Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2015, 14:20   #8896
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I have decided to go for Hella DynaEdge based on the inputs from arunphilip.
He gave me a detailed message on what to select, and he himself is a DynaEdge user, and I think it should work well on mine. Availability is a bit of a concern.

Do you know any place in Cochin where I can get Hella DynaEdge Wipers.
You could try those accessories shops at Palarivattom, else why don't you buy them online?
This seems a good bet -
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hella-Dynaedg...-/121530798354
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 14:43   #8897
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,542
Thanked: 2,532 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Looks great Naveen, can you let me know of the price of these ?
Headlights - 28k
HIDs (Osram Xenarc) - 10k
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 15:45   #8898
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
You could try those accessories shops at Palarivattom, else why don't you buy them online?
This seems a good bet -
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Hella-Dynaedg...-/121530798354
Thats super expensive Wilful. They are for 550 each on Automotive Soul website.
Let me try the ones at Palarivattom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Headlights - 28k
HIDs (Osram Xenarc) - 10k
Thanks. Not in my budget :( But I am sure they would look good on the Ecosport.
All the best. Will wait for the pics with them installed on your car.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 15:50   #8899
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Thats super expensive Wilful. They are for 550 each on Automotive Soul website.
Let me try the ones at Palarivattom.
I just checked that website - but it says that the 16' ones are not in stock. Wonder if that price - 510/- is an outdated one.
Yes - Palarivattom is the place to scout around.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 16:05   #8900
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I just checked that website - but it says that the 16' ones are not in stock. Wonder if that price - 510/- is an outdated one.
Yes - Palarivattom is the place to scout around.
Myself and arunphilip are looking for the same. His current Wipers were from the same site.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 19:13   #8901
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 140
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Why would you want it?
As a safety feature to warn nearby motorists & pedestrians about the open door(s).
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 19:23   #8902
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 380
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I wonder (and I am sure it has been discussed many times before) if Ford has any plans to offer the Ecoboost with the AT?

Considering that they are planning to launch the new Figo and Figo Asipre with an Ecoboost engine and (not in the same trim, of course), AT as well, I presume the supply constraints around both have eased up since the manic days of Ecosport launch. IX25 is snapping at their heels, threatening to run away with the market, and S Cross is also round the corner, surely they need to do something to hold off competition....... I wish Ford has the gumption to launch a broad offensive with a facelift and new models (like the Ecoboost AT) before the competition starts their onslaught, and not react. Reacting is never a great strategy. You own the market, you should set the pace.
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 19:39   #8903
Senior - BHPian
 
rajeev k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Emerging Metro
Posts: 3,279
Thanked: 1,654 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
As a safety feature to warn nearby motorists & pedestrians about the open door(s).
Automatically switching on the hazard warning while opening a door, is not a logical safety feature. I have seen this function in TATA Indicas and Hyundai Santros, which I feel are after market systems.

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th May 2015 at 19:40.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 21:21   #8904
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,983
Thanked: 5,018 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
As a safety feature to warn nearby motorists & pedestrians about the open door(s).

OK, I thought it might be something like that, but I don't think it works out.

--- It is not giving any prior warning that a door is going to be opened.

--- It is the responsibility of people opening car doors to make sure it is safe to do so (although an obvious defensive-driving strategy is not to drive that close to stopped vehicles)

--- None of those lights illuminate any of the open doors, thus, in the dark, an approaching driver will be alerted to the presence of the vehicle, but not the fact that a door is open.

The cynic in me suggests that such a facility would lead to people taking less care about opening the doors.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 17:51   #8905
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Myself and arunphilip are looking for the same. His current Wipers were from the same site.
Hella has a new range of Wipers by name CURVO, and is an improvement over the existing DynaEdge. With our fellow bhp-ian arunphilips assistance and guidance, i have booked my 16" and 22" shall update as soon as I get them and get them fixed on my ECosport
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 19:00   #8906
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,814 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Hella has a new range of Wipers by name CURVO, and is an improvement over the existing DynaEdge. With our fellow bhp-ian arunphilips assistance and guidance, i have booked my 16" and 22" shall update as soon as I get them and get them fixed on my ECosport
Funnily, Automotive Soul has the Curvo only in 16" and 24" sizes now. So I've ordered a 16" Curvo (passenger side), 22" DynaEdge (driver side), and am going to try out a 12" for the rear wiper (not even sure if it'll fit!).

As far as I could see from the marketing material on Hella's site, the Curvo and DynaEdge look pretty similar, so running one of each at the front shouldn't look awkward!
arunphilip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 19:43   #8907
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Funnily, Automotive Soul has the Curvo only in 16" and 24" sizes now. So I've ordered a 16" Curvo (passenger side), 22" DynaEdge (driver side), and am going to try out a 12" for the rear wiper (not even sure if it'll fit!).

As far as I could see from the marketing material on Hella's site, the Curvo and DynaEdge look pretty similar, so running one of each at the front shouldn't look awkward!
Tell me - I'm curious - do you folks change your wipers once a year before the monsoon or at shorter intervals? My car is parked outside my office in the hot sun every day and the rubber gets rather brittle in a few months.
Would love to try those Hellas but at 2 k a pair (ebay price) I'll have to stick to cheaper ones or spend 4k a year.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 19:53   #8908
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,814 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Tell me - I'm curious - do you folks change your wipers once a year before the monsoon or at shorter intervals? My car is parked outside my office in the hot sun every day and the rubber gets rather brittle in a few months.
I don't change more frequently than once a year, and often its more like 18 months or so - but yes, its either before the June monsoons, or the October one. I have covered parking in the day, plus I ensure that I always clean the wiper with a micro-fiber cloth after cleaning the windscreen, so there's no dirt/grit to harm the windscreen and blade.

If your parking circumstances are making you run through wiper blades at a higher rate, then you might want to stick to the far cheaper framed blades, rather than these pricier frameless ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Would love to try those Hellas but at 2 k a pair (ebay price) I'll have to stick to cheaper ones or spend 4k a year.
... but the prices on Ebay are ridiculous. Check Automotive Soul - a pair of DynaEdges should set you back only 1k, and a pair of framed ones come in at less than 400.

PS - no affiliation with Automotive Soul, just a satisfied customer.
PPS - check this PDF from Hella, and see if you're actually experiencing those problems with your brittle blades.

Last edited by arunphilip : 14th May 2015 at 20:23.
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 20:21   #8909
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I don't change more frequently than once a year, and often its more like 18 months or so - but yes, its either before the June monsoons, or the October one. I have covered parking in the day, plus I ensure that I always clean the wiper with a micro-fiber cloth after cleaning the windscreen, so there's no dirt/grit to harm the windscreen and blade.

If your parking circumstances are making you run through wipers blade at a higher rate, then you might want to stick to the far cheaper framed blades, rather than these pricier frameless ones...


... but the prices on Ebay are ridiculous. Check Automotive Soul - a pair of DynaEdges should set you back only 1k, and a pair of framed ones come in at less than 400.

PS - no affiliation with Automotive Soul, just a satisfied customer.
PPS - check this PDF from Hella, and see if you're actually experiencing those problems with your brittle blades.
I think my next change will be a set of Dyna Edges then. Hopefully they will last me a year with some care.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 13:30   #8910
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 381
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Funnily, Automotive Soul has the Curvo only in 16" and 24" sizes now. So I've ordered a 16" Curvo (passenger side), 22" DynaEdge (driver side)
Yes, thanks for the correction. I have also bought the same configuration. 22" DynaEdge and 16" Curvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
and am going to try out a 12" for the rear wiper (not even sure if it'll fit!).
Have you bought that already. Curious to know how it will look and above all how it performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Tell me - I'm curious - do you folks change your wipers once a year before the monsoon or at shorter intervals? My car is parked outside my office in the hot sun every day and the rubber gets rather brittle in a few months.
Would love to try those Hellas but at 2 k a pair (ebay price) I'll have to stick to cheaper ones or spend 4k a year.
I too face the same issue. I remember one of the service guys itself telling me about the poor quality of stock vipers provided by Ford. They asked me to change this every 6 months. I handled it for an year and about 5 months now. And with the summer rains here, I am now struggling. Need a change soon. All 3 Wipers have reached their last stage. But on the rear one I will wait for arunphilips update.

And what I understand is the Wipers are only for an year. I am looking at changing every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I think my next change will be a set of Dyna Edges then. Hopefully they will last me a year with some care.
You may not have DynaEdge on your next change. you will have CURVOs, which is an upgrade of the DynaEdge.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks