Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 20:40   #10096
BHPian
 
kumar_gautam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I got the leatherette seat covers put on my ecosport yesterday. Didn't check it properly and today I've noticed a problem with it.

The ISOFIX hooks to attach the Child car seat has been covered over! And the behind seat tethering hook too.

Now I know that I can use the seat belts to secure the car seat, but I would really like the safety of ISOFIX. In fact it was one of the reasons, I opted for ecosport.

The dealer says thats how the Ford approved seat covers are.

What do I do now? My son is super fidgety even in the car seat!

Should I cut slits in the leatherette to pass the hooks through? Is that a good idea. I know leatherette would tear if slit without reinforcement patch & stitch.
kumar_gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2016, 21:53   #10097
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Kumar_Gautam, Try returning the cover if possible (Esp. if from Ford Dealer). I got my leatherite covers done at a local shop in Delhi, and the installer who did the bucket fit has made a cut for the isofix joints. If return is not accepted by dealer, Ask him to make the split.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 03:54   #10098
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
I got the leatherette seat covers put on my ecosport yesterday. Didn't check it properly and today I've noticed a problem with it.
The ISOFIX hooks to attach the Child car seat has been covered over! And the behind seat tethering hook too.
What do I do now? My son is super fidgety even in the car seat!
Should I cut slits in the leatherette to pass the hooks through? Is that a good idea. I know leatherette would tear if slit without reinforcement patch & stitch.
Ask the dealer to fix the problem by redoing the work.
It is risky to meddle with leatherette
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 09:01   #10099
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 85
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Ask the dealer to fix the problem by redoing the work.
It is risky to meddle with leatherette
Which shop do you recommend for seat covers. My car seats have become dirty because of kids and I am planning to put leatherette seat covers. Is it worth getting it from fortune ford?

Last edited by .anshuman : 31st May 2016 at 06:27. Reason: Grammatical mistake fixed. Thanks
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 13:13   #10100
mxx
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 670
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Guys just got a ecosport AT.

It's got 30kms on the odo. I have to take to my workplace town which is 300 kms away.

1. Is it fine to drive a new engine for such a long drive in the beginning days?

2. Should I keep the car speed and engine rpm below a particular level?

3. How often should I stop in the 300 kms journey to cool the new engine/gearbox combo?

Thanks
First of all congrats on your new ride.

Whatever precautions you need to take (if any) will be clearly mentioned in your user manual. If you ask anyone about this, each person will have different opinion.
But Ford engineered and built the car, and they know about the car than anyone. And they have given those instructions in the user manual based on what they know.
So, just check the user manual, do as instructed, and enjoy your new ecosport.
mxx is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 15:30   #10101
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
The ISOFIX hooks to attach the Child car seat has been covered over!
Return those covers to the dealer. If they don't agree, escalate it with Ford. It is a safety hazard and Ford should understand that.
Don't do anything to the covers from your side. Get a proper skinning job done from a reputed car seat cover outlet from outside. They remove the existing skin on the seats and put up a new leatherette material. Not only it will fix your problem, it will also look and feel much better than what the dealership had given you.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 15:36   #10102
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 952
Thanked: 421 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Fellow Ecosport'rs,

I normally Drive my car (Diesel Eco) between 2500-3500 RPM, just wanted to know, will this lead to an increased wear and tear ?
It will am sure. I've been living with the TDCI for Ecosport for over 2yrs and 45k kms and i shift just around 2000rpm. Of course i don't drive in the mountains since my usage is mostly the city but in everyday usage, 1500-2000rpm redlines it for me. Not sure why do you rev it beyond 2k cause the engine gets really gruff in lower gears at that rpm. The turbo spools and kicks in around 1500-1700rpm is what i've noticed until when the proceedings are slightly lazy.
Nilesh5417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 17:04   #10103
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 613
Thanked: 472 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
It will am sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I normally Drive my car (Diesel Eco) between 2500-3500 RPM, just wanted to know, will this lead to an increased wear and tear ?
Why would it affect the wear and tear? Of course it won't. It is no free revving petrol, so don't redline it, but keeping below 2000 rpm is just absurd. Till 3k rpm there is ample torque, and we aren't cabbies who punish the engine to get maximum FE. I drive my Fiesta in the right gear, upshifting when I feel it's good to upshift. 2500 rpm is just healthy for TDCi, no problem at all.
itsashishsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 20:06   #10104
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Thanks to Ecosport Rules for sharing his set of pics. Helped me fix the Kanglong Door Visors. Had to fidget a bit with the screws provided.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 21:36   #10105
BHPian
 
kumar_gautam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Return those covers to the dealer. If they don't agree, escalate it with Ford. It is a safety hazard and Ford should understand that.
Don't do anything to the covers from your side. Get a proper skinning job done from a reputed car seat cover outlet from outside. They remove the existing skin on the seats and put up a new leatherette material. Not only it will fix your problem, it will also look and feel much better than what the dealership had given you.
I went to the dealership today and showed them the problem. The Sales Manager said they will escalate the issue to Ford. They've asked for a week's time to come up with a proper solution without damaging the seat covers. And I should expect a call back soon.

On a separate note, I got the essential kit today(floor mats & mud flaps). Don't like the floor mats much considering how easily dirt clings to them, and how hard they are to clean. What are recommendations on after market floor mats?

Also, I'm looking for some kind of an applique or scuff plate for the rear bumper(the part that is in line with the boot floor). Over the weekend I put my retreiver in and her nails have scratched the bumper a bit. The dealership didn't have any. Any thoughts on after market accessory?

Thanks.

Last edited by kumar_gautam : 30th May 2016 at 21:41. Reason: Forgot to add something.
kumar_gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 01:45   #10106
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks to Ecosport Rules for sharing his set of pics. Helped me fix the Kanglong Door Visors. Had to fidget a bit with the screws provided.
I am glad that you could fix the rain visors.
Please do share some pictures.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Which shop do you recommend for seat covers. My car is ñow dirtied badly by kids and am planning to put leatherette seat covers. Is it worth getting it from fortune ford?
You can check prices of seat covers at any of the Ford dealerships and also from a brand called "Autoform"

Autoform is available with most of the reputed car accessory stores

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st May 2016 at 02:13.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 02:34   #10107
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
What are recommendations on after market floor mats?

Also, I'm looking for some kind of an applique or scuff plate for the rear bumper(the part that is in line with the boot floor). Over the weekend I put my retreiver in and her nails have scratched the bumper a bit. The dealership didn't have any. Any thoughts on after market accessory?

Thanks.
Kumar_gautam,

3D brand floor mats are the best. (Prevents dirt from reaching the carpet)
They are durable too.

What you are asking is a bumper protection plate.
There is a stainless steel ;stick on plate available in matt finish at a leading car accessories which will serve your purpose
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 09:44   #10108
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am glad that you could fix the rain visors.
Please do share some pictures.
I could attach only 1 pic. One of the screws fell off next morning while the car was being washed by the cleaner. Thankfully additional ones are supplied. However they are not a tight fit. I might remove these screws and get something else done. Thinking of some ideas.

Cheers,
Raj
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-door-visor.jpeg  

Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 19:16   #10109
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I could attach only 1 pic. One of the screws fell off next morning while the car was being washed by the cleaner. Thankfully additional ones are supplied. However they are not a tight fit. I might remove these screws and get something else done. Thinking of some ideas.

Cheers,
Raj
Raj
I think you mean "pins" fell off ?
Use a thin rubber washer or paper to insert pins,that would solve the problem
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 22:48   #10110
BHPian
 
satz581993Mille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Fellow Ecosport'rs,



I normally Drive my car (Diesel Eco) between 2500-3500 RPM, just wanted to know, will this lead to an increased wear and tear ?

It shouldn't be causing issues of any sort and definitely not increased wear and tear. However make sure that you drive in higher rpms only after proper run in of the engine. And yea, for diesels 3500rpm is definitely a little on the higher side IMHO.
satz581993Mille is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:10.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks