Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:23   #8926
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Today morning when I started the car it's displaying "brake malfunction stop the car safely" message along with abs,airbag and steering warning lamps glowing. Anyone faced such issues?
The steering has become hard I have called the roadside assistance and they said they will tow it to the service center. I had not used the car from last weekend.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:49   #8927
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,764
Thanked: 16,897 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Today morning when I started the car it's displaying "brake malfunction stop the car safely" message along with abs,airbag and steering warning lamps glowing. Anyone faced such issues?
The steering has become hard I have called the roadside assistance and they said they will tow it to the service center. I had not used the car from last weekend.
Standard dump of errors when the battery is on it's way out. Did you have anything connected to any of the 12V DC ports through the whole week?
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:09   #8928
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Standard dump of errors when the battery is on it's way out. Did you have anything connected to any of the 12V DC ports through the whole week?
Nothing was connected. Car still starts on the first crank. Even if I ignore the errors not able to make out why the steering is hard.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:44   #8929
BHPian
 
ssingri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

I would suspect that rats got your wiring, as it was parked for a while.
ssingri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2015, 17:43   #8930
BHPian
 
sunilg33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: bangalore
Posts: 232
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
I would suspect that rats got your wiring, as it was parked for a while.
+1 to you. The rats did it. The service center guys fixed it after taking quite some time. They told that if the rats had bit more of the wiring they would have had to replace the entire wiring harness which costs around 28000.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 06:52   #8931
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
+1 to you. The rats did it. The service center guys fixed it after taking quite some time. They told that if the rats had bit more of the wiring they would have had to replace the entire wiring harness which costs around 28000.
Good God! I never realised that rats could inflict so much damage (esp on non edible stuff). Your post made me check on rat repellents for cars and I see that there are ultrasound devices or sprays for such use.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 10:16   #8932
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 141
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

I have not been able to use the washer for the windscreen. Every time i fumble with it i end up using the rear washer or the front wiper without a washer.
The user manual has not been of much help.
nik hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 10:31   #8933
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 221
Thanked: 415 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I have not been able to use the washer for the windscreen. Every time i fumble with it i end up using the rear washer or the front wiper without a washer.
The user manual has not been of much help.
Press and hold the wiper stalk on right towards steering column for few secs to operate windscreen washer. (Just like you change mid mode in left lights stalk) Pull the wiper stalk towards you and hold for operating the rear washer. After you release the stalk, washer will stop followed by few sweeps of wiper to clear the screen.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 24th May 2015 at 10:32.
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 12:20   #8934
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,605
Thanked: 681 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Some of the press gaga over the Ecosport at the time of it's launch says it has a 'variable compressor' : https://goo.gl/w9YyPe

What does this actually mean?

For a while i had this query, because i don't sense the compressor kicking in/out like in the Classic/figo.

....

Additional fact it that it there is a delay between switching on the AC and the compressor starting, which is good for those who don't switch off their air-conditioning along with the engine.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 15:12   #8935
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,985
Thanked: 5,020 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Good God! I never realised that rats could inflict so much damage (esp on non edible stuff). Your post made me check on rat repellents for cars and I see that there are ultrasound devices or sprays for such use.
It seems that wire insulation is edible to rats. Not only that, but they love it.

Just as I feel that manufacturers should, by now, have come up with an answer to the problem of bird-crap damage to paintwork, really, they ought to have done something about this. There are cable-gnawing rats in many, if not all, countries.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 16:18   #8936
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 363
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Some of the press gaga over the Ecosport at the time of it's launch says it has a 'variable compressor' : https://goo.gl/w9YyPe

What does this actually mean?

For a while i had this query, because i don't sense the compressor kicking in/out like in the Classic/figo.

....

Additional fact it that it there is a delay between switching on the AC and the compressor starting, which is good for those who don't switch off their air-conditioning along with the engine.

The variable compressor is just another level in compressor advancement and is among the other various types of compressors fitted in today's cars. This one basically has a mechanism to control the amount of power the compressor draws from the car at specific times hence enhancing the car and Ac efficiency. It should not be a cause for concern for the owner as, if one had to explain the various types of compressors in each car, each type of compressor would need at least a couple of pages to briefly explain the technology behind each type.

As for hearing the compressor's 'clicking' sound, some compressors have relatively silent clutch mechanisms where you would not be able to hear the engaging and disengaging of the same.

As for the delay in engaging the clutch, there are various behaviour patterns defined in the ECU software which among other things, controls the Ac compressor clutch too. These determinations are either safety, performance, efficiency or other factor related. The ECU delays the clutch engagement on engine startup to avoid load on engine and battery. Also it cuts of the compressor in situations like sudden increase in engine rpm, engine load or also in engine overheating situations. Keeping this in mind, it is a good practice to immediately check your engine temperature status if your Ac suddenly stops working while running as it may indicate an overheating engine. This could help avoid you getting your engine head-gasket blown.

Last edited by pixantz : 24th May 2015 at 16:20.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 18:15   #8937
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 141
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

Can somebody share the experience with respect to extended warranty on ford cars and advise if it is worth taking.
nik hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 07:43   #8938
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

How do you hang a blazer/suit in EcoSport (some of us have to wear that on occasions )?

I could not locate any hooks, and the lack of handles (above the doors) mean that I can't put a coat hanger.

Appreciate your comments.
indusboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 07:54   #8939
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
How do you hang a blazer/suit in EcoSport (some of us have to wear that on occasions )?

I could not locate any hooks, and the lack of handles (above the doors) mean that I can't put a coat hanger.

Appreciate your comments.
You could jack up the head rest on the front seat (either one) and slip a hanger around one of the rods (generic idea, not specifically for the Ecosport )😊.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Can somebody share the experience with respect to extended warranty on ford cars and advise if it is worth taking.
My Figo 2012 has run 55k. The A.C core has been changed once under warranty (at 30k service ). Labour and gas charges came to 2000.

I didn't pick up the 4th year warranty.
Core changed again now at 55k, came to 8950 including everything.

Many similar incidents with my friends ☺.

If you intend to use it for another couple of years please pick up the extended warranty.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th May 2015 at 08:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 15:13   #8940
BHPian
 
jojoinassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 99
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Just did the 50K service for my ecosport
The total bill came to Rs 3400 which i found reasonable

But I have come across a new problem.By 49000km, the engine oil level had come down drastically.They checked for leaks - found nil.Surprisingly the MID or the instrument cluster were not showing any warning(apart from a few instances where I thought I saw a red light while taking sharp turns)

Anyone with similar experience? What could have gone wrong?

They've filled new engine oil and asked me to report after 5000km or if any warning lights come
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks