Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 21st June 2013, 13:20   #1066
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Just going by what is being said, even though we boast that we are matured community, the reality is far from that. Just look at how we are falling into the hands of the dealer who are exploiting the over enthusiasm from the buyers. Just imagine what would happen if 10 people walk away when they are told that they won't book if the amount is more than what's told by Ford or if they are forced to buy the insurance from them or extended warranty. Just one or two people standing up and fighting won't help at all. But if many people do that, then the dealers won't attempt such things.

No offense to anyone in particular, but all that talk and stuff flies out the windows once the urge to be in the line before everyone else kicks in. Very disappointing!
prakash_ajp is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 13:26   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Confirmed from Ford, the mandatory accessories thing was dealers doing. Not all rosy though, 3000/- booking cancellation charges are in the hands of the dealer whether to charge or not. Also Insurance & Extended Warranty are mandatory from the dealer during delivery.

Reply to my mail from Ford regarding 3000/- booking cancellation charges:

"We once again wish to inform you that the booking cancellation which are purely under the dealership purview as per the terms & conditions captured by them in their order booking form."
This is absolutely ridiculous! Are they out of their minds? This was expected though but can some of us get together and fix it right with Ford authorities?

Why should we pay more and give in to unfair practices?
xuv2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:16   #1068
BHPian

Lots of people are falling into a trap laid by the dealers. But I don't think a strong stand by members of this forum will really make much difference because there are majority of public out there willing to deposit as much cash as the dealers want. I am sure cancellation wouldn't be easy with some dealers; they will drag their feet in terms of time taken to process refund. They could be earning interest from other's money for upto two months.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:26   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Just going by what is being said, even though we boast that we are matured community, the reality is far from that. Just look at how we are falling into the hands of the dealer who are exploiting the over enthusiasm from the buyers. Just imagine what would happen if 10 people walk away when they are told that they won't book if the amount is more than what's told by Ford or if they are forced to buy the insurance from them or extended warranty. Just one or two people standing up and fighting won't help at all. But if many people do that, then the dealers won't attempt such things.

No offense to anyone in particular, but all that talk and stuff flies out the windows once the urge to be in the line before everyone else kicks in. Very disappointing!
Well said, I had a similar experience with Honda folks when I went to buy the Amaze. The dealer went as far as saying that it was company policy that new cars must buy insurance and extended warranty. I decided to walk away.
Later, I mailed the customer relationship at Honda and got a response saying that the dealer was way out of line to state like that and asked for the details. There has been no follow up since.
rlvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:26   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
You cannot be pressurized to get the insurance from the ... paying 50000 Rs extra already
Yes we don't have to get insurance from the dealer itself, You can shop around and get a better deal. I had noticed, in case of dealer insurance when we have to make a claim, the process is easy. Take car to Service center / Body shop, get the estimate sheet leave. Insurance inspector will be arranged by Dealer, he comes directly to service center, approves claims(99.9% gets approved), Dealer completes the job, we pay depreciation or un-covered money. Settlement for insured sum is directly between dealer and insurance company.

When we have opted for insurance outside, we have to arrange the insurance inspector, he inspects and rejects many of our/dealer claims(15 to 30% Rejection), Dealer completes the job, we pay dealer from our pocket, latter insurance company settles claim money directly with us (Wait around 30 days for this money)

The above statements are directly from my experiences, I know other cases may be different.

My advice would be to stick with dealer, it may be costlier by 2 or 3 thousand rupees, but its worth the time and headache that we are gonna eat if we come across an incident.
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:42   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
I booked the Titanium Diesel (Red) and paid Rs. 1,00,000 as booking amount since the dealer said I will get the car faster. Now, I got a call yesterday saying that if you get a call from Ford them tell them that you have paid Rs. 50,000 only!

Looks like Ford has indeed given them strict instructions to not overcharge for the booking amount. I have anyway been promised 2nd week of July as approx delivery schedule.

Another issue I fear is that most dealers will pressurize customers to buy the insurance from them only. How should we react? Does anyone have Ford MD's email address?
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post

The above statements are directly from my experiences, I know other cases may be different.

My advice would be to stick with dealer, it may be costlier by 2 or 3 thousand rupees, but its worth the time and headache that we are gonna eat if we come across an incident.
If the difference is 2000 to 3000, agree but i my case it was > 6000. Also, I wanted to go with Bajaj Alliance (that the dealer was not offering). I have not so far see any difference in service between insurance hawked by the dealer and what I bought independently.
chennai-indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:54   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@floyd.bell, I totally agree. I asked them to refund the 50,000 but they say that the car will be billed in max. 1 week and as soon as they share the engine & chassis number I have to make the complete payment!
That bit is rubbish. The advice to all members of this forum is - pay when you inspect the car in the dealer's stockyard. You can prove to the dealer that you have the money ready when the factory allocation happens to prevent him from selling the car to someone else, but never part with the moolah unless you have seen the car in person!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 14:59   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
We first have to get rid of our heard mentality, rushing where every one does, this gives a chance to the unscrupulous elements to exploit.

This has been the case with XUV where the dealers were quoting exorbitant prices and insisting on in-house insurance, the same seems to be coming true for the Eco Sport
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:05   #1074
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Insurance bought from outside should be about half (50%) of the price at which the dealer will sell it. It will be a significant difference / premium that one will be paying for early delivery. (Since later on they will be forced to allow outside insurance).
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:10   #1075
Team-BHP Support

If you guys think only a few dealers try and force you to buy insurance from them, look at my experience with Sai Service as well:Thread link. (Sai Service - Pune. Pathetic sales experience.)
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:30   #1076
AWD
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post

As far as ford is concerned the dealers (or ford) who are flying high like this will soon hit the ground. With the hype that they have created they think customers are beggars. They throw all sorts of tantrums - colour choice, variant choice, insurance, registration.

This kind of attitude is very bad. If one dealer behaves with one person like this then a company especially like ford is bound to loose a 100 customers easily via word of mouth.
Yes this is indeed sad & I for one & a couple of my friends decided against booking the vehicle. At the end of the day, both Ford & the dealer lost business but they didn't seem to mind because they think consumers are going to make a bee-line for their product & that they can get away with being high-headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Who states the above? Ford? I don't believe any manufacturer will state that.
Yes the quoted text is from the conversation I received from Ford-India on my mail. While regarding Insurance & Extended warranty, I was confirmed over phone by Ford that one will have to get it done from the dealer at the time of delivery.

Quote:
This is absolutely ridiculous! Are they out of their minds? This was expected though but can some of us get together and fix it right with Ford authorities?

Why should we pay more and give in to unfair practices?
Right, Im with anyone who decides to raise a voice against this injustice. Ford is trying its hands on what Maruti did successfully for ages!
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:31   #1077
BHPian

5 days to go! My sales executive has become a good friend of me since i have been following up for quite some time & he has also been prompt in giving me updates. I have only paid 25000 Rs (not 50000) and he has assured me that he will not deduct anything if i cancel it after the test drive. I completely trust him. Just now Ford India has tweeted that they will not charge cancellation charges for customers who have pre-booked it without knowing prices.

So the big news! He is almost sure that the top diesel version most probably will not cross 11 lakhs OTR. Compared to the Duster which touches 13-14 lakhs OTR, this one is loaded with features, looks brand new and decent interiors. I think this would be introductory price for the ones who pre-booked the car without even a test drive and later it might increase.

I am eagerly awaiting for June 26 so that this speculation can end and i can proceed on with my life as usual instead of checking this thread every 2 hours once

Last edited by urajkumar : 21st June 2013 at 15:34.
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 15:44   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I think this would be introductory price for the ones who pre-booked the car without even a test drive and later it might increase.
I don't think this will be the case. If I understand you correctly, they will announce the pricelist but it will be only available to people who have Pre-booked, So then they will announce another pricelist for people who want to book the car.
esma1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 16:17   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esma1981 View Post
I don't think this will be the case. If I understand you correctly, they will announce the pricelist but it will be only available to people who have Pre-booked, So then they will announce another pricelist for people who want to book the car.
I do not think that should be taken literally. Renault when they announced their first price hike for duster in october, they waved off the hike for people who booked before august. So even ford could do something like this as a show of goodwill for the ones who booked early.
sunilg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 16:24   #1080
BHPian

Went to the showroom today to checkout the car. Its certainly better than the pictures. The front is not that aggressive, I liked the rear profile the most.
Official test drives starts on the 26th, but an unofficial quick spin is offered if no one is around/watching. The test drive vehicle was a white titanium (O) TDCI. The Diesel is very quite similar to the New Fiesta and unlike the Figo or Vento Diesel. Steering is light, not sure how it would behave at higher speeds.
The show piece was a Trend Version. Really liked the beige-ish (Warm Neutral Grey) interiors rather than the Charcoal Grey. Exterior fit and finish is good, interior plastic quality is just ok. The rear right door panel plastic near the window was shaking.
The rear seats are placed higher, hence taller passengers will feel comfortable with under thigh support, the leg room is fine.
Bootspace is better than the Figo, and more than sufficient for me.
Sales force is not that aware of all the details and versions. Infact we are better informed than them. No vague comments on prices, just the usual numbers. Standard booking amount and cancellation charges as mentioned in this forum.
They have been allotted 110-120 vehicles over the next 3 months split into 35-40 vehicles per month. They know which color and variant these are.
So in case your choice doesnt fit in then you would have to wait for the next lot, so thats a waiting period of 3 to 6 months.
sansvk is offline   Reply With Quote