Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2014, 21:26   #7186
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Fuse taps from the passenger side fuse box
Sorry if I come across as a complete ignorant...

As far as I know, the rear parking camera is connected to the reverse light bulb and the cable runs through the entire length of the car and is connected to the the display. And, the display unit is connected to the Fuse box on passenger side for power. Now, connection to the reverse light bulb will definitely involve cutting / splicing. Is there a way to mitigate that?

I'm guessing that there are specific pins in the fuse box that power-up when reverse gear is engaged. So, the camera is connected to pin which provides power on ignition and the display is connected to pin which provides power when reverse gear is engaged. Is this right?

Also, I should buy a 12v power parking camera and a 12v display, right?

Lastly, I was wondering how does one manage to install DRLs without wire cutting / splicing? Is it also connected to fuse box (I'm guessing the one near battery??)

Last edited by dsunn : 15th May 2014 at 21:47.
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 22:30   #7187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 144
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Sorry if I come across as a complete ignorant...
===========
Lastly, I was wondering how does one manage to install DRLs without wire cutting / splicing? Is it also connected to fuse box (I'm guessing the one near battery??)

Yes, you are right. It is fuse 3 that powers the rear light. You can use a fuse tap to draw power safely and in case you are ordering the taps online pls order Mini size.

Drls are usually powered thru relays that connect directly to the battery
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 23:09   #7188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Yes, you are right. It is fuse 3 that powers the rear light. You can use a fuse tap to draw power safely and in case you are ordering the taps online pls order Mini size.

Drls are usually powered thru relays that connect directly to the battery
Brilliant! thanks for these helpful tips Rajiv!
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 08:33   #7189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 344
Thanked: 146 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Sorry if I come across as a complete ignorant...

As far as I know, the rear parking camera is connected to the reverse light bulb and the cable runs through the entire length of the car and is connected to the the display. And, the display unit is connected to the Fuse box on passenger side for power. Now, connection to the reverse light bulb will definitely involve cutting / splicing. Is there a way to mitigate that?

I'm guessing that there are specific pins in the fuse box that power-up when reverse gear is engaged. So, the camera is connected to pin which provides power on ignition and the display is connected to pin which provides power when reverse gear is engaged. Is this right?

Also, I should buy a 12v power parking camera and a 12v display, right?

Lastly, I was wondering how does one manage to install DRLs without wire cutting / splicing? Is it also connected to fuse box (I'm guessing the one near battery??)
The one which you buy as OEM reverse parking camera doesn't involve cutting the wire. I forgot now from where they tapped the power
anumod is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 08:38   #7190
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 8,025 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Guys, use a fuse-tap cable to get a +12V from one of the fuses in the fuse box. You don't have to cut or splice any cables.

Name:  15AfontbMinibfontBladefontbFusebfontfontbTapb.jpg
Views: 3338
Size:  61.3 KB

Just ensure that you do not overload the terminal by drawing more power than what it is meant to handle. For eg. if a fuse in the slot is rated at 5 A, ensure that whatever you intend to connect to this slot, doesn't draw more than 12V x 5 A = 60W. Cigarette lighter sockets usually have 160-180 W with a 15A fuse in the slot. If you do not intend to use one, this is one of the safe bets.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2014 at 08:50.
Gannu_1 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 17:25   #7191
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 25
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Sadly, none of the three dealers I contacted in Kerala - Kairali Ford TVM, Kairali Ford Cochin and Malayalam Ford Cochin - are taking bookings for the Ecosport AT.
Looks like they don't want to sell AT to Indians. ES AT is definitely the VFM vehicle. In spite of pre-booking, I had o fight for 6 months to get delivery. Ford seems to be exporting majority of ATs.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 12:11   #7192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 90
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Anyone knows a good place in Delhi NCR to install these reverse parking cameras?

Also, it would great if someone could guide me to the specific camera model which is available online (from sites like aliexpress.com, etc.) which is easily compatible with EcoSport.

Thanks!
dsunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 08:52   #7193
Newbie
 
HeisenBerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 18
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi Guys,

I had booked my Ecosport on 19th October 2013 with Kairali Ford, Thirssur Kerala. After almost seven months of waiting, i took delivery on 16th May 2014.

Meet "Emma"

Ford Ecosport, Ecoboost Titanium (O)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-10339378_10152207512938565_3008236641559542534_o.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-10348666_10152207513313565_8771049237011178209_o.jpg  

HeisenBerg is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 15:31   #7194
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 85
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Update on Engine oil Qty after 10 K service

Spoke to Ford Chennai.
Some guy in their corporate office insists that the engine oil qty has to be "what the system throws out". He says service center cannot put the qty on their own and must go only by the "system".
When I told him that many owners are puttng in the qty as per the owners manual he claimed it was not correct.
However he said he would 'check with factory' and revert.

It does look like something has gone wrong somewhere. I tried calling the service engineer in south region but he did not come on the line after I informed the receptionist what I wanted.
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 21:33   #7195
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,370
Thanked: 9,802 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
When I told him that many owners are puttng in the qty as per the owners manual he claimed it was not correct.
However he said he would 'check with factory' and revert.

It does look like something has gone wrong somewhere.
What a vague corporate office guy is he!

How can a owner on the earth know what the correct what you of the engine oil to be added? For this answer he'll definitely look at the bible he has - "The Owners Manual". If the information printed is wrong then only god can help owners.

Surprised that there is no process of Proof-reading veggie printing manuals. Documentation procedures are not followed properly I guess.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 21:39   #7196
BHPian
 
keralshobhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Delhi, IN
Posts: 121
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Anyone knows a good place in Delhi NCR to install these reverse parking cameras?

Also, it would great if someone could guide me to the specific camera model which is available online (from sites like aliexpress.com, etc.) which is easily compatible with EcoSport.

Thanks!
I got mapmyindia thing with a reverse camera.
but its a little crazy to turn on the screen every time you start driving.
keralshobhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 11:39   #7197
BHPian
 
shivkumar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 53
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
I got mapmyindia thing with a reverse camera.
but its a little crazy to turn on the screen every time you start driving.
and also click three times on the screen for the GPS to start ....leave alone typing a name/address in the search box ,battery dies of in 15-20 mins always need to be charged . the maps on my smart phones is far more user friendly.
shivkumar19 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:44   #7198
BHPian
 
jojoinassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 99
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

For all those who are annoyed with the rattle from the tailgate,FORD India is offering some fluorinated grease (du pont krytox) under warranty.Available for certain VIN's
It works !!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-krytox.jpg  

jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 17:04   #7199
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 85
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The 'corporate office' seems to have passed on instructions to the workshop. The car was taken for service again and have been told it will take 2 days. "Some software issue" was their response when I asked why two days is required. I guess their 'system' which decided on the amount of oil has to be updated or my ECU has to be updated.
Whatever it is, if so many workshops in the country have been putting the wrong amount of oil, Ford is going to have quite a few calls as the news spreads.



Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What a vague corporate office guy is he!

How can a owner on the earth know what the correct what you of the engine oil to be added? For this answer he'll definitely look at the bible he has - "The Owners Manual". If the information printed is wrong then only god can help owners.

Surprised that there is no process of Proof-reading veggie printing manuals. Documentation procedures are not followed properly I guess.

Anurag.
Srinivas C is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 17:14   #7200
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
For all those who are annoyed with the rattle from the tailgate,FORD India is offering some fluorinated grease (du pont krytox) under warranty.Available for certain VIN's
It works !!
Where in tail gate is this getting applied ?
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks