5 be bizarre. Even a person casually following the automobile scene would know that the ecoboost is a turbo petrol and the USP of a turbo petrol is big output and diesel like torque from small displacement engines. Also doesn't the ecosport AT come with tiptronic option. At least the Indian spec version does. So I assume the Australian version does too.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 22:37   #6671
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Dear Anuraj,

If you need the stepney, that is !!
I haven't, one because of the cost and two, because it somehow looks more sporty without the stepney. Ford is selling it for rupees 11,000 as last i heard, might as well buy it from the showroom.
manjuhara is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 23:16   #6672
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Why would the fact that that 1.0 ecoboost produces more power than the 1.5 be bizarre.
I guess the reviewer has just considered the conventional concept "bigger beast better" here and not the technology implied into the engine.
But yes, IMO the 1.5 L Petrol engine under the hood not really feels like a 1.5 L when it struggles (feels under-powered) in normal conditions even with the A/C turned off.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 11:11   #6673
Senior - BHPian
 
CARDEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NCR
Posts: 2,682
Thanked: 1,457 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fordecosportbrazilmodifiedrearquarterview.jpg

This is what an EcoSport owner in Brazil has managed to do to his SUV. Brilliant execution IMO.
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/f...e-wheel-124660
More details here:
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 12:56   #6674
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
You could just use the transponder number and get duplicate keys. It'll come directly from the factory.

Why all this hassle about changing all the locks ?


EDIT:it's the number written on a metal piece (rectangular(generally) ) attached to the key.
The problem would be with the lost key. God knows who may have it. Safer to replace the entire lock.
HighwayBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 15:35   #6675
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
This is what an EcoSport owner in Brazil has managed to do to his SUV.
Very clean finish, must say. Intelligently covered the rear bumper number plate area. Still the raw look of the spare wheel gets a . Ahaan ?
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks