Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2017, 14:31   #11266
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I am posting this query here, as the Tyre and Wheel upgrade thread is pretty quite !

Just completed a quick scout in terms of replacement tyre for my Ecosport. I am planning to buy them using Bajaj Finserve EMI plan with 6% interest as the processing fee. Could you please suggest the best from this. 2015/60 R16

1. Michelin Primacy 3ST : 7,400 (Global Tyres) and 7,750 (DBS Tyres) per tyre
2. Yokohama Earth 1 : 5,850 (Global Tyres) This being an older tyre which is currently not in production was not there with many sellers, luckily they had this in stock.
3. Continental Contact MC5 : 6,050 (Global Tyres) Not so informed on this tyre.
4. Bridgestone Potenza : 7,100 (DBS Tyres) Brilliant looking tyre, no idea on its performance.

Few other points about my preferences :
1. I have had some real bad time with my Good Year Assurance. Road Noise, Punctures, Uneven Wear and Tear (Not so much on the tyre, but tough to maintain)
2. Ecosport has a not so comfortable suspension, so a tyre that can give more bit of comfort would be an added advantage.
3. Though I may not call off road, my car is often exposed to unpaved roads regularly.
4. Tyres could be put to all sort of surfaces, and also have regular high range drives with hair pins etc.
5. I am currently on 50K and I would expect the same or more from the Tyre which I am currently buying.

Added ones :
>>Yokohama Earth 1 is something I am very keen to know more on. I cannot find it on web, probably because they no longer make them. Loved the thread pattern, and I think they should be as good as the others in the list. Can you tell me on what to look for on these tyres since they are old ones ?

>> Continental also looks good, but I am not sure of its performance on our conditions. Any one using this ?

>> If I were to stretch my budget I may look at Potenza, just because of the looks. But they looked more sportier and not sure of its performance. Did not hear about many Ecosport Buyers using the same.

Looking forward to your comments. and Insights, as I have to get this ready before the monsoons starting this month end.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 00:36   #11267
BHPian
 
techfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leh
Posts: 287
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

I have just installed Bridgestone Potenza G III in my EcoSport. Changed from OE Goodyear Assurance and am damn happy.
These are silent and offer better grip for sure. Done about 100km so far, will report back once I complete about 300odd km and do a good high speed highway run. But as of now a little pliant ride and better grip for sure than the Assurance.

Before this have been using Potenza G-III in my Tata Indigo and again totally satisfied.

Last edited by techfreak : 19th May 2017 at 00:39.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 00:55   #11268
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 278
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
1. Michelin Primacy 3ST : 7,400 (Global Tyres) and 7,750 (DBS Tyres) per tyre
2. Yokohama Earth 1 : 5,850 (Global Tyres) This being an older tyre which is currently not in production was not there with many sellers, luckily they had this in stock.

Few other points about my preferences :
1. I have had some real bad time with my Good Year Assurance. Road Noise, Punctures, Uneven Wear and Tear (Not so much on the tyre, but tough to maintain)

3. Though I may not call off road, my car is often exposed to unpaved roads regularly.

5. I am currently on 50K and I would expect the same or more from the Tyre which I am currently buying.

Added ones :
>>Yokohama Earth 1 is something I am very keen to know more on. I cannot find it on web, probably because they no longer make them. Loved the thread pattern, and I think they should be as good as the others in the list. Can you tell me on what to look for on these tyres since they are old ones ?
>I thought the Michelin is priced close to 9k. At 7.5 it seems to be a good deal. This tyre is targeted mainly for executive saloons where low noise adds to the appeal and not for crossover which people buy to travel over less than perfect terrains.

>A lot of fellow Bhpians i know have purchased the Earth 1, which Yoko designed for India. So far they seem to be happy except for few cases. I thought they are not available for ES size. More details can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3710854 (Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India))

>If you want real tough tyres, try to get the SUV AT tyres. You need to upsize in this case. See this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3986907 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

>You will be surprised to know that i have a very nice experience with the stock MRF. Initially i was very worried after all the MRF ZV2K bashing you get from these threads. 3 years, 45K km and 18 roads trips later the tyre still has 30% tread left and only had 3 punctures (minor ones, deflating 10psi in a week and never a flat tyre). Yes road noise is there but its something i can live with especially considering how VFM they are. I have used them extensively on bad terrains, done top speeds attainable by car on open highways and never felt any less confident contrary to what people say. Given my usage i will always take tough tyres over softer more premium one which may offer low noise and better grip, as i find it better to live with the road noise than change tyre / repair puncture in the middle of a road trip. I wish the manufacturers release a AT tyre for the stock size, else i plan to get the MRF Wanderer which will be a step up from ZV2K (Comes as stock on duster)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 15:49   #11269
BHPian
 
peterjim13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kochi/S.Bathery
Posts: 435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
I have just installed Bridgestone Potenza G III in my EcoSport. Changed from OE Goodyear Assurance and am damn happy.
These are silent and offer better grip for sure.
Good to know, any thoughts on its performance on patchy / rough roads / or in terms of comfort on bad roads ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
>I thought the Michelin is priced close to 9k. At 7.5 it seems to be a good deal. This tyre is targeted mainly for executive saloons where low noise adds to the appeal and not for crossover which people buy to travel over less than perfect terrains.
I have heard mixed reviews on the tyre. Low noise of course would be a relief for Ecosport users like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
>So far they seem to be happy except for few cases. I thought they are not available for ES size. More details can be found here:
Earth 1 by far is the cheapest so far in terms of what I could find. I think they are no longer made and have limited availability (not informed on why).

The link had mentioned users of Earth 1 in Rim Size 14, 15 and not for 16. That amuses me too ! But would love to learn more about the tyre, coz in terms of the response on the URL the review has been great except for a few on and off cases.

[quote=Samfromindia;4201072]
>If you want real tough tyres, try to get the SUV AT tyres. [/url]

Not for this ! No real off road. Totally mixed use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
You will be surprised to know that i have a very nice experience with the stock MRF. Initially i was very worried after all the MRF ZV2K bashing you get from these threads.
Good to know Sam, I know a few other fellow bhpians who made the same comment.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:00   #11270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: jaipur
Posts: 33
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Spare Key

please can anyone clarify this

- i have bought a used ecosport 1.5P Titanium MT, it comes with keyless entry, previous owner gave me just one remote, did Titanium came with two keyless entry remote ?

Thanks,
JustStarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 10:33   #11271
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,724
Thanked: 2,814 Times
Default Re: Spare Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
did Titanium came with two keyless entry remote ?
If this helps: my '16 Titanium AT came with two remotes; very likely that yours should too.

Ask the owner to check; although, if you've already paid in full, there's little you can do now.

You might want to have the lockset changed since there's a missing key.
libranof1987 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:46   #11272
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 25
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Spare Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
please can anyone clarify this

- i have bought a used ecosport 1.5P Titanium MT, it comes with keyless entry, previous owner gave me just one remote, did Titanium came with two keyless entry remote ?

Thanks,
The ecoboost titanium one definitely came with two keyless modules. I don't see a reason why this should be any different for the 1.6 petrol version. Check with the owner.
Dhrubo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:47   #11273
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 320
Thanked: 200 Times
Default

Hi Tbhpians, got the delivery of my Ecosport TDCI Trend + (nicknamed MARTIAN) last Sunday. An initial ownership review is underway. I am loving the diesel grunt and the road presence of the Car specially after upgrading from a celerio AMT.

Do I miss the auto- seldom, the second and third gears give me an ample grunt to keep moving in the traffic. For sure it cannot match the convenience of a automatic but I am ok with the pleasures it gives me.

Got underbody treatment done from 3M two days back and got the nomad mats from 3M too.

And by the way mine also came with just one remote :(
justwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 14:06   #11274
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,724
Thanked: 2,814 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The insurance renewal is around the corner on my EcoSport and I've been checking policybazaar and New India Assurance websites.

The current policy is with NIA. On the NIA website, I don't see Engine Protector as an option; surprisingly, I have Engine Protector in my current policy!! Policybazaar doesn't list Engine Protector as an add-on under NIA either. Wonder how my agent got me that.

