Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th September 2013, 17:32   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
At least at Chennai. The jubilant Nissan showroom was nice the staff followed up with multiple calls and test drives. Didn't pay the booking amount but. I wouldn't complaint about the sales experience at all.
We too checked out the Micra XL with a test drive from Jain Jubilant OMR Chennai. The experience was good. We are impressed with the vehicle's space ,ride and quality feel. The pickup was good enough and the test drive was done around our home with some bad road patches, traffic which are typical of our usage area. We didn't have any problem with the ground clearance though we were 4 adults and a 12 year old in the car.

The i10 was considered too but it doesn't compare with the Micra. In fact we felt the i20 is a closer comparison and it beats the Micra only a bit in the space, richer feel and equipment level. The pickup feels slower in the i20.

The Micra CVT is yet to be checked out and will probably be selected if we decide on an auto tranny. If we decide to go for manual gearbox, the toss up will be between the Micra XL and i20 Sportz/Asta.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 19:17   #182
BHPian

During my research on the availability of Micra I had called the Nissan dealer in Chennai (Avenue Nissan) and the response I got was very crisp and clear. But I live in Bangalore and cannot base my decision of buying the car based on the quality of service offered in Chennai.
kaizanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 15:30   #183
Senior - BHPian

My cousin in Ambala Cantt. bought a Micra Deisel on Sunday , basically from Army Canteen as my Tayaji (my father's elder brother) was in Army... & Ambala's got a Nissan dealership.

I will be driving to Ambala on the 30th to have a dekho .
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 12:40   #184
BHPian

I'm facing a similar dilemma as the Bangalore dealership is terrible and wife wants Micra CVT. Have held back so far. Will check it out once again in Dec, as we need to make a purchase pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
During my research on the availability of Micra I had called the Nissan dealer in Chennai (Avenue Nissan) and the response I got was very crisp and clear. But I live in Bangalore and cannot base my decision of buying the car based on the quality of service offered in Chennai.
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 12:32   #185
BHPian

Nissa India have revamped their website (http://www.nissan.in/) and the info of all the vehicles in their portfolio can be directly looked in this website rather than the earlier "A website for a car" policy. All the accessories and specs of the vehicle are also displayed.

Even if you type (http://www.nissanmicra.com) you will be sent to the new website. IMHO the new website is far more superior to the old website.

Thanks,

Achyuth
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-untitled.png  

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 24th November 2013 at 12:35.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 22:48   #186
Senior - BHPian

Really liked this alloys on the Canadian(?) Micra. And the black treatment on the ORVM and spoiler. The color too looks hot.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2015nissanmicra81.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2015nissanmicra101.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2015nissanmicra41.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2015nissanmicra71.jpg
thoma is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2014, 16:40   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Really liked this alloys on the Canadian(?) Micra. And the black treatment on the ORVM and spoiler. The color too looks hot.
think thats the Micra SR with 109hp 1.6l engine.

[/FONT]http://www.carscoops.com/2014/01/201...nada-only.html

Last edited by eatdust : 31st March 2014 at 16:44.
eatdust is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 09:47   #188
Senior - BHPian

With Datsun Go being launched, footfalls to the Nissan showrooms have doubled. I am hoping that people choose Micra or Micra Active over the basic Datsun Go.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 10:55   #189
BHPian

Thanks to fellow bhpian amtak for sharing this information.

Nissan micra now comes with additional features like 4 airbags, Electro chromic mirror with Rear view camera, tailgate mounted rearview camera.

Great move by Nissan IMO! But these features are only available for XV D Premium and not for any petrol variant

Attaching the link of the website which confirms the news.
amansanc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 01:23   #190
BHPian

Booked a Micra CVT for Dad earlier this week! Seemed to be the most value for money proposition in terms of equipment offered for the price as compared to the Grand i10 Asta AT & Brio VX AT.

Why do I not see any ownership reviews for the Micra CVT on the forum? Any other Petrol Micra owners here who would like to share their ownership experience so far, especially around service costs, performance of the vehicle, etc?

Last edited by raamki : 18th June 2014 at 01:32. Reason: typo
raamki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 03:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Why do I not see any ownership reviews for the Micra CVT on the forum? Any other Petrol Micra owners here who would like to share their ownership experience so far, especially around service costs, performance of the vehicle, etc?
Congrats! Not many Micra petrol reviews on the forum except the below two, the latter being regularly updated:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...blue-baby.html (Nissan Micra Active XL: All about my blue baby)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ownership.html
thoma is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 07:10   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why do I not see any ownership reviews for the Micra CVT on the forum?
Yes, can't find any ownership reviews of the CVT in here. Please go ahead and create one for our benefit. I for one will love to read it as I am actively looks for an automatic.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 08:31   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Micra CVT for Dad earlier this week! Seemed to be the most value for money proposition in terms of equipment offered for the price as compared to the Grand i10 Asta AT & Brio VX AT.

Can you share the pricing details of the Micra CVT?

Thanks!
deepakv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 11:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Congrats! Not many Micra petrol reviews on the forum except the below two, the latter being regularly updated:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...blue-baby.html (Nissan Micra Active XL: All about my blue baby)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ownership.html
Thank You! Yeah, I did read the second one but was surprised not to find any CVT specific ownership reviews. Close to 3000 Micra's sold in the last 3 months and not a single ownership review on the forum, hmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, can't find any ownership reviews of the CVT in here. Please go ahead and create one for our benefit. I for one will love to read it as I am actively looks for an automatic.
I am not going to be the primary user of the car, my Dad is! Will probably get to drive it only once/twice a month when we visit them! Will try and put together information of my experience with the car when time permits (in line with the forum guidelines on ownership threads), if not will share developments via this thread instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Can you share the pricing details of the Micra CVT?

Thanks!
Sure. OTR price for the CVT including extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th years in Road Tax crazy Bangalore is INR 7,69,495, this figure EXCLUDES Insurance. The Dealer was quoting approx. 30+ for Comprehensive cover + the Depreciation add on but I got a separate quote from Bharti AXA for a similar cover for about 9k cheaper. Shahwar said they will match the best price I get on Insurance, have to see how that goes!

We have also been promised a Corp Discount of INR 4000, freebie in the form of reverse parking sensors and a waiver on the standard fitment charges. We're also trading our Punto in for 3,25,000. I must also mention that the Car Valuation figures on the Team BHP tool were spot on, Shahwar Nissan & Magnum Honda offered the best quotes for the Punto while Trident Hyundai was no where close!

Last edited by raamki : 18th June 2014 at 11:49. Reason: typo
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2014, 11:44   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was surprised not to find any CVT specific ownership reviews. Close to 3000 Micra's sold in the last 3 months and not a single ownership review on the forum, hmm!
I feel that ownership reviews have come down a bit in general. Close to 30k Celerios have been sold in 5 months and only a couple of initial drive experiences!

Looking forward for your ownership review, please use a dedicated thread even if it is short, and try to update when possible. If you sketch it here, the review will get lost for the public.

Last edited by thoma : 18th June 2014 at 11:47.
thoma is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote