Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 18:43   #9166
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Having checked the Ford India website and brochure there is no Titanium (O) version currently. I used to have an old version of the Ecosport brochure (pdf version which I have now deleted) and even in that, I do not recall a 1.5 MT Titanium (O).

The top end spec was always reserved for the Diesel and Ecoboost versions. I myself would love a 1.5 AT Titianium (O), but that spec doesn't currently exist.
I am happy to be corrected by an owner.
Ecosport AT is available only on one trim ie the 1.5 Petrol Titanium version. There is no diesel AT. If you are looking for petrol, I strongly recommend you look carefully at the spec sheet in the website. The only things missing from O would be the push button starter, (black) leather seats and keyless entry. But then you get the traction control feature as well as two tweeters for the music system. Else everything is there.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 19:07   #9167
BHPian
 
Raja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 404
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Ecosport AT is available only on one trim ie the 1.5 Petrol Titanium version. There is no diesel AT. If you are looking for petrol, I strongly recommend you look carefully at the spec sheet in the website. The only things missing from O would be the push button starter, (black) leather seats and keyless entry. But then you get the traction control feature as well as two tweeters for the music system. Else everything is there.
It was the push button start and keyless entry that I an looking for.
Leather seats I can live without or have installed by a professional later.
Fingers crossed by might introduce an Automatic in top spec when there's a facelift.
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 19:17   #9168
BHPian
 
civic-sense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 601
Thanked: 535 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep and In Mumbai I paid about 11 OTR for the 6 Speed DSG type tiptronic AT again with 6 Airbags + ESP & TC and then paid 50K for Genuine Leather outside to end up with the same 11.50.
Compared to the Ecosport AT, the Creta AT loses on, DSG gearbox, steering, handling, additional airbags, MID, ESP, TC and HLA.

But Creta has to its advantage a powerful and fuel efficient diesel engine, an AVN, more space, bigger boot, better ride and better looks.

But they don't add up to a 5L premium Hyundai is asking for.

Did I miss anything?
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 19:37   #9169
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,879
Thanked: 318 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I had gone through this thread when the ecosport was launched, to read the review. Now with Creta AT at 15L+ on road in Delhi (which I was going to book), I am looking at options and find Ecosport AT at nearly 11L OTR a very good value for money.

Needless to say, I am spending a lot of time on this thread now.

6 airbags and all these features makes it a very good buy. The 4 Lacs savings (for AT Ecosport Vs Creta AT) will compensate for the difference in petrol and diesel prices.

Hopefully, Ford doesn't increase the price of Ecosport seeing the opportunity of fatter margins, with such prices of Creta & S Cross.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 5th August 2015 at 19:39.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 20:11   #9170
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I had gone through this thread when the ecosport was launched, to read the review. Now with Creta AT at 15L+ on road in Delhi (which I was going to book), I am looking at options and find Ecosport AT at nearly 11L OTR a very good value for money.

Needless to say, I am spending a lot of time on this thread now.

6 airbags and all these features makes it a very good buy. The 4 Lacs savings (for AT Ecosport Vs Creta AT) will compensate for the difference in petrol and diesel prices.

Hopefully, Ford doesn't increase the price of Ecosport seeing the opportunity of fatter margins, with such prices of Creta & S Cross.
This might just be the right time to buy it. I feel there could be a price increase when they come with the facelift (which is mostly cosmetic I hear except for some fine tuning of the suspension). If you are indeed in the market it could be a good time to test drive it.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 23:28   #9171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 60
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Now that the prices of Creta and S-Cross are out, as a recent buyer of Ecosport, tonight I am going to bed much more relaxed. The Ecosport suddenly seems so much more VFM. I will not be surprised if Ford seriously starts thinking of a price hike.
amit.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2015, 23:58   #9172
BHPian
 
raghav135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 67
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I plan to book a AT in the next couple of weeks. What are the freebies I can expect from Ford here in Bangalore. I am not good at bargaining, and my wife bargains too much(embarrassing at times).



I think I will go for reverse camera as a addition, But the sales guy says its 18k and if i take with some map/navigation stuff then its 16k(yes its less).

Can somebody please guide me on this.



Regards

I booked Ecosport AT last Sunday , the sales guy proudly said that there is absolutely no discount at any point in history for the Ecosport! Not sure if that statement was true

Last edited by Eddy : 6th August 2015 at 11:19. Reason: Please use the T-Bhp smileys only. Thanks
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 00:02   #9173
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,061
Thanked: 2,193 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
I booked Ecosport AT last Sunday , the sales guy proudly said that there is absolutely no discount at any point in history for the Ecosport! Not sure if that statement was true ��
This statement may actually be true and definitely for the AT

They though at the dealer level do negotiate on the accessories and insurance from day 1 as in my case for both aspects. I mean the rates not as freebies.

Last edited by ACM : 6th August 2015 at 00:05.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 01:26   #9174
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 225
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
I booked Ecosport AT last Sunday , the sales guy proudly said that there is absolutely no discount at any point in history for the Ecosport! Not sure if that statement was true 😀
One Bhpian from Kolkata recently booked an Ambiante Diesel from Kaikan Ford, and he managed to get mud flaps, floor mats and seat cover free (which cost around 10k together i believe). Plus he did insurance from outside, not the inflated ones quoted by the dealers. I think you should bargain and get a better deal. Things are not the same now as it was a yr or two back.
Samfromindia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 09:42   #9175
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Goa
Posts: 140
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
I booked Ecosport AT last Sunday , the sales guy proudly said that there is absolutely no discount at any point in history for the Ecosport! Not sure if that statement was true ��
Cash discount? No. But they will offer you some leeway with accessories. I was able to wrangle free 3M underbody coating + handling & registration charges waiver + my own insurance. This was after Ford hiked the price of the Ecoboost by 50k OTR in Jan 2015, and I threatened to cancel my booking. I guess the dealer was not very keen on stocking a Chill Metallic Ecoboost Non-O variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
One Bhpian from Kolkata recently booked an Ambiante Diesel from Kaikan Ford, and he managed to get mud flaps, floor mats and seat cover free (which cost around 10k together i believe).
IMHO, the quality of after-market mud flaps & floor mats is far superior (one of the dealer fitted mud flaps cracked within 2 months without any accident, the after-market ones from eBay that I replaced them with have survived 2 road paver hits while reversing) The dealer supplied floor mats are useless in the rains - they get soggy and take ages to dry out. And as far as seat covers go, the after-market offers an endless choice of colors & material unlike the black leatherette dealer supplied covers that you are limited to. Just my 02 cents.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 6th August 2015 at 09:56.
hemant.kamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 10:32   #9176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 380
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
I booked Ecosport AT last Sunday , the sales guy proudly said that there is absolutely no discount at any point in history for the Ecosport! Not sure if that statement was true 😀
Technically true. But dealers have been giving freebies/ discounts on accessories for the past few months. Even that might stop though, if it has not stopped already.

As others have said, I expect a slight price increase with the facelift, and my speculation is that there will be a couple of new (logical) variants as well. Other than the suspension tunes and the bump in power in the 1.5 diesel to the current tune on offer in the Aspire, the rest of it may be cosmetic. So if you want to buy one, I would recommend going ahead.
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 10:42   #9177
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Noida
Posts: 60
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Cash discount? No. But they will offer you some leeway with accessories. I was able to wrangle free 3M underbody coating + handling & registration charges waiver + my own insurance. This was after Ford hiked the price of the Ecoboost by 50k OTR in Jan 2015, and I threatened to cancel my booking. I guess the dealer was not very keen on stocking a Chill Metallic Ecoboost Non-O variant.
I agree with this. A couple of weeks back I was at the dealership for my first service. A sales adviser was on phone with a prospective customer and was offering cash discount of 6000/- , free essential kit and insurance at market price on Ecoboost. But this was before Creta and S-Cross launch so may be these guys will not be feeling this much benevolent any more.
amit.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:45   #9178
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 225
Thanked: 418 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
IMHO, the quality of after-market mud flaps & floor mats is far superior (one of the dealer fitted mud flaps cracked within 2 months without any accident, the after-market ones from eBay that I replaced them with have survived 2 road paver hits while reversing) The dealer supplied floor mats are useless in the rains - they get soggy and take ages to dry out. And as far as seat covers go, the after-market offers an endless choice of colors & material unlike the black leatherette dealer supplied covers that you are limited to. Just my 02 cents.
Yes aftermarket options are always better, but they cost more $$$. And you are getting these free. Beggars cant be choosers.
Btw i also have the default mud flaps, and even after 1 yr they work fine, had couple of hits from bikers but still intact. Never had problems with OEM floor mats. They are exact same material which comes for driver seat as default. Never managed to get them wet enough so i need to dry outside. As for the seat covers, i liked the look of the titanium option leather one, and they seemed to have something which looks similar. I had to pay for all these 1 year back, but that friend got all these free. Do post a pic of your aftermarket mudflaps/seat covers. You can see mine here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-5-diesel.html (American Beauty - My Ford EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Diesel)
Samfromindia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 01:35   #9179
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Ok my ecosport has suddenly turned a little funny. Whenever I am trying to overtake in 2nd or 3rd gear in highers speeds and as soon as I change the gear the car starts shaking. If I let go of the accelerator then it stops but if I press it again, the shaking starts again. The whole thing lasts for around 5 seconds.
After that I drive on clutch and then accelerate and everything functions normally. This is happening almost every alternate day for the past one month.

I know I need to visit service center to get it checked but just wanted to confirm if this is something I need to worry about.

Excuse for typos if any.
Anand2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 06:58   #9180
BHPian
 
gsratta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 44
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ecosport ownners, I have a query, test drove the ecosport two times, really impressed with the driver comfort in this car, one can always find his appropriate position by adjusting the seat and the stearing. I found it more comfortable than duster and even the Creta. Now the query is that does the ecosport have a speed sensing, or time lag type auto door lock system, when you start driving.
gsratta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks