Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 11:13   #91
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,301
Thanked: 8,112 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree with you. It is pretty loaded for a hatch. How is CVT performance BTW. I mean compared to i10 and A-Star ATs. Any idea? Autocar says CVT is lazy. But I do not gove much credit to these jurnos' comments. They jump off a Jaguar or Porsche into Micra and then they say it is slow. Their comparisons have to be on even keel.

Moved our discussion here. I am not sure about Micra performance. I hear it may not be all that great (Need to confirm). But for a city car, I think its a perfect upgrade. Esp. give the FE!

I also later edited my post on the Ecosport thread for the i10 AT upgrade. I think Micra CVT makes sense if one is looking at it as second car. If its a first car, then requirements need to be re-evaluated.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 13:55   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 707 Times
Thumbs up Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

The new latest brochure which I received in my email today. I didn't find any mention of the Nissan Micra Active in this brochure.

Micra MC LEAFLET_22X22CM1.pdf

EDIT: Price list here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3181050 (The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals)

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 17th July 2013 at 13:59. Reason: Added link to new car price thread.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2013, 14:12   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 80
Thanked: 4 Times
Smile Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The new latest brochure which I received in my email today. I didn't find any mention of the Nissan Micra Active in this brochure.

Active has a different brochure I reckon.
nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 21:07   #94
BHPian
 
Achyuth Vaibhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vellore(TN,Ind)
Posts: 374
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Those 155/80R13 tyres on the lower variants of the Micra Active look tiny , especially when compared to the 175/60R15 ones on the higher variants of the facelifted Micra. With the base variants also lacking ABS, I think a tyre upgrade right out of the showroom would be highly recommended. Good thing that Nissan has provided 13" wheels with 4.5" width - enabling an easy upgrade to good quality 175/70R13 tyres or 185/70R13 ones. The latter should also increase the ground clearance by a good 6mm while being within 3% of overall diameter change, as long as there is no fouling with the wheel arches.

Agreed with you, informed owners will change the tyre but primarily, I doubt the sales of the base variant as the Active is cheaper and has all the safety feature and the XL (O) is just a few thousands away. No one would value styling over safety and that's the thing the base Micra will hardly sell. It will get cannibalized by it's own siblings. Now coming to the tyre matter, the will be no fouling with the wheel arches and the ride would'nt be hampered as well (Depends on the tyre profile) and also the stock GC.


Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 10:32   #95
BHPian
 
chaudh2s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 186
Thanked: 233 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday, and i must admit i was thouroghly impressed by the driving characteristics of the car. As somebody pointed out in the previous posts, i too take the judgement of journos with a pinch of salt. One should make out his/her own judgement by test driving one. Since, i am driving a punto for the last 4 years, i wasn't too impressed with the ride (similar to my honda city ZX) but engine response was good, noise acceptable inside cabin, rubber band effect wasn't much of an issue as it is made out to be by some. Couldn't take it on a highway, but city drive was an absolute breeze. Only thing which prevents me from buying this one is the price, which at 7.20L onroad delhi is on a higher side. This is 2.0L more than an Astar AT. So, as an only car for a family (doing both city and highway) it makes sense, but for just city drives, i think cheaper AT's make more sense as the price difference is substantial.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 11:37   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 385
Thanked: 345 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday,
Just checked with the local Nissan dealership (Lakshmi Nissan). Their demo/test cars have still not arrived. Apparently across South Indian dealerships, its due only by July-end. So your early preview is most welcome.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 12:27   #97
BHPian
 
Achyuth Vaibhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vellore(TN,Ind)
Posts: 374
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday.
Are you contemplating a buy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just checked with the local Nissan dealership (Lakshmi Nissan). Their demo/test cars have still not arrived. Apparently across South Indian dealerships, its due only by July-end. So your early preview is most welcome.

I would highly disagree on that point. The South Indian Dealerships are bound to get the TD car more quickly than the north. Perhaps it must have gone for a spin. In my town, the TD vehicles have arrived. Are you also contemplating a buy?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 13:13   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 977
Thanked: 676 Times
Default

In Delhi, I'm getting an offer for same day delivery unless I'm finicky about color
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 15:49   #99
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 777
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I am interested in the new Micra Petrol, but its not available fully loaded like the new Micra Diesel :/

I dont really need a Diesel as my drive is not that much, mainly city 80:20 outings.

Not thought of the the CVT as I think the engine power is too low for occasional highway/mountain drive outings.

Has anyone test driven these & any opinions?
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2013, 19:16   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 181
Thanked: 141 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I test drove the CVT petrol recently. Not a bad car by any means. Easy to drive in the city. Decent performance. The rubber band effect is there but it is something you will not notice in the city.

Fit and finish was pretty good.

But the price was on the higher side. In the end I decided against it due to not being so sure about Nissan After Sales service and also the price.



Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I am interested in the new Micra Petrol, but its not available fully loaded like the new Micra Diesel :/

I dont really need a Diesel as my drive is not that much, mainly city 80:20 outings.

Not thought of the the CVT as I think the engine power is too low for occasional highway/mountain drive outings.

Has anyone test driven these & any opinions?
etrast75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 08:57   #101
BHPian
 
whymeonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 40
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I need a small automatic car for Dehradun Valley. It will be driven mostly by my wife in city. She has switched her choice to micra cvt from brio vxat, suddenly for some reason. Will this CVT be able to drive me to Mussorie without me getting down and holding the car halfway?
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
Can some one endorse her decision to help me go ahead in placing orders?
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 13:36   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,892
Thanked: 1,074 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I need a small automatic car for Dehradun Valley. It will be driven mostly by my wife in city. She has switched her choice to micra cvt from brio vxat, suddenly for some reason. Will this CVT be able to drive me to Mussorie without me getting down and holding the car halfway?
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
Can some one endorse her decision to help me go ahead in placing orders?
I would say close your eyes and buy Micra CVT. Nissan is no less a brand than Honda. Coming to Micra versus Brio, Micra is loaded up with features. Keyless start is such a wonderfull feature. No fumbling with key. Also, it is feather-touch start. Just touch the button and take your hand off it. It will start after 1 or 2 seconds. It is not direct start. When we direct start car manually, we over-crank or under-crank. Over-cranking damages starter motor and those irritating under-crankings mean multiple attempts. The one in Micra is so blissfull. I was just playing with this start/stop button when yestearday i took it for a test-spin. Then there is automatic aircon and auto-folding mirrors on locking the car.

In my opinion, Brio falls in no-man's land. Neither loaded up like Micra nor a scorcher like Polo DSG. Also that ugly dash-board and shop-window like rear glass of Brio is big no no for me.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 13:45   #103
BHPian
 
Achyuth Vaibhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vellore(TN,Ind)
Posts: 374
Thanked: 207 Times
Thumbs up Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I would say close your eyes and buy Micra CVT. Nissan is no less a brand than Honda. Coming to Micra versus Brio, Micra is loaded up with features. Keyless start is such a wonderfull feature. No fumbling with key. Also, it is feather-touch start. Just touch the button and take your hand off it. It will start after 1 or 2 seconds. It is not direct start. When we direct start car manually, we over-crank or under-crank. Over-cranking damages starter motor and those irritating under-crankings mean multiple attempts. The one in Micra is so blissfull. I was just playing with this start/stop button when yestearday i took it for a test-spin. Then there is automatic aircon and auto-folding mirrors on locking the car.

In my opinion, Brio falls in no-man's land. Neither loaded up like Micra nor a scorcher like Polo DSG. Also that ugly dash-board and shop-window like rear glass of Brio is big no no for me.
Brio's rear looks like an improper haircut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I need a small automatic car for Dehradun Valley. It will be driven mostly by my wife in city. She has switched her choice to micra cvt from brio vxat, suddenly for some reason. Will this CVT be able to drive me to Mussorie without me getting down and holding the car halfway?
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
Can some one endorse her decision to help me go ahead in placing orders?
Definitely Micra CVT. The CVT is smooth, Nissan's brand image is equal to Honda, gizmos are in abundance, space and boot is no worry, Styling is much more better than the Brio. The CVT will select the perfect gear nicely, the Brio AT might end up getting confused to select the perfect gear at the perfect time. Mate, it will not let you down for any reason. Close your eyes and go for Micra CVT.

All the Best.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 14:17   #104
BHPian
 
whymeonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 40
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I fully appreciate the uploaded part.
Just wandering a bit about the uphill thing.
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2013, 14:25   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,892
Thanked: 1,074 Times
Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I fully appreciate the uploaded part.
Just wandering a bit about the uphill thing.
My tiny A-Star AT with only 68 BHP and 90 NM torque just shoots up inclines with 5 up and aircon on. Then you can imagine how a 1200 cc 85 bhp Micra will perform. BTW, one area where AT cars shine is uphill. I don't know what is at work here but they perform better than manuals in gradients. So uphill should be least of your worries.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 India plans for Nissan. Micra CVT, Sunny CVT, compact SUV and Datsun announced sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 10 24th May 2013 13:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks