Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 10th September 2014, 21:20   #8026

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Arun,

Did they do ECU/firmware upgrade and sync update at Lathangi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
For info, I've booked my 10k/1 year service at Lathangi Ford tomorrow, having completed 1 year of ownership, but only 7.5k on the odo.
===========
I was thinking: since these scheduled visits are only once a year, I can take that time off!
luckyakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 22:06   #8027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
Hi Akash, my service is scheduled for tomorrow (11-Sep), so I'll let you know if they actually perform the ECU upgrade.

Unlikely they'll need to do a Sync update, since there are no updates offered from Ford last time I checked their website.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 22:06   #8028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Suddenly seeing adverts of EcoSport on TV! What are the waiting periods these days?
Initially when I enquired about silver Ecoboost Petrol, they were trying to sell me a white in stock and told me anything booked will take 3 months. So, told them I would rather get a duster immediately, and I was driving a Silver Ecoboost Petrol in exactly one week from the original visit to the dealer.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 22:29   #8029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
It's available readily at most dealerships for diesel and ecoboost. The 1.5 P takes 1 month and 1.5 AT 3 months. So I believe it's high time to start advertising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Initially when I enquired about silver Ecoboost Petrol, they were trying to sell me a white in stock and told me anything booked will take 3 months. So, told them I would rather get a duster immediately, and I was driving a Silver Ecoboost Petrol in exactly one week from the original visit to the dealer.
So it seems the honeymoon is finally over. New deals(freebies, discounts) may also be just around the corner (festive season)! Good thing for prospective buyers!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 22:56   #8030
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoBeast View Post
I have created this thread to share my remapping experience and other modification that I have done in my Ecosport, with fellow BHPians.
So, Similar to What Ecobeast has done I went ahead and bought the Head Lamps, also from Taiwan and went a step ahead and installed P8 HID Kit 4300K for the low beam (on the Projector) and Osram Cool Blue Intense (4200K) for both High beam (Reflector) and Fog Lamps. - loving the lights so far. I must add that the new Lamps with the black painting makes the Ecosport look even better without the DRLs turned on. (than when fitted with Stock Head Lamps)

A BIG THANKS to Ecobeast for all his help and advise in helping me choose the right options and clearing most of my doubts regarding these lamps. Also Grateful to Threads by Ecosport Rules on his mods, and multiple Lighting related threads in Team BHP - all very informative about light choices.

Was able to take only a couple of pics before my phone died. Will take more pics in a couple of days and post details of the Modifications done.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-photo-5.jpg  

Last edited by bharathan : 10th September 2014 at 22:57.
bharathan is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 07:32   #8031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Airbag compatible seat covers are available from a lot of car makers. One can be cynical about whether they are tested properly, but then, you can be cynical about almost anything, including the airbags themselves.

This seat covers they are selling looks like a genuine accessory, and has a part no. I called the dealer and checked. After trying to sell me third party covers, when I insisted that he look in the inventory for the particular part no, they confirmed that it exists, at 7100 per set plus 800 for fitting. Am going to check it out, and buy only if the airbag compatible tag is present on it.

Available from a lot of manufacturers or from the dealers ? If you call Ford and ask them I'm pretty sure they will not advise that it is an official accessory. It would be dealer sourced option like I stated earlier. There's a difference between a manufacturer endorsed/provided option and a dealer provided option.

End of the day the choice on individual safety is up to each owner. As a social responsibility, I'm calling out the safety aspects to those who might not be aware of the risks. If after knowing the risks someone still wants to go ahead it's their choice. Cheers.

Last edited by autoenthusiast : 11th September 2014 at 07:34.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 08:00   #8032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Available from a lot of manufacturers or from the dealers ? If you call Ford and ask them I'm pretty sure they will not advise that it is an official accessory. It would be dealer sourced option like I stated earlier. There's a difference between a manufacturer endorsed/provided option and a dealer provided option.

End of the day the choice on individual safety is up to each owner. As a social responsibility, I'm calling out the safety aspects to those who might not be aware of the risks. If after knowing the risks someone still wants to go ahead it's their choice. Cheers.
Why don't you call them and put your doubt to rest? It is an official ford accessory, complete with a part number, and has an airbag tag on it.

Last edited by blacksport : 11th September 2014 at 08:02.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 08:55   #8033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Why don't you call them and put your doubt to rest? It is an official ford accessory, complete with a part number, and has an airbag tag on it.
I'm not gonna call them cos I don't ever intend to use them. If you are convinced and happy with your usage of the covers then it's perfectly fine and like I stated earlier it is your choice. :-)

Cheers, drive safe.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 10:33   #8034
BHPian

Arrow Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
So, Similar to What Ecobeast has done I went ahead and bought the Head Lamps, also from Taiwan and went a step ahead and installed P8 HID Kit 4300K for the low beam (on the Projector) and Osram Cool Blue Intense (4200K) for both High beam (Reflector) and Fog Lamps. - loving the lights so far. I must add that the new Lamps with the black painting makes the Ecosport look even better without the DRLs turned on. (than when fitted with Stock Head Lamps)
Hey, looks great on a white Ecosport. You bought the HID kit separately or did they come with the headlamp assembly? If not, where did you buy the HIDs from? Did you get the headlamps converted for RHS drive? Can you share the cost break up for both the headlamps and HID kit?
the13thtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 10:45   #8035
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Looks very nice. Does it affect your warranty in any manner? I've always been a bit wary of going in for after market upgrades for this reason.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 14:34   #8036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
I'm not gonna call them cos I don't ever intend to use them.
That is fine. All am saying is make the inquiries before debunking.
blacksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2014, 21:46   #8037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Looks very nice. Does it affect your warranty in any manner? I've always been a bit wary of going in for after market upgrades for this reason.
No. I watched the wiring pretty carefully. All they did was install all the bulbs in the new Headlamp and fitted it to the same socket of the old lamps. They used the motor from the stock lamps for fitting it to the motor on the Low Beam Projector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hey, looks great on a white EcoSport. You bought the HID kit separately or did they come with the headlamp assembly? If not, where did you buy the HIDs from? Did you get the headlamps converted for RHS drive? Can you share the cost break up for both the headlamps and HID kit?
HIDs were seperate. The Lamp came with the tubes, a Projector for Low Beam (H7) and a Reflector for High Beam (H1). P8 cost me 9.8K and came with warranty. The lamps were 26K including shipping. Osram Bulbs in the range of 1-3K. About the RHS Drive, the dealer told me that they come from Taiwan adjusted for Indian Driving conditions. I see a very flat line on a wall, with a slight increase on the left which I'm assuming is RHS Driving specs right? Honestly IMO, this lamp would be ok for both sides of the Road.

One more thing, The LED Tubes are not powerful enough during bright sunshine lit day time like the ones you see in Audi/BMW. There will be visibility, but not too much. The size of the Headlamps, also one of the reasons for it to not easily visible.

I have just now added a Fog Lamp DRL which is connected to Ignition and much more powerful than the Head Lamp ones. It also goes a little dim on switching on the Park Lamps - and matches the Head Lamp Tube (which also lights up only on switching the Park Lamps on). Again there were no Tampering of stock wires. Just an External Wire connection through the Head Lamp Socket. Pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by bharathan : 11th September 2014 at 21:48.
bharathan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 04:26   #8038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For info, I've booked my 10k/1 year service at Lathangi Ford tomorrow, having completed 1 year of ownership, but only 7.5k on the odo.
I've completed my second service for my EcoBoost at Lathangi Ford. Excellent service experience, and costs are as below (including 14.5% VAT):
  • Engine oil change: Rs. 2,659
  • Consumables for cleaning: Rs. 168 (wash fluid + rust spray)
  • Cost of 2nd service: Rs. 2,827 (i.e. total of above 2 bullet points)
  • Additional stuff I requested: Rs. 896 (air filter, 1 wheel nut)

More details are posted on my ownership thread, click the '>' on the quote below to read that:
Quote:
I finished my second service...
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
ECU update - I checked but they didn't have knowledge of any update.
Sync update - they perform this if asked, but I'd updated my Sync already on my own.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 10:17   #8039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. I watched the wiring pretty carefully. All they did was install all the bulbs in the new Headlamp and fitted it to the same socket of the old lamps. They used the motor from the stock lamps for fitting it to the motor on the Low Beam Projector.
Thanks very much for the info.
Sorry but I have one or 2 more doubts on this score.
Will your service centre note the difference and rake it up when you take it for service?
Also if you have some kind of electrical trouble (Lord forbid) will these fitments have a bearing on the warranty claim?
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 10:40   #8040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks very much for the info.
Sorry but I have one or 2 more doubts on this score.
Will your service centre note the difference and rake it up when you take it for service?
Also if you have some kind of electrical trouble (Lord forbid) will these fitments have a bearing on the warranty claim?
Service center will not have an issue, unless the goal of the Service Manager is to void warranties. If someone has some electrical trouble to this kind of fitment, all they need to do is to revert back to the stock fittings, and the car is like it came from the factory.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote