Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th July 2017, 19:51   #11341
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: 2013 Ford Ecosport: Ride quality Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Hi Jaggu. Car has done 50k Km tyres are oem size. Recommended pressure 30-35.
Keep it at 30psi. The suspension is stiff. What tyres did you have on before the Yokos?
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 20:05   #11342
eko
BHPian

Most of car manufacturers recommend the same tyre pressure for front and rear tyres. There is no logic in this ( The engine is in front and passengers in front). If the car is loaded with rear passengers and luggage, then there is logic. Normal case is no rear passengers and no luggage. In this scenario it is better to reduce your rear tyre pressure by, say - 5 psi, lower than recommended. Take it to 25 psi ( We can make our on experiments on a safe side.). Reducing the rear tyre pressure will reduce the bumpiness at rear.

Last edited by eko : 13th July 2017 at 20:07.
eko is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 20:14   #11343
SDP
Team-BHP Support

If the car has already done about 50k kms, I wont be surprised if this issue is caused by the struts themselves. Please get them checked.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 20:16   #11344
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi Guys!
My Ecosport AT showed "Engine Malfunction, Service Now" Warning and wouldn't crank up. My Authorized Ford Service guy told me that it could be battery. Since I have RSA by FORD I called them up as well and they mentioned it could be because of battery and they will send a technician tomorrow AM.

My question is that since all lights go off on their own after some time when the car is locked. How can battery get drained out ? Isn't the lights that are left on get shut in ecosport. That is my understanding. Need your help to drill down on FORD and Service guy- I think it can't be simply a battery issue.

Thanks in Advance folks
SaneOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 20:18   #11345
BHPian

car came with goodyear.

im just wondering if this is because of the tyres or if the service guys screwed up my suspension while changing the bush. I've been having issues with my service station in chennai. I had sent the car 3 times for fixing a noise issue, every time they said it is fixed but problem persisted the very next day.

finally those guys told me it is do with the suspension bush and replaced that. now noise is not there but suspension is screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If the car has already done about 50k kms, I wont be surprised if this issue is caused by the struts themselves. Please get them checked.
Im surprised as the car was fine all this while. after replacing the bush it is screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko View Post
Most of car manufacturers recommend the same tyre pressure for front and rear tyres. There is no logic in this ( The engine is in front and passengers in front). If the car is loaded with rear passengers and luggage, then there is logic. Normal case is no rear passengers and no luggage. In this scenario it is better to reduce your rear tyre pressure by, say - 5 psi, lower than recommended. Take it to 25 psi ( We can make our on experiments on a safe side.). Reducing the rear tyre pressure will reduce the bumpiness at rear.
thanks, will try this i guess before taking it back to service station.

Last edited by Eddy : 13th July 2017 at 20:44. Reason: Please do not post back to back messages on the same thread. Use the edit option to modify your post within 30 minutes. Thanks
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 21:55   #11346
BHPian

My Fiesta did have this option where the internal lights go off automatically, i haven't explicitly checked on the headlights for they always beep when you don't turn them off. My first battery on the Fiesta lasted for 5.5 years, i hope for the same with my Ecosport AT as well
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 22:06   #11347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
Hi Guys!
My Ecosport AT showed "Engine Malfunction, Service Now" Warning and wouldn't crank up. My Authorized Ford Service guy told me that it could be battery. Since I have RSA by FORD I called them up as well and they mentioned it could be because of battery and they will send a technician tomorrow AM.

My question is that since all lights go off on their own after some time when the car is locked. How can battery get drained out ? Isn't the lights that are left on get shut in ecosport. That is my understanding. Need your help to drill down on FORD and Service guy- I think it can't be simply a battery issue.

Thanks in Advance folks
Make sure nothing is plugged into the cigarette lighter 12V socket. It remains powered even when the car is turned off.
Telling this as a reason for possible battery drain, not sure if that is the actual cause of the error.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 22:21   #11348
Team-BHP Support

Facing a strange issue with my Ecosport TDCi. It's not completely new but I've been able to sort of put my finger on it recently.

The engine feels gruff and sluggish if the outside temp is cool. This is irrespective of the engine being warmed up after 4-5 kms. However, if the outside temp is warm like in late 20's or 30's the engine is noticeably smoother and free revving.

When the temp in early morning or evening/night is like early 20's it starts acting up and just feels like it's dragging.

Not sure if cold air intake temp is causing some sensor malfunction to reduce fuelling....
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 22:42   #11349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure if cold air intake temp is causing some sensor malfunction to reduce fuelling.
Can you try with the MAF sensor disconnected?

That's what comes in my mind first.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 12:22   #11350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
When the temp in early morning or evening/night is like early 20's it starts acting up and just feels like it's dragging.
Really strange. My S-Cross 1.6 loves cooler air and engine is smooth and more free revving. Where is the IAT sensor in Ecosport? Does it take the reading from MAF sensor itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you try with the MAF sensor disconnected?
ECU adjusts the fuelling based on values from MAF sensor too. Most of the cars throw up CEL if MAF is disconnected and ECU doesn't get proper data. I have observed more smoke and CEL when MAF is disconnected.
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 14:02   #11351
eko
BHPian

You have not mentioned the odometer reading. Over the time, there are carbon deposits on the oxygen sensor and nobody bothers to clean it. Especially the ASS guys. Take out the oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold and clean it. The fuel input also depends on the oxygen sensor. I have cleaned my oxygen sensor and the engine ran smoother. There are videos on YouTube about oxygen sensor cleaning.
eko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 15:20   #11352
BHPian

Quote:
car came with goodyear.
Just to add my views here.

I do not think it is anything with the Tyres. And 35psi is a bit too much for the stock size Tyres as the suspension is already stiff. After experimenting a lot with tyre pressures and mileage i still stick to 32psi on all 4.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 17:10   #11353
BHPian

Quote:
car came with goodyear.

im just wondering if this is because of the tyres or if the service guys screwed up my suspension while changing the bush. I've been having issues with my service station in chennai. I had sent the car 3 times for fixing a noise issue, every time they said it is fixed but problem persisted the very next day.

finally those guys told me it is do with the suspension bush and replaced that. now noise is not there but suspension is screwed up.

Im surprised as the car was fine all this while. after replacing the bush it is screwed up.

thanks, will try this i guess before taking it back to service station.
Wheel alignment was done before changing the tires, is it required to be done after changing as well?

also for ecosport, should i do wheel alignment only at ASS??

Values of alignment report -

Front caster left - initial 5.53 final 5.55
right - initial 5.54 final 5.56
Front camber left - initial -0.75 final -0.75
right - initial -0.82 final -0.83
Front toe left - initial 1.1 mm final 1.1 mm
right - initial 1.2 mm final 1.2 mm
total - initial 2.3 mm final 2.3 mm

Rear Camber left - initial -1.46 final -1.46
right - initial -1.39 final -1.39
Rear toe left - initial -0.7 mm final -0.7 mm
right - initial 1.2 mm final 1.2 mm
total - initial 0.6 mm final 0.6 mm

Are these ok?

Last edited by switz : 14th July 2017 at 17:22. Reason: added question
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 18:09   #11354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have not mentioned the odometer reading. Over the time, there are carbon deposits on the oxygen sensor and nobody bothers to clean it. Especially the ASS guys. Take out the oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold and clean it. The fuel input also depends on the oxygen sensor. I have cleaned my oxygen sensor and the engine ran smoother. There are videos on YouTube about oxygen sensor cleaning.
OP has mentioned about difference in performance with respect to outside air temperature. Engine loves cooler air, but it's opposite in this case.

AFR / O2 sensor is present just before catalytic converter in most of the diesel cars. There is no secondary O2 sensor. Also I doubt O2 sensor cleaning would be of any use here. It should be MAF / IAT sensor
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 19:39   #11355
BHPian

Quote:

Whenever running your car, please ensure that you maintain atleast the same pressure as front tires. 25psi is too low and could lead to a tire blowout.

Please do not try / recommend such uneducated experiments as it could become fatal when the luck runs out.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Surya-TJet is offline   Reply With Quote