Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st September 2014, 11:39   #7936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

Honest question - Is this confirmed? Just bull bar or grill guard is also in the same league? Are there official crash reports with bull bars on the cars?
Not in India, i expect, but take a look here

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/fa.../bullbars.html

Abroad, with implemented policies, you have to buy bull bars which are airbag compatible, ie, they crumple passing the impact to the sensor eventually. What do you think ours do?
You're protecting the bumper, but you're also isolating the crash sensor. If it doesn't sense the impact, you may just as well buy the base model, use the rest for stickers and aerials, yeah.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 13:45   #7937
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) Get the official reverse camera it is worth it and the camera view at night is good. The absence of auto dimming is not felt due to mirror surface type.
Hey can you please send a pic or something of the glare you get during night times. Mine doesn't work at all it is very difficult to see at the night with vehicles coming with high beam from the back. There isn't any reduction in glare at all.

Thanks
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 17:29   #7938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post

Hey can you please send a pic or something of the glare you get during night times. Mine doesn't work at all it is very difficult to see at the night with vehicles coming with high beam from the back. There isn't any reduction in glare at all.
Seems to be a faulty mirror unit then. Do get it checked at the ASC and do check other EcoSport's too for confirmation.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 17:53   #7939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Seems to be a faulty mirror unit then. Do get it checked at the ASC and do check other EcoSport's too for confirmation.

Anurag.
Have gone through with them. They have changed it once but still no difference. The customer helpline has raised there hands by saying this is the unit that they provide and have only a black coating to prevent glare. Am fed up now, driving in night has become a nightmare. My eyes start to pain because of glare.
sidenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 17:55   #7940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have gone through with them. They have changed it once but still no difference. The customer helpline has raised there hands by saying this is the unit that they provide and have only a black coating to prevent glare. Am fed up now, driving in night has become a nightmare. My eyes start to pain because of glare.

Then it is better to get the regular D/N mirror. Cheap and works better at least assured to work!

Anurag.
Old 1st September 2014, 19:03   #7941
BHPian

Quote:

Then it is better to get the regular D/N mirror. Cheap and works better at least assured to work!

Anurag.
Ya i agree. Have involved dealership for the same and they have inspected the IRVM and they confirmed that its useless at night time so the they are trying for a refund or get it exchanged for something else. Lets see hope for the best.
Old 1st September 2014, 21:10   #7942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Goodyears won't last! I'd 6 punctures in 1 tyre and the sidewall of another gave away. The sidewalls are ridiculously thin and if you live in areas with bad roads with jagged edges, its no use going to Goodyears.
I don't know about MRF that comes on Ecosport but in general, i find MRFs built to last longer at the expense of slight drop in grip and increase in road noise. But seriously, if you are not into traffic light racing and are a responsible driver, MRF should do well.
I have the MRF ones and I've clocked 31000 km so far
I'm quite happy with them
No punctures so far - touchwood
Are people prejudiced against the MRF's?
jojoinassi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 23:40   #7943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
The problem is the speed at which you are driving. At those high speeds, the mileage will drop significantly. If you were to drive around 90 kmph you will find a significant increase the mileage. Of course it might not be worth the tradeoff for you!
True, speed definitely lowers the mileage, but I am able to get around 12 even in urban driving, so I was pointing out that you will get 15+ only when you are able to or willing to drive in 5th gear between 80 to 90 kmph.
4x4addict is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:39   #7944
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you move the mirror to some other position say corner of dashboard and have the regular/stock mirror in place. I believe you might have to rewire.
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:43   #7945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Why dont you move the mirror to some other position say corner of dashboard and have the regular/stock mirror in place. I believe you might have to rewire.
You are right but won't two IRVMs look weird. I dint want clutter on my dashboard so went for the more expensive option of Camera with IRVM display to keep it simple. Else would have taken the other option of mapmyindia navigation screen with reverse camera.
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:56   #7946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ya i agree. Have involved dealership for the same and they have inspected the IRVM and they confirmed that its useless at night time so the they are trying for a refund or get it exchanged for something else. Lets see hope for the best.
What is Ford saying and what are they upto? Are they entertaining the complaint or just passing the time by saying some excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Sorry to ask but why would anyone want to do that? Why two IRVM's are needed?

After paying up for such a feature and not having it work is bad and wrong on the part of Ford. Careless attitude I must say.

Anurag.
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:41   #7947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Quote:
What is Ford saying and what are they upto? Are they entertaining the complaint or just passing the time by saying some excuse?

Sorry to ask but why would anyone want to do that? Why two IRVM's are needed?

After paying up for such a feature and not having it work is bad and wrong on the part of Ford. Careless attitude I must say.

Anurag.
Well now that the the Ford have said the Product is working as expected and no possibility of refund I don't see a better possibility. Well i was just suggesting a solution for the problem that has already occurred. That said if a product is not working then best would be asking for a refund .
PrideRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:41   #7948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Product is working as expected
Product is not working as expected... by you!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:12   #7949
BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.

After spending nearly a month coordinating with the helpline the last reply I got was ( and I quote) "that the product was working as designed as there isn't any auto dimming feature. There is a black coating on the mirror which helps in reducing the glare. We encourage you to have confidence in the accessory and drive with confidence".
Stupidest I must say.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:00   #7950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
My experience with MRF was not that great. I had a Ford fiesta with MRF tyres and it got completely wornt out after 35k kms. I changed to another set of MRF tyres and did alignment and balancing religiously every 5k but the tyres after 20k is in near replacement state
gpriyesh is offline   Reply With Quote