Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 15:52   #10186
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 20
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I just got the Ecosport Diesel last week. My observations after driving for 500Kms.
...
4. I got an average of 19.8KMPL(MID info) over 150Kms between Bangalore and Mysore with 5 adults and a bootful of luggage. This was right after taking delivery and on a new engine which had done less than 100Kms. Now the avg stands at 18.4KMPL(MID info) after driving 500Kms with around 350Kms of highway driving and rest in city traffic. I kept the speeds between 80 to 100Kmph
As far as I know, the updated 100 BHP TDCI has almost identical ARAI certified fuel efficiency. The shape, weight or aerodynamics have not changed. If anything the same engine in a higher state of tune is delivering approx 12% higher BHP. Such variation in real life mileage is mind blowing.

Can experts throw some light on this phenomenon.
srvshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2016, 23:31   #10187
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Anybody with ecosport 2016 AT.

The dealer is offering around ~40k discount on 2015 AT I went through the new features in the face lift 2016 and the only feature which am interested is the push start button. But have some doubt does it auto lock also the car after some time when we have parked or need to take the key out and lock it before leaving the car? If I have to take the key out for locking I think it defeats the purpose of having the button (at least for me). Let me know please?

Also is there anything in 2016 AT which I am missing, I kind of liked the slide in slide out tray in the 2015 boot which is more convenient.

Thanks
mechadios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 06:38   #10188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 6,370 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Anybody with ecosport 2016 AT.

The dealer is offering around ~40k discount on 2015 AT I went through the new features in the face lift 2016 and the only feature which am interested is the push start button. But have some doubt does it auto lock also the car after some time when we have parked or need to take the key out and lock it before leaving the car? If I have to take the key out for locking I think it defeats the purpose of having the button (at least for me). Let me know please?

Also is there anything in 2016 AT which I am missing, I kind of liked the slide in slide out tray in the 2015 boot which is more convenient.

Thanks
We have a Feb 2016 Ecosport AT in the family. If I am not mistaken, the facelift was released around October 2015 and there is nothing new added in 2016. If the car you are looking at is pre facelift, it would be ~10 months old now.

On the Auto lock. You do not need to take out the key. It can be locked by pressing the request sensor on the door handle. Forgot if it auto locks. I don't think it does.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 11:41   #10189
BHPian
 
kumar_gautam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 47
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
On the Auto lock. You do not need to take out the key. It can be locked by pressing the request sensor on the door handle. Forgot if it auto locks. I don't think it does.
It auto locks when the smart key goes out of range.

Also auto locks after some time, once you start driving.
kumar_gautam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 11:50   #10190
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Made a trip to Calicut via Guruvayur recently.
While returning, the Ecosport was stuffed to the gills with people and luggage.
Five adults, 2 large suitcases, 2 medium sized suitcases and 3 medium sized bags. I must say that the car took this in its stride with aplomb thanks to the hard suspension and good ground clearance. I was on the S mode most of the time and the engine didn't feel strained at all (of course, I am a pretty sedate driver).
Also changed the wipers recently - Bosch.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0691.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0692.jpg  

wilful is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 12:21   #10191
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,828
Thanked: 951 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechadios View Post
Anybody with ecosport 2016 AT.

The dealer is offering around ~40k discount on 2015 AT I went through the new features in the face lift 2016 and the only feature which am interested is the push start button. But have some doubt does it auto lock also the car after some time when we have parked or need to take the key out and lock it before leaving the car? If I have to take the key out for locking I think it defeats the purpose of having the button (at least for me). Let me know please?

Also is there anything in 2016 AT which I am missing, I kind of liked the slide in slide out tray in the 2015 boot which is more convenient.

Thanks
I think there is. Push button start which 2015 AT model did not have. But once again, we do not get power-fold ORVMs. Too bad manufacturers skimp on these basic features, especially in a car costing upward of 11 lakhs.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 12:29   #10192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Also changed the wipers recently - Bosch.
Hi Wilful,

Please can you tell me from where did you source these wipers and how much it cost you? My stock wipers are almost gone case and with Monsoon's arrival in Mumbai, I need to change the wipers of my Ecosport as well. Also, was the fitting plug and play done by you or you needed professional help?

Thanks in advance.
TSIched'Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 12:34   #10193
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
It auto locks when the smart key goes out of range.

Also auto locks after some time, once you start driving.
After you start driving, it auto locks as soon as you reach 20kmph. Thats what i have observed.
Desmosedici is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 13:36   #10194
VMG
BHPian
 
VMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 310
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have decided to buy an Ecosport AT. Is it worth waiting for 2017 model?
What are the changes/new features in 2017 AT model compare to 2016 AT?
When 2017 AT will hit Indian roads?

Thanks in Advance.
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 13:54   #10195
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi Wilful,

Please can you tell me from where did you source these wipers and how much it cost you? My stock wipers are almost gone case and with Monsoon's arrival in Mumbai, I need to change the wipers of my Ecosport as well. Also, was the fitting plug and play done by you or you needed professional help?

Thanks in advance.
Posting the Amazon link for your info and use.
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21KZVQ/r...997831_TE_item

Very simple to install - you can do it yourself.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 14:36   #10196
BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 965
Thanked: 690 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Made a trip to Calicut via Guruvayur recently.
While returning, the Ecosport was stuffed to the gills with people and luggage.
Five adults, 2 large suitcases, 2 medium sized suitcases and 3 medium sized bags.
The way you have stacked up luggage, it is a risky thing to do on highway drives. I do not think you were able to view anything in your IRVM.
Something one should definitely avoid on highways.
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 15:05   #10197
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The way you have stacked up luggage, it is a risky thing to do on highway drives. I do not think you were able to view anything in your IRVM.
Something one should definitely avoid on highways.
You definitely do have a point there.
It's not something I would normally do - this was one of those rare occasions.
However with both OVRMs properly angled, it was not that huge a problem as I originally thought it would be.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 16:57   #10198
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,984
Thanked: 5,018 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have driven hatchbacks loaded up like a van, in London. Company car, computer equipment for installation.

Whilst I really dislike not having rear-screen view, the biggest danger in this situation might be from stuff shifting forward in the event of an accident or even emergency braking,
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 21:46   #10199
Newbie
 
jampot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I bought a pre-owned Ecosport AT last month, which has 6 airbags. Is it possible to install a seat cover in this model? Has anyone done it?
jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2016, 09:45   #10200
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 4,628
Thanked: 3,820 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I bought a pre-owned Ecosport AT last month, which has 6 airbags. Is it possible to install a seat cover in this model? Has anyone done it?
Why would you do that? Has the seat cover frayed?

It is not recommended to fit seat covers.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks