Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:13   #6781
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kochi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
All you have to is swap the whole assembly. Simple.

The cost for new model is 14000 per pair (with drls but no projectors)
(Old model without DRLs and projectors cost around 11000)
I sincerely wish one has to pay only the difference, i.e., just Rs.3000 for DRL
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:28   #6782
BHPian
 
Anoop_SG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 61
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

This is indeed a great news for Ecosport owners. The after market DRL cost quoted by a local accessories shop was around 12K. At this price, we don't have to bother about the mod affecting the warranty. Also we get the completely sealed OEM accessory as opposed to the crudely reassembled headlamp unit, if done outside the dealership.

I am also going to go for it once the demo is available in the dealership.
Anoop_SG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:58   #6783
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
I sincerely wish one has to pay only the difference, i.e., just Rs.3000 for DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
This is indeed a great news for Ecosport owners.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
How much will a person pay if he needs to get the drls?


We have to pay 14000 for the new set of Headlamps .Ford calls them as "signature headlamps".(assuming the shape of DRLs is the signature)

The old ones removed from our cars will be returned back to us as this is not an exchange offer.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 3rd April 2014 at 00:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:00   #6784
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
The old ones removed from our cars will be returned back to us as this is not an exchange offer.
I had a word with a very renowned modder and performance parts seller in Delhi NCR over the inquiry email yesterday. This is what I inquired.

I'm planning to go for DRLs (within the headlamp like the Brazilian Ecosport) which turn into indicators too and the bi-xenon HIT kit (4500-5000 K). Also what will be the cost of the DRLs + Bi-xenon HID kit (4500 - 5000 K, without projectors) + fitment?

The reply I got (apologies for their hilarious grammar):

hi
yes can be done as you are looking for?
as for the aliexpress we dont have idea about the quality they are supplying as few cheap are available too
yes these are from china but our quality is different

the total cost would be with fitments of neon +hid kit and discounted price of tbhp ,member would be 10000/-


And now, that Ford has included DRLs in their “genuine accessories” list for 14K, I’m wondering what to select:

1. Ford’s genuine DRLs at Rs. 14K.(no need to switch on the parking lights all the time, even in daylight)
2. Aftermarket DRLs + bi-xenon HID kit from a renowned modder at Rs. 10K. (I'll have to turn on the parking lights (includes the tail lights))
Help.
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:20   #6785
BHPian
 
petrolveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad.
Posts: 106
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post





1. Ford’s genuine DRLs at Rs. 14K.(no need to switch on the parking lights all the time, even in daylight)

2. Aftermarket DRLs + bi-xenon HID kit from a renowned modder at Rs. 10K. (I'll have to turn on the parking lights (includes the tail lights))

Help.

I would go with Ford genuine accessories notwithstanding the cost difference. With these type of mods better to go with official accessories.
petrolveins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 13:41   #6786
BHPian
 
Anoop_SG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 61
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Guys, it's confirmed. DRL's now an official accessory from Ford. 14k for a pair of headlights with DRLs including labor. Sadly, no indicator effect on the DRLs as seen in aftermarket ones. The local dealer here just ordered few kits for demo. Official fitment will start soon. Am ordering
Can we add the indicator effect later on - there must be some provision to connect the DRL to the indicator socket as well, as long as the DRL tube supports 2 colours.
Anoop_SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:25   #6787
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,542
Thanked: 2,532 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Can we add the indicator effect later on - there must be some provision to connect the DRL to the indicator socket as well, as long as the DRL tube supports 2 colours.
Not sure on that. Am waiting to see the kit and ask all questions. But these guys have no idea on this. I had a hard time explaining DRLs to him.

OT - Good to see you here. Glad you made it through.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:16   #6788
BHPian
 
shivkumar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
We have to pay 14000 for the new set of Headlamps .Ford calls them as "signature headlamps".(assuming the shape of DRLs is the signature)

The old ones removed from our cars will be returned back to us as this is not an exchange offer.

True Ecosport Rules, My SA had called and the DRLs have arrived at the showroom , I am having them installed this evening will keep you guys updated and also some pics too.
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:23   #6789
BHPian
 
H_Dogg72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 278
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
I had a word :



1. Ford’s genuine DRLs at Rs. 14K.(no need to switch on the parking lights all the time, even in daylight)

2. Aftermarket DRLs + bi-xenon HID kit from a renowned modder at Rs. 10K. (I'll have to turn on the parking lights (includes the tail lights))

Help.

I'd suggest the second option provided that the warranty stays intact and that there's no splicing of wires.

The Xenons would be more beneficial than the DRL'S
Do you have the pics of the setup?
H_Dogg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:43   #6790
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
I had a word with a very renowned

And now, that Ford has included DRLs in their “genuine accessories” list for 14K, I’m wondering what
Help.
Undoubtedly the genuine Ford accessory.
Just add the bixenons to the new headlamps and you are good to go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Can we add the indicator effect later on - there must be some provision to connect the DRL to the indicator socket as well, as long as the DRL tube supports 2 colours.
No you cannot add indicators later, ive already seen the signature lights.
It is a single colour LED.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 3rd April 2014 at 15:45.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:46   #6791
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 31
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello all, Just got my membership approved, Thanks to the Mods.
I have a question for EcoSport owners. Has somebody installed Tweeters on the TDCI Titanium version in last 3-4 Months
highwaycruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:07   #6792
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Just called up 2 Ford Dealers in Delhi, for the signature headlamps. They haven't even heard of anything of that sort yet. I guess I'll have to wait.
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:28   #6793
BHPian
 
Anoop_SG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 61
Thanked: 88 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not sure on that. Am waiting to see the kit and ask all questions. But these guys have no idea on this. I had a hard time explaining DRLs to him.

OT - Good to see you here. Glad you made it through.
Thanks Naveen - atlast made it through.

If COK Kairali Ford has ordered the parts, I am guessing that TVM Kairali Ford will follow suit soon. Have you checked with Malayalam Ford dealer, they may offer some more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
True Ecosport Rules, My SA had called and the DRLs have arrived at the showroom , I am having them installed this evening will keep you guys updated and also some pics too.


Eagerly waiting for the same. Kindly do detail the procedure followed for installing the same and also the exact impact that the same had on your wallet.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd April 2014 at 23:57. Reason: Posts merged.
Anoop_SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:44   #6794
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Hello all, Just got my membership approved, Thanks to the Mods.
I have a question for EcoSport owners. Has somebody installed Tweeters on the TDCI Titanium version in last 3-4 Months
Welcome aboard highwaycruizer. Have a pleasant stay here.
Regarding tweeters our mods expert ecosport rules got them installed long back. IIRC he had installed Hertz DT-24.3 and stated that the outcome was fair. You can PM him for further guidance. Here's his handle ecosport rules.
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:11   #6795
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,542
Thanked: 2,532 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Thanks Naveen - atlast made it through.

If COK Kairali Ford has ordered the parts, I am guessing that TVM Kairali Ford will follow suit soon. Have you checked with Malayalam Ford dealer, they may offer some more info.
No. Havent checked with them. I shall also check in Blore when I drive there next week.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks