Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 22:57   #7066
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

After lots of brainstorming and round-table conferences with my parents and sisters, I've finally decided to book Ford EcoSport 1.5P Trend. Heartfelt thanks to all BHPians who shared their valuable insights on this awesome forum.

So, now lets get to the basics. First, here is the cost breakdown as offered by my local Ford dealer in Delhi NCR -

1.5 EcoSport Petrol Trend -

1. Ex-Showroom - 7.13 lakhs
2. 3rd year warranty with RSA - 7k
3. 0 dep insurance - 26k
4. Registration - 46k
5. Handling - 6k
6. Essential Kit - 4k
7. Reverse Park Assist Camera - 18k
8. Bodycare package - 7.5k
9. Spl Accessories Pckg - 25k

Total Price - 8.5 lakhs

Essential Kit includes Mud Flap, Foot Mat, Boot Mat and Key Chain.
Special Accessories Package includes Spare Wheel Cover, Fog Lamps and Engine Guard.
Bodycare Package: No idea whats included!

Most probably I'll be going for white color.

Additional accessories which I'll opt for -

1. Roof rails
2. Seat covers
3. Alloy wheels
4. Leather wrapping for steering wheel and gear knobs

Now, the queries -

1. Any other accessory which I have missed?

2. Any suggestions from where I can get quality accessories fitted in Delhi NCR?

3. Thoughts on cost breakdown above? Suggestions regarding insurance?

4. Is it worth shifting from 15' to 16' wheels? If yes, then Good Year? Michelin?

5. No need for reverse park sensors. The reverse park camera should suffice. Right?

6. Any other suggestions?

My final meeting with the dealer is on Saturday. I'll try to squeeze the cost for additional accessories and those packages... but lets see.
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 23:43   #7067
BHPian
 
param22k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 89
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
A few pictures of damage at the area where you hit the EcoSport and the area from where fuel is leaking. This will help us pin point the problem.

Anurag.
I visited the service center in the evening. First I was told that the fuel tank had leaked due to damage and would cost 12k to replace. I was sure there had been no impact under the car so insisted on a thorough inspection. As it turned out, there was no impact damage on the tank. Apparently the leakage is due to a manufacturing fault in the tank itself and the dealership is replacing it under warranty. The leak has happened where stamping has been done on the tank.

I noticed that the flimsy plastic fuel tank has no protection underneath. It is also an inch or so below the level of chassis so it is susceptible to damage. I'm not impressed by the build quality of the tank or its fitting and positioning. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140506_180537.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140506_180548e.jpg  

param22k is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 06:15   #7068
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,370
Thanked: 9,802 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Apparently the leakage is due to a manufacturing fault in the tank itself and the dealership is replacing it under warranty. The leak has happened where stamping has been done on the tank.

I noticed that the flimsy plastic fuel tank has no protection underneath.
Good that leakage wad found and a replacement is being done. Had you believed them your pocket would have been lighter by 12K. Any unsuspecting customer would do as Ford says without much benefit of doubt.

Think on the lines of a customfuel tank protection guard, at least that will help a bit in keeping it from getting scratched.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 07:08   #7069
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
1. Turning Radius - It is HUGE. I felt that it is almost twice that of the WagonR and considerably larger than Honda City. Official statistics also agree. I'm afraid that this will cause difficulty while parking the car.
Yes, the turning radius is larger. But you'll only notice this during U-turns. During normal driving, you'll never see or feel this. Not even while taking hair-pin bends. Its only mildly annoying, and is far from a deal breaker (unless you regularly hook U-turns in narrow streets!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
2. Gearbox - The test drive car's gearbox was very tight. As per the agent, the gearbox is normally quite smooth.
As others have suggested, try another TD vehicle. Ford's iB5 gearbox (used in the EcoSport) isn't as slick shifting as the Japanese/Korean competition, but is still quite smooth and with good positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
3. Which variant? - As per me, the only useful feature in Titanium over Trend is the air-bag. Is it really worth shelling out an extra 1 lakh for the Titanium?
I think that's really your decision. The feature list has more features in the Titanium over the Trend, which accounts for the 1-lakh difference. You'd need to ask yourself if the 1-lakh is worth those features that matter to you. Since you see the airbag as a useful feature (hence have an eye on safety), why not treat the additional 1-lakh as a safety investment?
arunphilip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 10:34   #7070
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 85
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Can owners who have done 10K service check their receipts and confirm how much engine oil was filled? 3.8 or 4.6
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:02   #7071
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 144
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
After lots of brainstorming and round-table conferences with my parents and sisters, I've finally decided to book Ford EcoSport 1.5P Trend. Heartfelt thanks to all BHPians who shared their valuable insights on this awesome forum.

So, now lets get to the basics. First, here is the cost breakdown as offered by my local Ford dealer in Delhi NCR -

1.5 EcoSport Petrol Trend -

1. Ex-Showroom - 7.13 lakhs
2. 3rd year warranty with RSA - 7k
3. 0 dep insurance - 26k
4. Registration - 46k
5. Handling - 6k
6. Essential Kit - 4k
7. Reverse Park Assist Camera - 18k
8. Bodycare package - 7.5k
9. Spl Accessories Pckg - 25k

Total Price - 8.5 lakhs

Essential Kit includes Mud Flap, Foot Mat, Boot Mat and Key Chain.
Special Accessories Package includes Spare Wheel Cover, Fog Lamps and Engine Guard.
Bodycare Package: No idea whats included!

Most probably I'll be going for white color.

Additional accessories which I'll opt for -

1. Roof rails
2. Seat covers
3. Alloy wheels
4. Leather wrapping for steering wheel and gear knobs

Now, the queries -

1. Any other accessory which I have missed?

2. Any suggestions from where I can get quality accessories fitted in Delhi NCR?

3. Thoughts on cost breakdown above? Suggestions regarding insurance?

4. Is it worth shifting from 15' to 16' wheels? If yes, then Good Year? Michelin?

5. No need for reverse park sensors. The reverse park camera should suffice. Right?

6. Any other suggestions?

My final meeting with the dealer is on Saturday. I'll try to squeeze the cost for additional accessories and those packages... but lets see.
Hi dsunn, you can pm/email me (rajiv.mulchandani@gmail.com) and i can share details of my blog on accessorizing the ecosport. The reason i am not posting it here as it is published on a competing forum.

Mods - If the contents of the above post are inapt or voilate any rules, please feel free to reject it. I can also share the link of my blog and can replicate on team bhp in case you feel that the contents could be useful to the audience here
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:26   #7072
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I bought my Ecosport 1.5L P from Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon with a “not so good” experience. I guess you must have gone to the same dealer. My SA’s name was Satyapal.

On road Price: Rs. 7.68 L with reverse parking camera & sensors, body-care package and the extended 3rd year warranty on August 9th, 2013 (Before the price hike(s)) .

Harpreet Ford belongs to the Sachdev Group and has a brand named “3T” under them that sells accessories like reverse parking cameras and sensors with really bad performance, a hefty price tag and thus huge margins.

The dealer just wants to increase their margin by forcing you to buy the disastrously priced accessories (I’ve been through it) because they don’t extract much from just the car. Just get the raw car from the dealer and get everything done on your own.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
3. 0 dep insurance - 26k
I got the insurance done from ICICI Lombard at just 18k with zero depreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
4. Is it worth shifting from 15' to 16' wheels? If yes, then Good Year? Michelin?
My advice is to stick to the 15’ wheels as the torque from the 1.5 L Petrol motor offers is ideal for the 15’ and switching to 16’ wheels & tyres will bring you down by a good 50-60k. You can buy 15’ alloys though. Good Years have low road noise levels as compared to the MRFs but being softer they’ll wear at a much faster rate. Michelins are certainly better in road grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
6. Essential Kit - 4k
9. Spl Accessories Pckg - 25k
You can get the cosmetic accessories from many after-market shops in Delhi at one-third of the dealer price. The one I know is “The Shoppe Accessories, G 48, Palika Bhawan, R K Puram, New Delhi, DL 110066” and Kashmiri Gate is the paradise of car accessories, just dedicate a day to it and you’ll get them all installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
7. Reverse Park Assist Camera - 18k
The reverse parking camera that the Dealer offers is from “3T” which is Sachdev Group’s brand and is pathetic, ask the dealer for Autocop or Ford. I feel sensors are helpful in congested places and give you a better idea of the corners of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
8. Bodycare package - 7.5k
Body-care package includes an under-body paint protection from 3M along with 6 inspections and Teflon coats (3 times). IMO go for a good paint protection-sealant package for new cars offered from 3M, Gurgaon at a lesser price and trust me you’ll love it.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 14:36   #7073
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: chennai
Posts: 3
Thanked: 6 Times
Default accessories and detailing done for ford ecosport

Took delivery of my ford ecosport 1.5 diesel titanium mars red colour car on 02.05.14 from MPL ford pallikaranai.
Opted for essential pack for Rs.4700/- (floor mat, boot mat, mud flap), car cover Rs.1975/-, lamp assembly interior Rs.2770/-, LED scuff plate (front) Rs.5500/- from the dealer. Also, took comprehensive insurance with zero depreciation bumper to bumper (Rs.35000/-) from bajaj Allianz through the dealer.
Visited 3M car care at nandanam on 03.05.14 for the following jobs:
1) Anti-corrosion treatment with 5 year warranty
2) Paint sealant
3) Paint protection film for outside rear view mirrors, front and rear bumper corners
4) Nomad mats
Discount of 10% was on offer for the above jobs and gladly took it, total payment was around Rs.19000/-.
Mr.Dushy, who runs the place is customer-friendly and always willing to help. He patiently gave a demo of the various car detailing works available. The workplace is spacious and clean with a separate lounge for guests to sit and watch the work being carried out.
I have attached a few pictures of before and after treatment. The price list for car detailing is also attached for benefit of members.
waiting for detailing:Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8750.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8751.jpg

after paint sealant job: Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8851.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8853.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8831.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8833.jpg

anti-corrosion coating for under body:
before coating: Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8771.jpg
after coating: Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8777.jpg

price list for detailing of small size cars: Int_Ext_Small_Details.docx
price list for detailing of medium size cars: Int_Ext_Med_Details.docx
price list for detailing of big size cars: Int_Ext_large_details.docx
ckrckr is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 14:58   #7074
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 780
Thanked: 764 Times
Post Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Dear BHPians,

need help from all you guys regarding the problem i am facing with my Reverse camera with IRVM display bought as ford genuine accessory. before buying i assumed that it would be with auto dimming feature as it costs Rs.22,000/-, but to my disappointment the IRVM doesn't dim during night time when there is a car behind with full beam of headlight on (most people irritatingly drive with full beams ) which is causing a lot of problem for me to drive the vehicle during as i literally can't use it at all. i tried to search this thread for any previous mention about the same problem but couldn't find desired result, so forgive me if this issue has been posted before. As you all night be knowing that there is a button on the IRVM which is only to adjust the brightness and there are two lights. according to the service centre the IRVM can also be used as small display to play videos but they don't activate that feature.
Anyway this absence of auto dimming is a serious concern for me, so if any of you had similar problem and have installed this product then do share anything which might help me.

thanks.
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 21:21   #7075
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
I bought my Ecosport 1.5L P from Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon with a “not so good” experience. I guess you must have gone to the same dealer. My SA’s name was Satyapal.

On road Price: Rs. 7.68 L with reverse parking camera & sensors, body-care package and the extended 3rd year warranty on August 9th, 2013 (Before the price hike(s)) .

Harpreet Ford belongs to the Sachdev Group and has a brand named “3T” under them that sells accessories like reverse parking cameras and sensors with really bad performance, a hefty price tag and thus huge margins.

The dealer just wants to increase their margin by forcing you to buy the disastrously priced accessories (I’ve been through it) because they don’t extract much from just the car. Just get the raw car from the dealer and get everything done on your own.




I got the insurance done from ICICI Lombard at just 18k with zero depreciation.



My advice is to stick to the 15’ wheels as the torque from the 1.5 L Petrol motor offers is ideal for the 15’ and switching to 16’ wheels & tyres will bring you down by a good 50-60k. You can buy 15’ alloys though. Good Years have low road noise levels as compared to the MRFs but being softer they’ll wear at a much faster rate. Michelins are certainly better in road grip.



You can get the cosmetic accessories from many after-market shops in Delhi at one-third of the dealer price. The one I know is “The Shoppe Accessories, G 48, Palika Bhawan, R K Puram, New Delhi, DL 110066” and Kashmiri Gate is the paradise of car accessories, just dedicate a day to it and you’ll get them all installed.



The reverse parking camera that the Dealer offers is from “3T” which is Sachdev Group’s brand and is pathetic, ask the dealer for Autocop or Ford. I feel sensors are helpful in congested places and give you a better idea of the corners of your car.



Body-care package includes an under-body paint protection from 3M along with 6 inspections and Teflon coats (3 times). IMO go for a good paint protection-sealant package for new cars offered from 3M, Gurgaon at a lesser price and trust me you’ll love it.
Hi 13,

Yup... I'm in talks with the same dealer. The SA said that if I don't opt for accessories, then my delivery might be delayed! This is pure blackmail! Now, I'm even more convinced not to go for accessories even if the delivery is delayed by couple of months.

Regarding reverse camera and sensors, if I get them installed from outside, wouldn't that violate my general warranty (being an electrical item)? So, I should insist the dealer itself to install Autocop instead of 3T? I think I'll go for both sensors and camera.

I'm guessing that the dealer offers this 3M sealant package. If not, then from where can I get 3M sealant protection package in Gurgaon?

Thanks for the valuable suggestions! These are really helpful tips.

Cheers!
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 21:59   #7076
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
Dear BHPians, need help from all you guys regarding the problem i am facing with my Reverse camera with IRVM display bought as ford genuine accessory. before buying i assumed that it would be with auto dimming feature as it costs Rs.22,000/-, but to my disappointment the IRVM doesn't dim during night time when there is a car behind with full beam of headlight on (most people irritatingly drive with full beams )
May I ask how are you verifying the auto dimming functionality ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th May 2014 at 02:39. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 22:56   #7077
BHPian
 
adi_petrolhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 780
Thanked: 764 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
May I ask how are you verifying the auto dimming functionality ?
there is full glare during night which certainly means that the mirror is not dimming….correct me if I'm wrong...


Note from Support. Please post with proper punctuation & grammar. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 8th May 2014 at 01:03.
adi_petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 23:07   #7078
BHPian
 
the13thtee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 48 Times
Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Hi 13,

This is pure blackmail! Now, I'm even more convinced not to go for accessories even if the delivery is delayed by couple of months.

I should insist the dealer itself to install Autocop instead of 3T? I think I'll go for both sensors and camera.

I'm guessing that the dealer offers this 3M sealant package. If not, then from where can I get 3M sealant protection package in Gurgaon?


Cheers!
They're defining the word "blackmailing" better than the Oxford . Remember to keep a good regular follow up of your vehicle else it'll get allotted to someone ready to bribe the SA. Just ask him for a ford make camera costing around 25k or for Autocop and don't go after-market for any electrical accessories which involve cutting of wires. Ford doesn't offers any paint protection it's just the under-body and teflon. Here's the 3M car care address: Golf Course Road,, Road No. F-11, Rao Mohar Singh Market, DLF Phase - 1,Sector 27, DLF Golf Course Rd, Sector 27, Gurgaon, Haryana 122009

Last edited by the13thtee : 7th May 2014 at 23:11.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 23:11   #7079
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead
there is full glare during night which certainly means that the mirror is not dimming….correct me if I'm wrong...
There is a light sensor on the back side of mirror facing windshield , we should observe a slight colour change of mirror once we cover the sensor even during day time . Kindly confirm whether this phenomenon is happening or not .
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 23:47   #7080
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
They're defining the word "blackmailing" better than the Oxford . Remember to keep a good regular follow up of your vehicle else it'll get allotted to someone ready to bribe the SA. Just ask him for a ford make camera costing around 25k or for Autocop and don't go after-market for any electrical accessories which involve cutting of wires. Ford doesn't offers any paint protection it's just the under-body and teflon. Here's the 3M car care address: Golf Course Road,, Road No. F-11, Rao Mohar Singh Market, DLF Phase - 1,Sector 27, DLF Golf Course Rd, Sector 27, Gurgaon, Haryana 122009
Thanks!

So, that means that the fog lamps should also be installed by the dealer? Since its an electrical item, I should not opt for after-market in this case. Ditto for DRL. Right?
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks