Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 20:23   #9136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 140
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I want to buy an install a steel engine guard like the one made by @ecosport rules:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...d-india-6.html

The plastic one sold by the Ford ASS is too flimsy to be able to withstand a medium sized stone hit. Is there any shop/person that sells/makes these?

Thanks!
hemant.kamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 22:48   #9137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 33
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Had a chance to drive Ecosport diesel. Should say the clutch is one among the hardest I have ever driven. It was a 30K km old vehicle and pressing the clutch was so hard that I got muscle cramps after 10-20 km- literally (don't know whether the clutch is near the terminal days of its life). Liked the tall gearing ratios though. The dim as well as bright lights were grossly inadequate. Stock Wipers were doing none of their jobs ( again don't know whether they were changed during last monsoon) Power on tap was always adequate for the moderate traffic condition I had. The "sitting-on- elephant" feel of SUVs was lacking. Just my 2 cents.
shasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 06:13   #9138
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb View Post
thanks Vid6639 & Rajiv0909 - Mine is the Titanium model -

ordered 10 Philips Blue Vision 4000k w5w bulbs
also ordered Hella Curvo wipers (which i feel every ecosport owner needs) the stock wipers are just crap. for the front lights, the Xtreme Vision 130+ is also ordered and a ton of car detailing stuff hahaha
Pics of the Xtreme Vision 130+ - its beams. Make sure you get the positioning right. Bhpian Jude's link is also given there. Happy driving.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3700517 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 16:31   #9139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
It's a function of the variant you own, for ambiente 6 would suffice, trend it should be 7(pls check manual) and titanium should be 10

Even though the base is common for all bulbs, except for parking lights you may want to consider bulbs with side illumination




Would recommend that you procure materials on your own and have them installed from a workshop. Sorry I do not have pointers however as this is a common upgrade, any 3rd party shop should be able to carry this out

since you already have the guide you know what to expect/benchmark them against

Dent on the pocket : anywhere between 8 to 30K depending on the quality and source of procurement. See below link to morimotos India fb page that should provide a sense of the upper end of price range (mine are mini d2s square).

https://www.facebook.com/morimotoind...862811377612:0
Hi,

What benefit is there to change these bulbs (10 for titanium+)? And from to buy them from?

Also, where to buy Hella Curvo and which model?
Thanks.

Thanks.
pc1686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 14:53   #9140
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb View Post
thanks Vid6639 & Rajiv0909 - Mine is the Titanium model -

ordered 10 Philips Blue Vision 4000k w5w bulbs
also ordered Hella Curvo wipers (which i feel every ecosport owner needs) the stock wipers are just crap. for the front lights, the Xtreme Vision 130+ is also ordered and a ton of car detailing stuff hahaha
Can you tell me from where did you order these?
Thanks
sidenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 16:12   #9141
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I think the Creta Effect (and maybe the S Cross Effect) is surfacing. Just got an sms and I quote -
"Ford Ecosport AT is now available. Visit Kairali Ford Cheranellore Showroom. For more details Call: ... (don't know if I should put the cell no shown in the sms)."
And to think I had to run behind them (the dealers) for months to get them to accept my booking for the AT version.
Good for the customer methinks. Let there be more CUV launches.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 16:45   #9142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

My brother in law has a 2013 Ecosport titanium. He is very happy with it in general. Somehow his kids managed to break the USB slot and he is now unable to listen to his music.
When he went to the Ford showroom, they had a long hard look at it and said they don't have a provision to change that alone, but he can change the whole music player for the sum of 18k. When he was like 😰 , they said off the record that there are some places in Coimbatore which can be of help.
Can anyone recommend a good place?
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 19:50   #9143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 140
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
My brother in law has a 2013 Ecosport titanium. He is very happy with it in general. Somehow his kids managed to break the USB slot and he is now unable to listen to his music.
When he went to the Ford showroom, they had a long hard look at it and said they don't have a provision to change that alone, but he can change the whole music player for the sum of 18k. When he was like �� , they said off the record that there are some places in Coimbatore which can be of help.
Can anyone recommend a good place?
It may just be a USB female to male cable that runs to the main audio control unit located behind the LCD display. Some cars have this dangling inside the glove box. Can you get the service center to open the panel to confirm?

Edit: Found a similar thread on a related website (hope mods allow this crosslink)
http://www.talkford.com/community/to...nt-usb-socket/

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 30th July 2015 at 19:55.
hemant.kamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 21:44   #9144
BHPian
 
raghav135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Have a doubt. Does Ecosport AT has EBD? Ford sales person told that EBD comes with ABS, but it is not mentioned in technical specifications in Ford website.
raghav135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 21:57   #9145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai/ Trichy
Posts: 316
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
It may just be a USB female to male cable that runs to the main audio control unit located behind the LCD display. Some cars have this dangling inside the glove box. Can you get the service center to open the panel to confirm?
Thanks for the reply! He tried with a local accessories shop here in trichy. They tried with another cable routed from behind the dashboard, but the strange thing was the drive simply wasn't read by the player.
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 22:46   #9146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 140
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
Have a doubt. Does Ecosport AT has EBD? Ford sales person told that EBD comes with ABS, but it is not mentioned in technical specifications in Ford website.
Yes, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution is one of the critical functions of ABS. You cannot have ABS without brakeforce regulation. Older cars that had ABS were equipped with a mechanical brake force regulator, but all recent vehicles have EBD built in.

Not sure why they omitted it in the brochure, but the Ford website http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosport/features/safety clearly mentions it:

ABS and EBD
When you have to stop quickly, you want to be sure you stop. Not slide.
ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution)
prevent the wheels locking in an emergency and give you a greater sense of
stability and control.

The AT has ESC (Electronic Stability Control) + EBA (Emergency Brake Assist) + TCS (Traction Control System) + HLA (Hill Launch Assistance) in addition to ABS & EBD.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 30th July 2015 at 23:11.
hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 00:20   #9147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 380
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I think the Creta Effect (and maybe the S Cross Effect) is surfacing. Just got an sms and I quote -
"Ford Ecosport AT is now available. Visit Kairali Ford Cheranellore Showroom. For more details Call: ... (don't know if I should put the cell no shown in the sms)."
And to think I had to run behind them (the dealers) for months to get them to accept my booking for the AT version.
Good for the customer methinks. Let there be more CUV launches.
Just bought an EcoSport AT. All dealers have been stocked with enough numbers of automatics and to end trims in both petrol and diesel. I was told that they are doing a decent number of conversions of disappointed Creta fans. Some (like me) who miss an AT trim with advanced safety features, others who need a petrol AT and others still, who cant digest the price and are now rediscovering the virtues of EcoSport.

I chose white, and was delivered it in just a few days...
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 01:04   #9148
AWD
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Drivers seat
Posts: 805
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just bought an EcoSport AT. All dealers have been stocked with enough numbers of automatics and to end trims in both petrol and diesel
Congrats. Eco-sport Automatic in Diesel launched ?
If yes, whats the price ?
I think I missed updates on this!
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 06:28   #9149
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just bought an EcoSport AT. All dealers have been stocked with enough numbers of automatics and to end trims in both petrol and diesel. I was told that they are doing a decent number of conversions of disappointed Creta fans. Some (like me) who miss an AT trim with advanced safety features, others who need a petrol AT and others still, who cant digest the price and are now rediscovering the virtues of EcoSport.

I chose white, and was delivered it in just a few days...
Congrats! You have chosen well my friend. It is indeed loaded with kit and I don't think you will be too disappointed. Of course there are some minuses like the very stiff ride, the not so good mileage in the AT and maybe a couple of other points. But if you can live with those, I think you should be ok with the purchase.
Happy motoring!


Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats. Eco-sport Automatic in Diesel launched ?
If yes, whats the price ?
I think I missed updates on this!
To my knowledge there is no AT variant in the diesel version. Only one version of Petrol AT.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 13:18   #9150
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 380
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Congrats. Eco-sport Automatic in Diesel launched ?
If yes, whats the price ?
I think I missed updates on this!
No diesel AT yet. I bought the Titanium Petrol AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats! You have chosen well my friend. It is indeed loaded with kit and I don't think you will be too disappointed. Of course there are some minuses like the very stiff ride, the not so good mileage in the AT and maybe a couple of other points. But if you can live with those, I think you should be ok with the purchase.
Happy motoring!


.
Thanks. Your honest feedback, from time to time, have been very helpful. I think I have made an acceptable compromise to suit my needs and wants. This one is just for my wife's (and occasionally my) drive. We have a "kill-it-with-a-driver" Ertiga ZDI. We don't have a driver anymore since the last one left to join the "Uber rush"- and with the AT, I think we will make do without one unless absolutely needed.

An ownership thread is shaping up :-)
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks