Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2014, 10:52   #6691
BHPian
 
shivkumar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 54
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Dear all
I am facing problem with my microsoft sync , it was working fine all these days could make and recive calls but lately it doesnt seems to connect with my phone though pairs sucessfully plays music through phone but cannot connect for calls it says phone disconnected.
Trouble shooting I tried were
Un paired and tried again
Rebooted the mob
Changed the name of both bluetooth devices
Tried with another mob ( it works)
But I am not able to delete my phone name but all other phone which I tried got deleted.
Is there a way to reset the sync if ?
shivkumar19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 17:25   #6692
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
But only 3.8 Ltrs of engine oil is enough for 1.5L mill? Can experts throw some light?
I'm not an expert
But the manual quotes 3.8L when the oil filter is changed, which it was, in this case:
Name:  EcoSport 1.5 TDCi Capacities.gif
Views: 2808
Size:  20.9 KB
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 20:52   #6693
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Thanks for the attachments. Total cost seems to acceptable. Even Maruthis will have similar cost for a 20K service.
But only 3.8 Ltrs of engine oil is enough for 1.5L mill? Can experts throw some light?

No. Maruti diesels will cost much more than this- they use fully synthetic oil costing 3k, replacement of coolant and the gearbox oil too, IIRC.

Easy job for ford- same oil and oil filter for their 1.4 and 1.5 tdci engines.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 21:38   #6694
BHPian
 
pkk_84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

No. Maruti diesels will cost much more than this- they use fully synthetic oil costing 3k, replacement of coolant and the gearbox oil too, IIRC.
Oh is it. Thats super cool. Maruthi petrol will cost approx 5K fr 20K kms. Which is on higher side compared to fords.
pkk_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 22:21   #6695
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Back from a long trip, decided to keep the speed around 80kmph with the occasional bursts. Really happy to note the MID showed 23.7 kmpl over 200kms on 4 lane roads. On hills it dropped to 21kmpl. On the return journey the speed was maintained between 100 to 120kmph and the MID returned figures of 19.6 over 200km. Pretty good, compared to my Petrol Figo.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 01:05   #6696
BHPian
 
laferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NH 44
Posts: 40
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Just got my vehicle after the 20000km service

The car sure drives smoother and better.There were a few rattles which has gone (for now?)

Attaching the bill for reference
Thanks for sharing with us the service costs.

I think its pretty reasonable when compared to the service costs of my vento.
laferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 18:23   #6697
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hyd
Posts: 28
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Did one run on Bangalore Mysore over the weekend with my Ecosport A/T.
Still in the run-in period and hence kept the revs under 2.5k for most of the time.
Got a mileage of around 14.4 km/L for the trip covering over 300kms.

Drive was pretty smooth though need to plan the overtaking a little in advance compared to my Fiesta 1.6 - but very convenient with the A/T. Handling and poise on the highway was good.

Whats the typical numbers other A/T owners are getting?

Cheers.
Unbranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 18:29   #6698
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

After nagging the Sales Advisor for a while, he mailed me the extended warranty jpeg. Earlier he said it will courier it, but that never happened.

It is just a single A4 sheet with pathetic print quality. Price quoted is 10,xxx. So the RSA costs 6k.

Just for information, i asked him about the waiting periods- he said Titanium models can be arranged in 3 months.

This is Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2014, 20:34   #6699
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Dear Anuraj ,what did you do with the DRL ,did you have them fixed ? if yes where and some pics of the same.
Hi Shivkumar, I have not fixed them. Little wary of opening the light assembly and have not been able to get a trusted hand to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Did one run on Bangalore Mysore over the weekend with my Ecosport A/T.

Whats the typical numbers other A/T owners are getting?

Cheers.
Hi Unbranded - I am getting 11km/litre on city (Bangalore) and 15km/litre on highway runs. While on highway, for overtaking I use triptronic help. Slot the gear to 4th for comfortable overtaking manure - the vehicle do not have much steam left on 5th and 6th gears and hence the planning. In city, overtaking is not a problem.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 01:26   #6700
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Exclamation Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

Hello guys,

I am starting this thread to discuss niggles and their possible solutions one may have faced on their Ecosport.
We can work collectively to solve our problems and also deal with Ford after sales service.
Hope to keep this thread limited to problems and solutions only.

Thank you.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:12   #6701
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

For starters let me share something that happened to my cousins car.

Yesterday when he parked his car and tried locking it, the cabin light , ambient light and the illuminated scuff plates did not switch off.
Cabin light switch position was at centre and he moved it to off position (cabin light was switched off but ambient light and scuff plate light was still on)

He was worried that it will drain his battery overnight and called me.

There is a 15 amps fuse (fuse number 30 in the engine bay fuse box) which I asked him to remove and the Ambient light and the scuff plate light switched off.
Problem everted temporarily but.

1) Why did the cabin light related lights like ambient and illuminated scuff plate light become direct inspite of locking the car?

Please share your valuble suggestions.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:20   #6702
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 644
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
For starters let me share something that happened to my cousins car.

Yesterday when he parked his car and tried locking it, the cabin light , ambient light and the illuminated scuff plates did not switch off.
Cabin light switch position was at centre and he moved it to off position (cabin light was switched off but ambient light and scuff plate light was still on)

He was worried that it will drain his battery overnight and called me.

There is a 15 amps fuse (fuse number 30 in the engine bay fuse box) which I asked him to remove and the Ambient light and the scuff plate light switched off.
Problem everted temporarily but.

1) Why did the cabin light related lights like ambient and illuminated scuff plate light become direct inspite of locking the car?

Please share your valuble suggestions.
1. Do they go off when the car is started ?
2. Did he drive the car in heavy monsoons or leave a window open overnight . Water seepage into door sections are known to cause rust on door switches . They're normally not as robustly built compared to rest of the car. gradually, the grounding is lost, which stops all proper functioning. WD40 spray might do the trick here.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:29   #6703
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
1. Do they go off when the car is started ?
2. Did he drive the car in heavy monsoons or leave a window open overnight . Water seepage into door sections are known to cause rust on door switches . They're normally not as robustly built compared to rest of the car. gradually, the grounding is lost, which stops all proper functioning. WD40 spray might do the trick here.
Thanks Arun.
1)The lights didnt go off when the car started.
2) He didnt drive in heavy rains nor left the window open.
But it reminds me that the car was washed a day before.

Will ask him to reinsert the fuse tomorrow after WD40 spray and check if the problem has resolved
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:33   #6704
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 644
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks Arun.
1)The lights didnt go off when the car started.
2) He didnt drive in heavy rains nor left the window open.
But it reminds me that the car was washed a day before.

Will ask him to reinsert the fuse tomorrow after WD40 spray and check if the problem has resolved
If point 1 didn't happen , i feel point 2 will not resolve matter . Better to visit A.S.S whenever convenient .
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 02:40   #6705
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford Ecosport niggles and solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
If point 1 didn't happen , i feel point 2 will not resolve matter . Better to visit A.S.S whenever convenient .
The problem is that he stays upcountry in Khammam district.
He will be able to visit the A.S.S only on his next visit to Hyderabad..

Anyways will update the thread once the solution is arrived upon.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks