Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 26th February 2015, 13:28   #8626
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Here's what happened today. Received a call from a local Hyundai dealership.

Him: Is this Mr Naveen, Can you please spare 5 minutes with me for a short survey.
Me: Nil. No other alternatives. Went with the ecosport.

He went ahead with few more questions and was trying hard to convince me to dislike ford or wait for the Hyundai compact suv. He repeatedly asked whether I would sell the car in 2-3 years since its already more than a year old.

Finally asked him why this survey was conducted and that too by another manufacturer. Said Hyundai is bringing an ecosport rival so wanted to see if there are any ecosport customers who are planning to switch over or looking for an alternative.

What a strange marketing strategy? Are they so desperate?
What is also worrying is that, most likely, some staff member of the local Ford dealership, has SOLD customer data to a competitor, for maybe some cash or kind.
Is it too much to expect sellers/service providers, in this country, to have appropriate business controls to protect customer data?
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 13:40   #8627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
What is also worrying is that, most likely, some staff member of the local Ford dealership, has SOLD customer data to a competitor, for maybe some cash or kind.
Is it too much to expect sellers/service providers, in this country, to have appropriate business controls to protect customer data?
Or someone from the Ford dealership would have switched jobs
glenmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 14:15   #8628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Or someone from the Ford dealership would have switched jobs
Yes. Either way, it suggests that Ford, and it's agents/dealers, don't have the appropriate controls in place, to protect the confidentiality of customer data.

I hope FORD takes up this issue at a corporate level.
roy_libran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 17:25   #8629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I tried that and it's not Applink. It's SYNC applications which are not available in India.
According to Ford India online customer support, if the Menu shows 'Mobile Apps' under 'Sync Applications' then AppLink is supported. I was directed to the following Sync Support web page:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-support.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 19:32   #8630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's what happened today. Received a call from a local Hyundai dealership.
What a strange marketing strategy? Are they so desperate?
Yes rather unusual I would say. Did he mention any details of the SUV he was hinting at - price indication, features or stuff like that?
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 20:19   #8631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Yes rather unusual I would say. Did he mention any details of the SUV he was hinting at - price indication, features or stuff like that?
Nope. No details. Said there's one launch in couple of months (think he said June) and another one by end of 2015 or early 2016 (think that will be the ix25)
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 21:00   #8632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. No details. Said there's one launch in couple of months (think he said June) and another one by end of 2015 or early 2016 (think that will be the ix25)
Ok. Wonder what the June one is. The i20 crossover?
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 22:05   #8633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Yes. Either way, it suggests that Ford, and it's agents/dealers, don't have the appropriate controls in place, to protect the confidentiality of customer data.

I hope FORD takes up this issue at a corporate level.
Why are we excusing those insurance chaps? They should be the primary suspects.

By the way, constant out of town drives has started to give me 20.xx kmpl FE figures without much frugal driving.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 00:34   #8634
BHPian

Hi, could any of the owners here tell me whats the real world mileage of the petrol engines ? 1.5 and 1.0, Highway and City mileage please. trying to finalize on one. The T-Bhp review did not cover the 1.5, what would you guys suggest ?
anand.shankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 13:54   #8635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Hi, could any of the owners here tell me whats the real world mileage of the petrol engines ? 1.5 and 1.0, Highway and City mileage please. trying to finalize on one. The T-Bhp review did not cover the 1.5, what would you guys suggest ?
I have an 1.0l ecoboost, real world mileage that i am getting is around 13.5kmpl. My driving is 70:30 highway:city. Dont know much about 1.5l.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 14:43   #8636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
I have the 1.0 EcoBoost - city mileage in Bangalore is 12-13 km/L based on 100% AC use at either 22C or 24C, respectively. Highway mileage has been ~15-16 km/L with a heavy foot, and ~19 km/L with a gentle right foot.

There shouldn't really be much mileage comparison between the 1.5 and 1.0 petrols to pick one, in honesty. The 1.5 petrol will probably give slightly lower mileage than the EcoBoost, but is the cheapest powertrain in the EcoSport by far.

The EcoBoost - when driven correctly - can offer better mileage than the 1.5 petrol... but when you see the premium you pay for the EcoBoost engine (over the 1.5 petrol), you might wonder whether you pay a little more and go for the 1.5 diesel itself - which offers even better mileage and runs on a cheaper fuel.

The EcoBoost only comes into consideration if you're looking for the punchiest EcoSport engine, and running cost is not your primary consideration.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 20:50   #8637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I have the 1.0 EcoBoost - city mileage in Bangalore is 12-13 km/L based on 100% AC use at either 22C or 24C, respectively. Highway mileage has been ~15-16 km/L with a heavy foot, and ~19 km/L with a gentle right foot.

There shouldn't really be much mileage comparison between the 1.5 and 1.0 petrols to pick one, in honesty. The 1.5 petrol will probably give slightly lower mileage than the EcoBoost, but is the cheapest powertrain in the EcoSport by far.

The EcoBoost - when driven correctly - can offer better mileage than the 1.5 petrol... but when you see the premium you pay for the EcoBoost engine (over the 1.5 petrol), you might wonder whether you pay a little more and go for the 1.5 diesel itself - which offers even better mileage and runs on a cheaper fuel.

The EcoBoost only comes into consideration if you're looking for the punchiest EcoSport engine, and running cost is not your primary consideration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
I have an 1.0l ecoboost, real world mileage that i am getting is around 13.5kmpl. My driving is 70:30 highway:city. Dont know much about 1.5l.
Thanks Guys, that helps.

Also, if possible could you let me know the drivability of the 1.5P ? I saw the figures wondering how the performance would be. There isnt many good reviews for this version.

My issue is that the Diesel will be quite a stretch as I have a 2012 Liva. I cant really afford to spend a lot. But the trouble free Livas poor build is irritating me and pushing me to upgrade.
anand.shankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 19:31   #8638

Thanks Arun philip and Peter for your valuable inputs. I do not have any concrete information about the break downs so far, but heard something faint. Which of course might be completely irrelevant as they were third person account.
Well, on another note, if I need to re-do my boot space for my dog, as she sits there and looks out, what are practical options ?? As the boot carpet invites loads of her fur, and it eventually gives unkempt look.

So friends, thanks for every piece of information ! I shall share stories when am back after the weekend. Yet to upload photos of my EcoSport. Cheers !
manjuhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 22:43   #8639
BHPian

Landed at the local dealership for a test drive of the EcoSport petrol AT version. Not that I need it, but heck, I thought I will tempt myself, and my wife (especially her). Again, not surprisingly, there was no Petrol AT test drive vehicle. Fine, I asked, can drive a 1.5 L petrol manual and the Fiesta AT back-to-back? Being the same gearbox, I felt it would be a good proxy. Nyet, and nyet again. They had neither.

Having made the effort, I did not want to go back empty handed, so I did a test drive of the EcoBoost. First impressions, almost inaudible in idle, and barely a whisper in sedate speeds. Then came the dug up roads (thanks to the ongoing metro works). And the suspension felt quite stiff, most of us were tossed around the cabin. Though there wasn't too much body roll, every small imperfection and pebble, made its way into the cabin. The craters....well less said the better. My regular drive is an old, 2006 Innova, and my wife's steed is the Ertiga, and though I did not expect it to come anywhere near a ladder-frame chassis' ability to pummel bad roads, I was expecting it to be better than the Ertiga.

That left me in a dilemma. Is this common to EcoSports? Or was the car I drove a particularly badly-maintained specimen? What am I missing? So many satisfied customers can't be wrong !!! I have just received an offer to drive the dealership's MD's personal Petrol AT, but would love to get some feedback on the suspension and ride before I take up on the offer.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 1st March 2015 at 22:45. Reason: Minor edits
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 07:20   #8640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Landed at the local dealership for a test drive of the EcoSport petrol AT version. Not that I need it, but heck, I thought I will tempt myself, and my wife (especially her). Again, not surprisingly, there was no Petrol AT test drive vehicle. Fine, I asked, can drive a 1.5 L petrol manual and the Fiesta AT back-to-back? Being the same gearbox, I felt it would be a good proxy. Nyet, and nyet again. They had neither.

Having made the effort, I did not want to go back empty handed, so I did a test drive of the EcoBoost. First impressions, almost inaudible in idle, and barely a whisper in sedate speeds. Then came the dug up roads (thanks to the ongoing metro works). And the suspension felt quite stiff, most of us were tossed around the cabin. Though there wasn't too much body roll, every small imperfection and pebble, made its way into the cabin. The craters....well less said the better. My regular drive is an old, 2006 Innova, and my wife's steed is the Ertiga, and though I did not expect it to come anywhere near a ladder-frame chassis' ability to pummel bad roads, I was expecting it to be better than the Ertiga.

That left me in a dilemma. Is this common to EcoSports? Or was the car I drove a particularly badly-maintained specimen? What am I missing? So many satisfied customers can't be wrong !!! I have just received an offer to drive the dealership's MD's personal Petrol AT, but would love to get some feedback on the suspension and ride before I take up on the offer.
I can give you the impressions from a layman user's point of view having been using it for the past 4 months.
Yes the ride is pretty harsh over rough roads and craters - no 2 ways about it. Coming from 3 successive Honda Citys it took some getting used to. You just can't compare the ride to an Innova - the battle is over even before it starts.
That said though, one does learn to drive it in a manner that the harshness is reduced when going over such patches.
For me the advantages greatly outweigh the cons but then of course each one has different priorities.
I am putting the page link of my original post with my impressions. Hope it helps.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3577845 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote