Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 19:46   #5761
BHPian

Re: Look what I found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Dear BHPians

How many Free Services does the Ecosport come with, 2 or 3? I only have two coupons and since I'm coming from Hyundai I'm the one whose got 3 Free Services.

Further, Yesterday when I opened the Glove Box to reach for the Manual, I found a Zebra WhereTag IV basically used to Locate Assets such as a Specific Vehicle in the Ford Factory.

The eco sport comes with two free services , first at 2500Kms/ 3months, second at 10000Kms/ 12 months and hence two coupons in the booklet.

This Zebra where tag incident you have mentioned talks a lot about whats happening at ford assembly lines.

Irony is they have invested in a technology to locate items/ cars..but even god cant help if you cant locate the item that provides that technology. Its apt to say " Ford has just lost it"
I say you keep it as a memorabilia
Old 28th November 2013, 19:50   #5762
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Today I received a promotional email from Ford about the accessories I can choose to buy from them.

The prices seem to have come down! I see that Spare Wheel cover now costs 8652/- (I am not sure if you add labour and taxes it comes to 11k that everyone seems to have paid)

Can anyone confirm?

Access the full list here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...thDelhiMRP.pdf
Old 29th November 2013, 00:11   #5763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi Guys !
Just a quick question.. are the MRF tyres really bad..Would be happy if the experts could give their 2 cents on this as my ecosport has been delivered with MRF's and i havent faced any issues as yet !
If you are happy and confident with MRFs then don't bother about negative reviews.You will unnecessarily start looking for flaws

As for the 2 cents the yokos, michellins and the pirellis are more stable at high speeds, on wet roads, cornering,also reduce fishtailing.

Please have a look at my initial ownership thread and ecosport tyre,wheel upgrade thread for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Today I received a promotional email from Ford about the accessories I can choose to buy from them.
The prices seem to have come down! I see that Spare Wheel cover now costs 8652/- (I am not sure if you add labour and taxes it comes to 11k that everyone seems to have paid)
.pdf[/url]
I got the same mail pen pavan.

All prices are supposed to be inclusive of installation and labour, it's only that the dealers are ripping customers apart.(dealers are like hungry wolves seeing meat after a long starvation-slow down in figo sales and now getting the ecosport)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 29th November 2013 at 00:36.
Old 29th November 2013, 09:35   #5764
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi Guys !

Just a quick question.. are the MRF tyres really bad... or is it just hearsay blown outta proportion ? Would be happy if the experts could give their 2 cents on this as my ecosport has been delivered with MRF's and i havent faced any issues as yet !
They are OK for drivers who don't drive too aggressively. Change to something else after 40000kms at the latest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post

Can anyone confirm?
This was roughly the price earlier as well and about the same as what I paid. Add Rs. 3k for paint. Outside you can get it painted for half as much though.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:17   #5765
Senior - BHPian

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...-rating/17445/

Quote:
On the other hand, the new Ford EcoSport also scored an excellent 93 per cent score for adults and 77 per cent for children, while winning praise for its performance in the tough side pole test. But it let down in areas of pedestrian impact protection–particularly in the pelvic area and the lack of rear-seat seatbelt reminders and speed limitation device.

Other cars awarded a 4-star safety rating include Nissan Note, Mercedes-Benz Citan Kombi MPV and Volkswagen's T5 van.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:20   #5766

My ecosport trend diesel gives a pretty low fuel efficiency figure. Just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or is it just me. Got a figure of around 11.8 on a tankful to tankful method. It was 90% city with AC always on. But still I believe the figure is pretty low. When I say 90% in city the traffic is not as bad as Mumbai. I live in Thrissur(Kerala) now.

I got another tankful a few days back, drove around for 170 kms and again filled it up to the brim. Did the math only to find out that my FE is 12.5 km/l. It was again 70% in city with AC always on. Have run only 2300 kms so far. Got to check with the dealer when I go in for the first service.
Old 29th November 2013, 15:31   #5767
BHPian

Got my Ecosport 1.5P - Kinetic blue delivery 2 days back, will be uploading pics ext soon. Waiting to go on a not-so-longgggg drive tommorow on either NICE road or airport road. One quick question, the moment I hit a speed beyond 30, I see a chime sign on the dash, with speedometer kind of sign and 30. How to change the speed limit? I tried to tunr off the alert chime, but don't want to do it for the warning one. Any clue anyone?
Old 29th November 2013, 15:34   #5768
BHPian

Cancelled Ecosport and got the full refund of Rs 50K from Chennai Ford without deductions. Thank God for small mercies.

But one thing I am yet to come to grips with is - not a single question asked as to why I want to cancel when I communicated my decision to cancel. The dealer almost seemed to welcome the prospect. !!
Old 29th November 2013, 15:37   #5769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Got my Ecosport 1.5P - Kinetic blue delivery 2 days back, will be uploading pics ext soon. Waiting to go on a not-so-longgggg drive tommorow on either NICE road or airport road. One quick question, the moment I hit a speed beyond 30, I see a chime sign on the dash, with speedometer kind of sign and 30. How to change the speed limit? I tried to tunr off the alert chime, but don't want to do it for the warning one. Any clue anyone?
Seems you haven't read the manual yet. Refer the manual, it has exact directions to play with these controls. Anyway congratulations for the splendid purchase.

In short, you need to short press the top button on the left hand joystick to toggle between the various display options. Once, you get to the Speed Alarm Display do a long press on the button, until the display starts blinking. After that each successive short press will change the alarm speed. You can select the setting by either Long Pressing again, or by just waiting patiently until it comes out of the Edit Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post

But one thing I am yet to come to grips with is - not a single question asked as to why I want to cancel when I communicated my decision to cancel. The dealer almost seemed to welcome the prospect. !!
When there are ten bookings to a cancellation, and for very good reason, one wouldn't expect them to really care about the latter.
I don't endorse this way of working and especially servicing customers, but this is the way most people tend to operate.
That said, what do you think can be the reason, for you to so desire an opportunity to give them a piece of your mind?
If you have made a hard (and hopefully firm) decision, why not be happy with it and let bygones be bygones?

Last edited by roy_libran : 29th November 2013 at 15:43.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 15:42   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Seems you haven't read the manual yet. Refer the manual, it has exact directions to play with these controls. Anyway congratulations for the splendid purchase.

In short, you need to short press the top button on the left hand joystick to toggle between the various display options. Once, you get to the Speed Alarm Display do a long press on the button, until the display starts blinking. After that each successive short press will change the alarm speed. You can select the setting by either Long Pressing again, or by just waiting patiently until it comes out of the Edit Mode.
Thanks mate. Yes, I know I have been a BAD one and not read it yet. I took it out and had started but kept it in, to safeguard it with my 2 yr old who seems to have more interest in it than me, future bhpian. :-)
nitinr30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 16:07   #5771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerate89 View Post
My ecosport trend diesel gives a pretty low fuel efficiency figure. Just wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or is it just me. Got a figure of around 11.8 on a tankful to tankful method. It was 90% city with AC always on. But still I believe the figure is pretty low. When I say 90% in city the traffic is not as bad as Mumbai. I live in Thrissur(Kerala) now.

I got another tankful a few days back, drove around for 170 kms and again filled it up to the brim. Did the math only to find out that my FE is 12.5 km/l. It was again 70% in city with AC always on. Have run only 2300 kms so far. Got to check with the dealer when I go in for the first service.
My FE with auto climate control on in the city is around 14kmpl. With a mix of ac and non-ac, i get around 15.5kmpl.
Old 29th November 2013, 16:23   #5772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
My FE with auto climate control on in the city is around 14kmpl. With a mix of ac and non-ac, i get around 15.5kmpl.

But isn't that pretty low? 15.5 is kind of okay, but i believe 12 km/l is too low for a car which is rated in the vicinity off 22 by ARAI. The MID on my linea petrol shows average FE figures in 10-13 range. Now I will have to do a long highway drive to check what I get on highways.
Old 29th November 2013, 16:48   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerate89 View Post

After driving the ecosport TDCi T(+) for 5000 kms (2200 kms highways) I get 14.5-16 kmpl in city and highways , ACC/AC always on.
However I expect more mileage on the highways , around 18ish .
Old 29th November 2013, 17:01   #5774
VBR
BHPian

Hello bhpians!

It's been quite a while since I posted here. After a LONG wait of about 5 months, got the delivery of my ecosport yesterday. Lot of excitement and emotions. Will start an initial ownership thread soon.

Unfortunately the car sits on MRF'S. Although I really want to change them to yokos /michelins, my dad funded me for the car, and he would do the same for the tyres /accessories (PS: I'm 18). His immediate reaction when I spoke to him about the tyre change was "why do you want to change the tyres on a brand new car?" He seems pretty determined that he wouldn't. To all my fellow bhpians out there, are MRF's really that bad?
Old 29th November 2013, 18:37   #5775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
To all my fellow bhpians out there, are MRF's really that bad?
Got mine with MRF;s too... have decided to stick with them as I havent faced any problem as yet and feel they are quite nice infact.

If i were to change them with Michelin then that was another thing but Goodyear and MRF are pretty similar in my opinion.

Most Viewed