Attached is a screenshot of the available policies. I definitely want the Zero dep and Engine Protector add-on; and have set the IDV as 8.5.

What have other owners got?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-insurance.jpg  

libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 20:02   #11275
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 278
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
The ecoboost titanium one definitely came with two keyless modules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
And by the way mine also came with just one remote :(
My Diesel Titanium 2014 model came with a remote and a non remote key. The Titanium option or + have keyless module with a different set of keys. Its unlikely that the company will give two remote keys. Other owners can confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
Attached is a screenshot of the available policies. I definitely want the Zero dep and Engine Protector add-on; and have set the IDV as 8.5.

What have other owners got?
I am very happy with HDFC Ergo zero dep insurance which i got from a agent for the following reasons:
  • Cashless tie up with the Ford service center where i normally take my car to.
  • 5 zero dep claims / year compared to 2 of most other insurers.
  • Got a 50k claim settled smoothly a year back
  • VFM premium compared to market standards

Here is my quote from 2015 when IDV of my car was 8.5
Name:  unnamed.gif
Views: 2024
Size:  41.9 KB
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 23:15   #11276
BHPian
 
techfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leh
Posts: 287
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

My Ecoboost Titanium Option pack came with 2 keyless remote module with a physical key hidden inside for emergency use.
techfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 07:44   #11277
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,724
Thanked: 2,814 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
My Diesel Titanium 2014 model came with a remote and a non remote key. The Titanium option or + have keyless module with a different set of keys. Its unlikely that the company will give two remote keys. Other owners can confirm.
Mine is the Titanium AT (no Titanium +) and I got two remote keys.

My car has push button start/stop so no point having keys.

Probably Ford updated these things during the mild facelift?

Quote:
I am very happy with HDFC Ergo zero dep insurance which i got from a agent for the following reasons:
[list][*]Cashless tie up with the Ford service center where i normally take my car to.
Interesting. So, these cashless tie-ups are A.S.S-dependent not Ford-specific?

The dealer I bought my car from mentioned New India, Iffco Tokio, Tata AIG and Royal Sundaram as Ford-preferred and cashless.

But this dealer has shut down so I'll call up the next nearest and check who they have a tie-up with.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 08:48   #11278
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 824 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Attached is a screenshot of the available policies. I definitely want the Zero dep and Engine Protector add-on; and have set the IDV as 8.5.

What have other owners got?
I just renewed my 2016 Ecosport's (Titanium Plus Diesel) Insurance with HDFC ERGO in the past week. I paid 24705/- for 950000 IDV. I also had a claim in the past year due to dog hit.
Along with Zero Dep, other addons include engine and gearbox protector, consumables, NCB protection and road side assistance. I went through an Insurance broker for renewing my insurance.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 08:57   #11279
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 407 Times
Default

My 2015 Ecoboost Titanium has one remote key and one plain key. I guess 2 remote keys were provided for the models with push button start.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 09:18   #11280
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Doda
Posts: 20
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The insurance renewal is around the corner on my EcoSport and I've been checking policybazaar and New India Assurance websites.

The current policy is with NIA. On the NIA website, I don't see Engine Protector as an option; surprisingly, I have Engine Protector in my current policy!! Policybazaar doesn't list Engine Protector as an add-on under NIA either. Wonder how my agent got me that.

Attached is a screenshot of the available policies. I definitely want the Zero dep and Engine Protector add-on; and have set the IDV as 8.5.

What have other owners got?
Subsequent to completion of first year of 1.5 D titanium (9.25 ex showroom) with no claims in that period, I renewed the insurance by taking United India for 15k on an IDV of 7.92 lakhs. It is zero depreciation policy but not cashless. Not sure about engine protection.
gatsby_great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car for Parents: Hyundai Verna vs Ford EcoSport vs Ford Classic vs Maruti Ertiga iTNerd What Car? 60 12th October 2014 07:53
Ford EcoSport DIESEL Review GTO The Indian Car Scene 0 31st May 2013 11:51


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks