Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 31st May 2017, 10:17   #11296
BHPian

Default replacing two tyres

i am looking to replace two tyres in ecosport which i recently bought, previous owner changed two front tyres to Apollo Alnac 4G a year back, rear has stock Goodyear.

two new tyres for front and current front apollo tyres goes in rear, i am confused between apollo Alnac 4G and Bridgestone Potenza, should i stick to apollo so all 4 tyres remain of same brand(same tread pattern) or its okay to have different brand tyres ?

Thanks
JustStarted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2017, 14:43   #11297
BHPian

Don't get Bridgestone Potenza G-III..... Noisy and mileage goes down by 3 odd kms straight away.
I have all 4 recently changed to Potenza G-III.
Grip is good though n tread pattern looks good n is deep.

My suggestion would be to get Stock Goodyear.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:41   #11298
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
She then went on to say that I have to take the policy from a Ford dealer else the cashless facility won't be guaranteed outside Pune. Also that if I change vendors and want to take the engine protector add-on, there will be an inspection.

She just couldn't believe it that I took my insurance during car purchase by myself and not my Ford dealer. Went on to say that I took a risk.
The lady is lying. As long as you have an insurance policy from either of Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, New India Assurance or Iffco Tokio, none of the Ford workshops in India can deny cashless facility on an insurance claim.

For the first year I had an insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz(given free by the dealership). But when the time came for renewing the policy, I came to know that the policy could not be renewed online.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-error.jpg

The reason given by Bajaj Allianz was that it was bought through an agent(dealership) and hence it cannot be renewed online. After a lot of e-mail exchanges, Bajaj Allianz finally gave a link to make online payment.

But I found that Bajaj Allianz's insurance premium quote was atleast Rs 3-4K more than Royal Sundaram (Iffco Tokio website had some issues generating a quote and National Insurance website did not have an option to buy policy online). I promptly went ahead and bought a policy from Royal Sundaram's website.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:49   #11299
BHPian

I have a question regarding taxation for ecosport AT presently and post Gst. Is it true that being a 1.5 lit petrol and with ground clearance greater than 170 mm the present duty is 30% and post post Gst the net reduction could be 6-7% only on automatic variant? If yes then the titanium version could be available at a real 9 lac ex showroom bargain from next month.
hondacity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:52   #11300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
I have a question regarding taxation for ecosport AT presently and post Gst. Is it true that being a 1.5 lit petrol and with ground clearance greater than 170 mm the present duty is 30% and post post Gst the net reduction could be 6-7% only on automatic variant? If yes then the titanium version could be available at a real 9 lac ex showroom bargain from next month.
Until the GST is formally rolled out, we can't be sure about how the taxation will work.

Another thing: the facelift is around the corner so that provides another opportunity to get a good deal (if you want to go with the current outgoing model).
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 12:54   #11301
BHPian

A face-lift ecosport at with reduced pricing is the final icing on the cake.
hondacity is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 19:30   #11302

Anyone know what the spring part that latches the rear folding seat to the floor is called? Mine is jammed and doesn't lock the seat in place. I tried to push it back down not realising that the single seat's seat belt latch was in the way. Damaged both. Repair or replace?
roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 21:15   #11303
BHPian

Replacement is the only option !
ranjithrnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 23:16   #11304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadqueen View Post
Anyone know what the spring part that latches the rear folding seat to the floor is called? Mine is jammed and doesn't lock the seat in place. I tried to push it back down not realising that the single seat's seat belt latch was in the way. Damaged both. Repair or replace?
Post a pic of the item /part please.
techfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 00:03   #11305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadqueen View Post
I'm guessing the Latch could be welded, depending upon the condition its in.

For the seatbelt, I would definitely recommend replacement since it would have to bear a lot of force in case of a sudden deceleration or god forbid, a crash. You wouldn't want to compromise on that.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 00:06   #11306

Thats the latch part that clicks into the floor to anchor the seat. Know what it's called?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-squarequick_2017650321355.jpg  

roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 13:09   #11307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
It seems that you called up their sales office. Their job is to sell cars and overpriced insurance. Their bonus depends on it. So their behavior is quite natural. Simply go to the authorized workshop which is near you and talk with the service adviser who deals in repairs. Ask which insurance providers have cashless tie ups with them. No need to say where you are planning to but car from their sales branch or just say preowned. Inquire the same in some other workshop in case you have multiple in your area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The lady is lying. As long as you have an insurance policy from either of Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, New India Assurance or Iffco Tokio, none of the Ford workshops in India can deny cashless facility on an insurance claim.
I escalated this to Ford; spoke with Customer Care who reiterated that cashless facility outside my city will be honored only if the insurance policy is purchased through the dealer.

