Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 10:30   #10726
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Ford EcoSport : Wheel Alignment Specifications

Wheel Alignment Specifications

Here's the wheel alignment specifications for the EcoSport's suspension:
Name:  Ford EcoSport  Wheel Alignment Parameters.png
Views: 3143
Size:  28.4 KB

The two columns on the left give the values in traditional degrees/minutes notation (so degrees go from 0-359 and minutes from 0-59), and the two columns on the right give the same values in a decimal degrees format (instead of 0-59 minutes, it is 0.00 - 0.99 hundredths of a degree). Both sets of values are identical, just represented differently.

So, if you see 0°10' in the left, then 0 degrees 10 minutes = 0 degrees 10/60 minutes = 10/60*100 decimal degrees = 0.16° degrees.

Bear in mind that in most cases, the wheel alignment that is normally performed takes care of only the front toe adjustment. If caster/camber need adjusting, it'll require partial disassembly of the suspension to add shims as required. This is not usually done by a wheel alignment center, and is done by the ASC only in case of serious suspension issues.

Also see TBHP's wheel alignment thread (Everything about Wheel Alignment: Post your queries here) for any general alignment queries - the very first post on that thread contains a superb explanation of alignment.
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 16:40   #10727
BHPian
 
vivekgk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 627
Thanked: 333 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Does anybody know the part number of the front door tweeter for the Ecosport? It comes fitted only on the Automatic model. The dealer claimed that it is not possible to order it for aftermarket fitting.

If this isn't available, can any standard tweeter be fitted? AFAIK, aftermarket tweeters come without any connectors, just a couple of wires. Is there any wiring/cutting/slicing required to be done for fitting tweeters?

I already searched for this in the thread and found that it is possible to fit Hertz tweeters. Since the model mentioned is not available at any of my sources, I'd like to fit something that's available. The requirement is for imaging purpose rather than outright lack of treble. I am used to a driver facing component setup in my old car, and the sound coming from down below just doesn't feel right.

I'd like to go with the OEM setup if possible, and if not, something aftermarket. TIA.
vivekgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 17:33   #10728
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Does anybody know the part number of the front door tweeter for the Ecosport? It comes fitted only on the Automatic model. The dealer claimed that it is not possible to order it for aftermarket fitting.
If I'm not mistaken, the part number is CV6Z-18808-E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
If this isn't available, can any standard tweeter be fitted? AFAIK, aftermarket tweeters come without any connectors, just a couple of wires. Is there any wiring/cutting/slicing required to be done for fitting tweeters?
You can definitely fit aftermarket tweeters. You don't have to cut any existing wires, just run a new pair of wires from the terminals of the front door speaker up to the tweeter (i.e. the crossover unit).

Last edited by arunphilip : 2nd October 2016 at 17:34.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:29   #10729
BHPian
 
BB311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 82
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
You can definitely fit aftermarket tweeters. You don't have to cut any existing wires, just run a new pair of wires from the terminals of the front door speaker up to the tweeter (i.e. the crossover unit).
I am not sure about this Arun because when I opened up my Ecosport (Diesel Titanium) for upgrade, I discovered that their was no crossover unit and the front door speaker was a simple co-axial unit.

This apart, considering the already excellent stock audio setup I would not recommend anyone to go with a half heart-ed approach. To exceed the stock quality you will need to shell good amount of money for an appreciable difference.

1. Stock Audio system is on warmer side. To have a brighter tone you will need treble - tweeters. This can be done only through component system.

2. Components come alive only with amplifier.

3. All bright sounding components like DLS and Memphis lack the mid bass punch.

4. For bass, you will need a sub-woofer.

5. To run, two sets of component speakers you need a decent 4 channel amplifier.

6. With the above point implemented, you will need a mono-amp for subwoofer.

7. Now that you have already spent a lot of money in above 6 points, you need to get your boot damped, esp. if you have the stepney cover. As it will vibrate / rattle and produce an echo with your subwoofer. For this you will need premium dampening.

This will go on and on for a perfect audiophile setup.

You can find my setup on the thread link that Arun shared.

Thanks !!!
BB311 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 00:03   #10730
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
considering the already excellent stock audio setup I would not recommend anyone to go with a half heart-ed approach. To exceed the stock quality you will need to shell good amount of money for an appreciable difference.

<7 points>
This is excellent advice, thank you - while we've heard various reports of installing or upgrading speakers, its good to know just how much it would entail to "level up" the ICE in the EcoSport. The stock system has already set the bar quite high, as wilful commented on earlier.

I was looking at the latest update (ICEing up my Ford EcoSport) on your thread and that's quite a large list of changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I am not sure about this Arun because when I opened up my Ecosport (Diesel Titanium) for upgrade, I discovered that their was no crossover unit and the front door speaker was a simple co-axial unit.
Ah, that's a good point. But then, that can be solved by ensuring the tweeters purchased come with a passive crossover (high-pass filter), can't it? I randomly looked up two tweeters (JBL and Pioneer) and both come with a passive crossover.
arunphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2016, 00:50   #10731
BHPian
 
ranjithrnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TRIVANDRUM/BANGALORE
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
This is excellent advice, thank you - while we've heard various reports of installing or upgrading speakers, its good to know just how much it would entail to "level up" the ICE in the EcoSport. The stock system has already set the bar quite high, as wilful commented on earlier.



I was looking at the latest update (ICEing up my Ford EcoSport) on your thread and that's quite a large list of changes!





Ah, that's a good point. But then, that can be solved by ensuring the tweeters purchased come with a passive crossover (high-pass filter), can't it? I randomly looked up two tweeters (JBL and Pioneer) and both come with a passive crossover.

Has anyone checked the below ?

https://harmanaudio.in/jbl-sportstag...o-package.html

Thanks,
Ranjith
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 23:42   #10732
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 162
Thanked: 162 Times
Default

Sorry, it's bit off topic here but I know that someone in this thread owns Ecosport AT which he has registered as private car first and then converted it to T permit.
I just want to know the process and whether we get a refund of Lifetime which we have paid.
Thanks in advance.
It would be highly appreciated if someone helps me finding that guy.
DriveOnceMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 02:05   #10733
BHPian
 
ecosport rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 872
Thanked: 1,118 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Does anybody know the part number of the front door tweeter for the Ecosport? It comes fitted only on the Automatic model. The dealer claimed that it is not possible to order it for aftermarket fitting.

If this isn't available, can any standard tweeter be fitted? AFAIK, aftermarket tweeters come without any connectors, just a couple of wires. Is there any wiring/cutting/slicing required to be done for fitting tweeters?

I already searched for this in the thread and found that it is possible to fit Hertz tweeters. Since the model mentioned is not available at any of my sources
I'd like to go with the OEM setup if possible, and if not, something aftermarket. TIA.
The Hertz tweeters work very well.They also fit perfectly into the slot provided.

Did you try to procure the tweeters from the authorised dealer?

I had connected both the tweeter wires into the OEM speaker's socket (no splicing or cutting)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 5th October 2016 at 02:09.
ecosport rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2016, 10:01   #10734
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,373
Thanked: 397 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Sorry, it's bit off topic here but I know that someone in this thread owns Ecosport AT which he has registered as private car first and then converted it to T permit.
I just want to know the process and whether we get a refund of Lifetime which we have paid.
Thanks in advance.
It would be highly appreciated if someone helps me finding that guy.
Nishantbhatia has an Ecosport AT registered as T permit. And i am sure he has not registered as a private first and then converted.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2016, 23:38   #10735
BHPian
 
PraNeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 77
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

With an aim to boost its sales and make most of the upcoming festive season, Ford India has introduced Signature Edition Range of Accessories on India’s most awarded compact SUV EcoSport. Donning fresh, attractive exteriors and sportier interiors, the Black Titanium variant of Ford EcoSport with Signature Edition range of accessories will be available starting INR 926,194 (Ex-Showroom, Delhi) including 37,894 worth of accessories inclusive of fitment and painting.

The exterior of Ford EcoSport Black’s Signature Edition features a series of changes to enhance the sporty visual appeal with:
  • New All-new LED daytime running lamps, featuring a string of five LED lights that have been added just below the fog lamp bezel to accentuate EcoSport’s confident stance.
  • New front & rear bumper appliques give the compact SUV an even sportier look. Body graphics with EcoSport branding which has been added to the doors to make it trendier and stylish.
  • The Signature Edition features bright, illuminated scuff plates that make the EcoSport a lot more inviting. Furthermore, the Black Vinyl Seat Covers with red stitching give the interiors a plush, premium and modern look.
Elements in the new Signature Edition will be dealer fitted on the existing EcoSport Black that offers all-black exteriors including a black grille; black-out molded headlamps, 16-inch black alloy wheels, black mirror covers, black fog lamp bezel, black roof rails & Roof cross bars.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosportsignatureedition1.jpg  

PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 00:14   #10736
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
With an aim to boost its sales and make most of the upcoming festive season, Ford India has introduced Signature Edition Range of Accessories
Thank you for the info.

Of the lot, only these look tasteful and appeal to me: 16-inch black alloy wheels, black mirror covers, black fog lamp bezel. And that's all part of the Black Edition anyway, along with the roof rails.

Sigh - Ford's going the Maruti way with stickers and tacky LED DRLs.

<sarcasm>I eagerly await the EcoSport Christmas tree edition next. I hear it comes with twinkling multi-colour LEDs. And the Sync lady sings 'Jingle Bells'.</sarcasm>

A real Signature edition would be Euro-spec interiors at the very least, if not mechanicals. Man up, Ford.

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th October 2016 at 00:17.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 00:38   #10737
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 104
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Thank you for the info.

Of the lot, only these look tasteful and appeal to me: 16-inch black alloy wheels, black mirror covers, black fog lamp bezel. And that's all part of the Black Edition anyway, along with the roof rails.

Sigh - Ford's going the Maruti way with stickers and tacky LED DRLs.

<sarcasm>I eagerly await the EcoSport Christmas tree edition next. I hear it comes with twinkling multi-colour LEDs. And the Sync lady sings 'Jingle Bells'.</sarcasm>

A real Signature edition would be Euro-spec interiors at the very least, if not mechanicals. Man up, Ford.
I agree. I'm still juggling the thought of buying an ecosport but would avoid this test drive looking car if with the stickers and cheap LEDs. Hope they give some great offer on the black pack though.
komalthecoolk is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 06:28   #10738
Senior - BHPian
 
wilful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: cochin
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 718 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Sigh - Ford's going the Maruti way with stickers and tacky LED DRLs.

<sarcasm>I eagerly await the EcoSport Christmas tree edition next. I hear it comes with twinkling multi-colour LEDs. And the Sync lady sings 'Jingle Bells'.</sarcasm>

A real Signature edition would be Euro-spec interiors at the very least, if not mechanicals. Man up, Ford.
I couldn't agree more with you.
BTW does the current version have electronically folding ORVMs?
Any idea when the new Ecosport is coming out and do they plan an AWD version?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 08:51   #10739
Senior - BHPian
 
arunphilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
BTW does the current version have electronically folding ORVMs?
Surprisingly, the EcoSport sold in India doesn't have electronically folding ORVMs despite the Figo and Aspire having this feature. While it is a small feature, it is a very compelling one for me, and one whose absence I felt when I bought my EcoSport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Any idea when the new Ecosport is coming out and do they plan an AWD version?
Sometime in 2017 is the best vague guess we have - all speculation about that (including AWD discussions) is being tracked on this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...sibly-awd.html
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 10:37   #10740
BHPian
 
komalthecoolk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 104
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I know that 6 airbags are something no one can predict if they need it or not but are the below features exclusive to the Titanium+ worth the 60K INR additional cost? The fact that I can't add the dealer fitted rear camera on the Titanium+ because of the sensors attached on the IRVM assembly also makes me think twice. Rear camera > Auto-wipers + auto-dimming-IRVM right? Has anyone found the Auto wipers and Auto headlamps something difficult to live without?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by komalthecoolk : 9th October 2016 at 10:39. Reason: resizing image
komalthecoolk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:37.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks