Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 08:14   #10921
BHPian
 
Pequod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: KL-01, KL-43
Posts: 29
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I too am looking at the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol manual..
Unfortunately, the petrol variant was not available during the official review and I could not find any useful ownership reviews on the same.
Exactly the same boat I am in. Have booked a test drive of the 1.5P MT this weekend, but reviews of this variant in terms of long term maintenance costs, real world mileage etc. are literally non-existent. Not just on T-BHP, anywhere else as well.
Pequod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 11:55   #10922
BHPian
 
nischaltopno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

It's sad to notice that the paint is peeling off in the inner part of the hatch in a 1 year old vehicle . This is a TDCI Titanium+ variant. This wasn't expected from Ford in one of their premium offerings.

I am writing to Ford, but I am not expecting anything from them, as I know the mail will be forwarded to dealer instructing them for a repaint.

Left side:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-hatch_left.jpg

Right side:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-hatch_right.jpg
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 16:56   #10923
BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 742
Thanked: 1,033 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
It's sad to notice that the paint is peeling off in the inner part of the hatch in a 1 year old vehicle . This is a TDCI Titanium+ variant. This wasn't expected from Ford in one of their premium offerings.

I am writing to Ford, but I am not expecting anything from them, as I know the mail will be forwarded to dealer instructing them for a repaint.

Left side:
Attachment 1583344

Right side:
Attachment 1583345
Write an email, call the customer care and also do take your car to an authorized service center. Since your car is still under warranty, I don't see a reason why Ford would not repaint/repair it free of cost.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 17:36   #10924
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 89
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Do you think by any chance something like acid or some other chemical was flashed accidentally that you may not be knowing?

Just a thought, unless there are many such complaints.
sanjubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2016, 18:41   #10925
Newbie
 
browneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Shimla/Airoli
Posts: 19
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Noticed first issue in my 9 month old car. Passenger front door is making "tak-tak-tak" sound while opening and closing. Noise is coming from "detent" which keeps door open. Looks like bolt which attach detent to body is loose.

There is rattling sound from same side window while driving, may be its related to same issue.

Will try to visit Ford service over weekend and get it checked.

Anyone else faced same issue?

Last edited by browneyes : 9th December 2016 at 18:58. Reason: typos
browneyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 11:42   #10926
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 419
Thanked: 506 Times
Default

Yes my 3.5 year old Ecosport had rattling issues in three places - passenger side door, instrument cluster and the rear hatch. This has happened a couple of times in the life cycle and I was able to get it fixed by Ford service under warranty. The only one that never seems to go away permanently is the instrument cluster rattle. However hard the service people try and fix, it always comes back after a few weeks.
84.monsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 08:54   #10927
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bathinda, Pb
Posts: 167
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My Ecosport doesn't has a single rattle and thats after going through extreme terrains four times(Ladakh, zanskar, spiti, kalpa) and 53000 KMS under its belt. But then I baby my Ecosport a lot and try not to drive beyond 80 kmph. After going through dusty conditions, tailgate's locking mechanism accumulates dust, which starts to make noise on potholes. but after cleaning the lock, its again as silent as ever.
Dr.Abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 10:17   #10928
VMG
BHPian
 
VMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 319
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I took delivery of Ecosport Automatic yesterday at chennai.
Thanks to all who gave feedback/suggestions.
VMG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 15:29   #10929
BHPian
 
RapidRavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Noticed first issue in my 9 month old car. Passenger front door is making "tak-tak-tak" sound while opening and closing. Noise is coming from "detent" which keeps door open. Looks like bolt which attach detent to body is loose.

There is rattling sound from same side window while driving, may be its related to same issue.

Will try to visit Ford service over weekend and get it checked.

Anyone else faced same issue?

Yes. I too had a rattling sound from boot door in my 7 months old Ecosport. Visited service shop and got it rectified. Now, it has been a month with no rattles.
RapidRavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 21:54   #10930
BHPian
 
nischaltopno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Write an email, call the customer care and also do take your car to an authorized service center. Since your car is still under warranty, I don't see a reason why Ford would not repaint/repair it free of cost.
I have already written to Ford - for them to figure out why the paint has peeled off. They've asked me to take my vehicle to the service station.

I am Ford customer for 6 years now and know exactly how they operate. Without writing to Ford, the service centre would have painted it free of cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Do you think by any chance something like acid or some other chemical was flashed accidentally that you may not be knowing?

Just a thought, unless there are many such complaints.
I am pretty sure about non exposure to other chemicals/acids. This part is inside the hatch and I don't think this would have happened without damaging the external paint. Also, both the peel are at the exact same spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes my 3.5 year old Ecosport had rattling issues in three places - passenger side door, instrument cluster and the rear hatch. This has happened a couple of times in the life cycle and I was able to get it fixed by Ford service under warranty. The only one that never seems to go away permanently is the instrument cluster rattle. However hard the service people try and fix, it always comes back after a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
Yes. I too had a rattling sound from boot door in my 7 months old Ecosport. Visited service shop and got it rectified. Now, it has been a month with no rattles.
Rear hatch rattle over rough patch is know issue. The service centre folks have been advised to grease the rear hatch lock and replace the spring (if i recollect it correctly) if required.

The instrument cluster rattle is quite annoying but I am scared to allow them to rip open the dash board, so living with it. Let me know if you get a permanent solution.
nischaltopno is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 17:22   #10931
BHPian
 
Pequod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: KL-01, KL-43
Posts: 29
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Went ahead and booked Ford Ecosport 1.5D Titanium. OTR 10.30 Lakhs in Cochin after free zero depreciation comprehensive insurance, free third year Extended Warranty with RSA and free essential accessory kit. Dealer has the vehicle in stock, make 10.11.2016 as per Form 22/VIN. Is this a good deal?
Pequod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 10:35   #10932
BHPian
 
Self Driven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 127
Thanked: 177 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Went ahead and booked Ford Ecosport 1.5D Titanium. OTR 10.30 Lakhs in Cochin after free zero depreciation comprehensive insurance, free third year Extended Warranty with RSA and free essential accessory kit. Dealer has the vehicle in stock, make 10.11.2016 as per Form 22/VIN. Is this a good deal?
Congrats on your booking, generally Ford has the December Dhamal every year with assured gifts. I hope you can wait for the same, if already rolled out then its fine. I got a LG microwave few years back in the contest.

Regarding the price, i got a similar deal in Aug '16. check if they have more stock and get a better deal

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 13:07   #10933
BHPian
 
Pequod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: KL-01, KL-43
Posts: 29
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Congrats on your booking, generally Ford has the December Dhamal every year with assured gifts.
Cheers
Thanks!!! This offer is under Dec Dhamaal. Am pushing for further cash discount or accessories at the time of delivery.

Vehicle manufactured in Nov 2016 is ok right?
Pequod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 17:31   #10934
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 23
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] or Edit original post to add reply. Thanks.

Hi Folks,

Two strange sightings on my Ecosport (36k kms done)

1. Yesterday in the evening while travelling back from office , my AC suddenly automatically set its temperature to "Hi" and throwing warm air. I pushed the "off" button and it stopped. However, within 5-6 seconds the AC started on its own at the "Hi" temperature and throwing warm air again. I stopped the car on the side and put it off to examine the issue- Opened the bonet, found nothing suspicious. I started the car again, and the same issue resurfaced.
Perplexed, I didnt really understand whats happening. I constantly kept pushing the off button and somehow took it home.
Today in the morning when I switched on the car, the issue had disappeared :S
Has anyone faced something similar?

2. There seems to be a lot of vibrating noise on the third gear and the fifth gear. It feels like as though the windows are producing this vibration. Not too sure though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes my 3.5 year old Ecosport had rattling issues in three places - passenger side door, instrument cluster and the rear hatch. This has happened a couple of times in the life cycle and I was able to get it fixed by Ford service under warranty. The only one that never seems to go away permanently is the instrument cluster rattle. However hard the service people try and fix, it always comes back after a few weeks.
The rare hatch is something I have been facing constantly. What I understand from the others is that, this is something that we have to live with :(

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2016 at 17:45. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] or Edit original post to add reply. Thanks.
girish.purswani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2016, 20:38   #10935
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello, Any idea where I can install good quality reverse parking camera in Bangalore ? Any recommended model/make and any accessory shops preferably in south Bangalore. Whenever I visit my in-laws place, the only option is to take a U-turn on a very narrow road and the reverse parking sensors only help a bit. I would like to add the camera so that the sensor functionality is retained. Thank You.
aquarian1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks