Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 9th September 2014, 15:54   #8011
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Completed the 30k Service at 28k and the Bill was 6564. Service was done at Metro ford hesarghatta branch.
Repairs carried out: Engine oil replacement, fuel filter replacement, Wheel alignment, balancing and tyre rotation.
Have you noticed the sublet operations item in the bill? I raised an issue with Ford and Metro ford replied that they have split the vehicle wash from the service fees. Apparently, they have outsourced the water wash to another dealer and its optional. Well, this 'option' is not given when you give the vehicle for service. Strange, I feel. Anyone else with this explanation from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
A small query
In my 30K service,Rs 3397 was charged under the heading, "filter assy fuel".Any difference between just oil filter and this?
Because the cost difference is significant
I have a 1.4 TDCI Fiesta. They have never changed the assembly. The cost is around Rs 1700. For the 60k Service, the glow plug was changed.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 16:04   #8012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Have you noticed the sublet operations item in the bill? I raised an issue with Ford and Metro ford replied that they have split the vehicle wash from the service fees. Apparently, they have outsourced the water wash to another dealer and its optional. Well, this 'option' is not given when you give the vehicle for service. Strange, I feel. Anyone else with this explanation from them?
The hesarghatta branch is well equipped and washing is carried out there only, so no sublet charges I believe. One good thing here is that the service adviser never pushes any thing on me and instead asks me what to do.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 16:09   #8013
BHPian

Quote:
The hesarghatta branch is well equipped and washing is carried out there only, so no sublet charges I believe. One good thing here is that the service adviser never pushes any thing on me and instead asks me what to do.
Sunil, check #11 in the bill. There is a Rs. 350 charged for sublet operations.
The explanation they gave was, some customers do not want the was to be done as part of the service, hence they have split the cost here.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 16:58   #8014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Sunil, check #11 in the bill. There is a Rs. 350 charged for sublet operations.
The explanation they gave was, some customers do not want the was to be done as part of the service, hence they have split the cost here.
According to my SA the happy pocket service which has been introduced off late includes #4 and #11, but ford bills them under separate items.
He was not clear when I asked if only 350 service can be opted. May be we have to dig into this.
I feel the service charges are acceptable but the Wheel balancing charge seem to be on the higher side at 560 + taxes.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 9th September 2014 at 17:11.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 17:03   #8015
BHPian

Quote:
According to my SA the happy pocket service which has been introduced off late includes #4 and #11, but ford bills them under separate items.
He was not clear when I asked if only 350 service can be opted. May be we have to dig into this.
Shoot a mail to Ford customer service. They are pretty responsive. You will ultimately get a call from the higher ups from metro ford.
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 17:50   #8016
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1k to replace it with a new felt and clips for one wheel arch. This is noticeable for the rear wheel arch as the area is more.
Hey Naveen, you got eyes man !

I noticed the same when I got mine in the first lot. I went to the showroom to see if every Ecosport had it like that, as the arches in the front are plasticy and don't absorb any water. I thought they missed out the plastic in the assembly line, hurrying up the production numbers. It looks like more of a defect, as if there was some plastic above the carpet like material held by clips which they didn't assemble, as the clips are normally not visible in other cars. Any precaution for those who have not come across this problem?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 19:28   #8017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hey Naveen, you got eyes man !

I noticed the same when I got mine in the first lot. I went to the showroom to see if every Ecosport had it like that, as the arches in the front are plasticy and don't absorb any water. I thought they missed out the plastic in the assembly line, hurrying up the production numbers. It looks like more of a defect, as if there was some plastic above the carpet like material held by clips which they didn't assemble, as the clips are normally not visible in other cars. Any precaution for those who have not come across this problem?
I dont think they missed the plastic bit. It's only felt covering afaik. This is to reduce the noise and give better insulation. But guess they missed out on the clip number and quality.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 19:41   #8018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
I dont think they missed the plastic bit. It's only felt covering afaik. This is to reduce the noise and give better insulation. But guess they missed out on the clip number and quality.
They surely missed out on quality, as someone else mentioned on this forum earlier ,I too wouldn't have minded paying 1 lakh more for a model with the quality ford offers on their cars sold outside India .

Just wonder how they ignored these issues that might have popped up on their test vehicles which for sure would have exposed issues like this .
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 14:59   #8019

Hi Guys,
Finally, i got Ecosport 2 weeks back. Had been waiting for this car since it was shown at the auto expo. Followed each and every move from Ford on the launch and even got to see the test cars at a dealer before the launch.

Had driven Fusion for 7.5 years so that has made me a Ford fan
It's a Titanium TDCi with most of the accessories fitted, reverse camera and 3M body care, coating, etc. Excellent drive and as usual very good handling and maneuvering.

Since this is my first diesel car, it took little time to get used to the less power in lower RPM. I have to use 1st where a similar Petrol would do in 2nd.

First tank full has given 13 kmpl - is that fine?

Rest, will keep posting...
ryadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 15:24   #8020
Senior - BHPian

For info, I've booked my 10k/1 year service at Lathangi Ford tomorrow, having completed 1 year of ownership, but only 7.5k on the odo.

Fortunately, there are no issues to report. Funnily enough, some of the squeaks I used to hear from the door pads have gone away. Maybe the squeaking parts have worn themselves out after some time. Or maybe I'm just going deaf.

Apart from the regular service, I'll be looking at the following:
  1. Check if there's any ECU/firmware upgrade available for the EcoBoost engine
  2. Inspect the wheel well linings as pointed out in the preceding few posts
  3. Ask them to fit the Nightbreakers I've bought
  4. Pick up 0.5 or 1 L of engine oil, for peace of mind on longer trips
  5. Pick up 1-2 wheel nuts, since one of the existing nuts were deformed upon removal, as described in this post:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
    This is being reported by many ecosport owners. The SA even said the same thing. Here's one pic, courtesy - TAI
For a break from the monotony of work, I've decided not to drop off my car for servicing, but actually stay there the entire time, keep poking around and generally make a nuisance of myself. I was thinking: since these scheduled visits are only once a year, I can take that time off!
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 17:43   #8021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
Hi Guys,
Finally, i got Ecosport 2 weeks back. Had been waiting for this car since it was shown at the auto expo. Followed each and every move from Ford on the launch and even got to see the test cars at a dealer before the launch.

Had driven Fusion for 7.5 years so that has made me a Ford fan
It's a Titanium TDCi with most of the accessories fitted, reverse camera and 3M body care, coating, etc. Excellent drive and as usual very good handling and maneuvering.

Since this is my first diesel car, it took little time to get used to the less power in lower RPM. I have to use 1st where a similar Petrol would do in 2nd.

First tank full has given 13 kmpl - is that fine?

Rest, will keep posting...
Hey congrats on your new car. Happy miles ahead. The mileage is low for diesel but it will pick up after the break in period.
Also i read that you have fitted the reverse camera, is it with the IRVM display or the one with a separate screen as a display. If with IRVM can you please check whether the mirror dims at night or not to absorb the glare from cars behind you.
Thanks
sidenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 17:49   #8022

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Hey congrats on your new car. Happy miles ahead. The mileage is low for diesel but it will pick up after the break in period.
Also i read that you have fitted the reverse camera, is it with the IRVM display or the one with a separate screen as a display. If with IRVM can you please check whether the mirror dims at night or not to absorb the glare from cars behind you.
Thanks
Hi,
It is within the IVRM. Actually, this is exactly the same as comes in Verna.
But the quality is not that good if i compare with Verna.
The IVRM dims in night and the glare are not irritiating at all. However, the camera in darkness is not good, it shows the same darkness in the display.
ryadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 18:54   #8023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
Hi,
It is within the IVRM. Actually, this is exactly the same as comes in Verna.
But the quality is not that good if i compare with Verna.
The IVRM dims in night and the glare are not irritiating at all. However, the camera in darkness is not good, it shows the same darkness in the display.
Thanks for the reply. can you send a photo of the glare you are getting if possible.
I am getting a horrible glare at night. i want to show the photo to ford service centre here so that i make a convincing case for them to replace my IRVM.
Thanks.
sidenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 19:16   #8024
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly seeing adverts of EcoSport on TV! What are the waiting periods these days?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 19:26   #8025
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Suddenly seeing adverts of EcoSport on TV! What are the waiting periods these days?
It's available readily at most dealerships for diesel and ecoboost. The 1.5 P takes 1 month and 1.5 AT 3 months. So I believe it's high time to start advertising.
ToyotaFan is offline   Reply With Quote