I asked the agent to reiterate this again, and he did. When I told him that the amount the dealer is quoting is higher than what I can see online, he said that, "you're paying more for the hassle-free experience".

Got fed up and dropped Ford an email with IRDA Ombudsman in cc; Ford called up a couple of times to check what the issue is and kept up saying something about Ford preferred vendors.

When I specifically asked him for a yes/no, he took the dealer (Talera Ford) on con-call and asked him: the Talera Ford guy said, there is 95% similarity between buying the policy online vs. from the dealer. The 5% advantage of buying from the dealer is a better rate on consumables (nuts, bolts, oils).

Now that the IRDA has been brought into the conversation (just a one-way email from me to them), Ford and the dealer's language has suddenly changed.

I've asked for a quote for zero-dep and engine protector policy from Bajaj Allianz; I'll check what the dealer says vs. online and then decide.

The system suggests a 7.5 lakhs IDV whereas I'm looking at something in the range of 8-8.5.
libranof1987 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 15:07   #11308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I escalated this to Ford; spoke with Customer Care who reiterated that cashless facility outside my city will be honored only if the insurance policy is purchased through the dealer.

I asked the agent to reiterate this again, and he did. When I told him that the amount the dealer is quoting is higher than what I can see online, he said that, "you're paying more for the hassle-free experience".

Got fed up and dropped Ford an email with IRDA Ombudsman in cc; Ford called up a couple of times to check what the issue is and kept up saying something about Ford preferred vendors.

When I specifically asked him for a yes/no, he took the dealer (Talera Ford) on con-call and asked him: the Talera Ford guy said, there is 95% similarity between buying the policy online vs. from the dealer. The 5% advantage of buying from the dealer is a better rate on consumables (nuts, bolts, oils).

Now that the IRDA has been brought into the conversation (just a one-way email from me to them), Ford and the dealer's language has suddenly changed.

I've asked for a quote for zero-dep and engine protector policy from Bajaj Allianz; I'll check what the dealer says vs. online and then decide.

The system suggests a 7.5 lakhs IDV whereas I'm looking at something in the range of 8-8.5.
I have a feeling that the dealer is acting smart and trying to blackmail you with this denying cashless facility non-sense.

The Ford preferred Insurance company, which has a tie up with Ford, has to anyway pay them for the repairs, regardless of whether you have to taken the policy directly through the insurance co or through the dealership. The insurance policy one buys for a car is valid throughout the country. It is the insurance co that the has the right to deny or accept a claim. Ford cannot do that and quite foolishly that dealership is behaving like an Insurance co itself!!!!

I suspect a racket is being run behind the scenes, hope IRDA takes both Ford and that dealership to task.

I found Ford Customer Care fellows to be generally ignorant about Ford related issues. Take for example, the Day/night dimming reverse camera IRVM accessory issue that I faced in my Figo . The manual clearly stated that the IRVM had auto-dimming feature but after installation it wasn't auto-dimming. After escalating with Ford Customer care, one guy from Ford, Chennai, foolishly and quite arrogantly claimed that the day/night functionality of the IRVM will only work if the IRVM is installed in the Ecosport and not in any other Ford car!!!! What I found out much later is that the IRVM in the Ecosport has auto-dimming feature but it does not have reverse camera display in it, which means it was completely different IRVM model!!! Those fellows do not even even have basic knowledge about their own products.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 23:11   #11309
BHPian

After the 60000 service, my car started getting the "water in fuel " indicator everytime i filled diesel. The indicator goes away if the engine is shut for a few minutes.
Assuming it to be a problem with the new fuel filter, or sensor or actually water in fuel, I took it to the service center. They didnt check the car ( as they had closed by then) but advised that it is the signal for a weakening battery and I should consider a replacement soon.
Srinivas C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 07:57   #11310
BHPian

That could be a potential issue, but have a battery test done before.
bageherath is offline   Reply With Quote