Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th August 2013, 22:04   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Congratulations on booking the Micra. Do note that the booking amount for a vehicle is always refundable irrespective of what the dealer may say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I am about to book a brick red micra CVT. The dealer asks for 25k booking amount and 12-21 days delivery period. The booking amount is non refundable except for delivery delay.

Any last minute suggestions.

inching to commitment.........
khoj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 22:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations on booking the Micra. Do note that the booking amount for a vehicle is always refundable irrespective of what the dealer may say.
This guy says it is refundable only if the car doesn't arrive in 12-21 days. If it arrives earlier, still no refund. To me it is kinda no refund. Anyway i have no such mind yet.
whymeonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 22:35   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I like the new look of the Micra - note that I was ok with its previous look also. It is nice to see companies taking the AT segment seriously and launching models. I think AT is going to be the future and I see more and more being a part of this clan and discarding the low mileage issue. Just wanted to get an approximation as to what its OTR cost would be in Mumbai?
It is approximately INR 7.6 lakhs OTR in Thane, LBT included. Mumbai would be few thousand cheaper due to 0.5 percent higher LBT in Thane. I drove one today and loved it. I was planning on Ecosport AT but owing to uncertain delivery schedule for AT; I will buy a Micra unless I get a sweet deal on used Skoda Laura DSG I am negotiating. I believe MIcra CVT is a better VFM than the usual AT sedans such as Vento, City etc.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 08:56   #124
BHPian

Did a TD of the Micra CVT for sis two days back. The people at EVM Nissan , Calicut were very prompt with the schedule & they brought down the display car some 50 kms to our place under 24 hours. Dedicated TD car wasn't available then.

Pros:
* Instant upmarket feel compared to Ikon & Alto, which are our daily drives.
* Ultra smooth shift quality and the car felt altogether well mannered.
* Loaded with all the necessary features viz ACC, Aux in, remote entry etc.
* Impressive city drivability for an AT. It really pulls in its designed speed range, read city.
* I'm loving that butch front end! Very welcome change for this one.

Cons:
* There is a lag. Sports mode minimizes it a bit but still.
* There is an audible yet acceptable engine noise, but i like to listen to the engine, so not complaining.
* Nowhere close to MT performane & feel. I simply got bored sitting & doing nothing!

Priced at 7.39lacs On-road & they got most bookings for torquoise blue. Feels this one is the best bet for a while, so, so be it.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-imag0545.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-imag0546.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-imag0547.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-imag0548.jpg

Last edited by SandyX : 6th August 2013 at 09:07.
SandyX is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 09:35   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
* I'm loving that butch front end! Very welcome change for this one.
I prefer the old face of the Micra. With the right wheels, a black Micra does look very aggressive. Its is the weird shape of the roof that I cannot digest when looked at the side profile.

PS: What's your signature doing in this humble CVT thread? LOL!
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 10:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I prefer the old face of the Micra....

PS: What's your signature doing in this humble CVT thread? LOL!
As mentioned upfront, the car is for my sis, not for me & that explains my signature.
I will never buy an AT.

I find the old styling more feminine. Its cool in a blacked out guise but wont' really appeal much in other shades, especially that golden shade they were promoting alot.
SandyX is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 09:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
This guy says it is refundable only if the car doesn't arrive in 12-21 days. If it arrives earlier, still no refund. To me it is kinda no refund. Anyway i have no such mind yet.
The time promised was 12-21 days.
Not receiving back any feedback I called the dealer only to be informed that I may expect the vehicle after 25th day.
Your color (brick red) is no choice hence no supplies, too many buying cvt nowadays, a white color demo piece can be provided, if you insist on the time schedule.
Is such a practice OK, or this dealer/company taking me for a ride?
Old 10th August 2013, 10:52   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Not receiving back any feedback I called the dealer only to be informed that I may expect the vehicle after 25th day.
Your color (brick red) is no choice hence no supplies, too many buying cvt nowadays, a white color demo piece can be provided, if you insist on the time schedule.
the dealer might be taking you for a ride, but DO NOT go for the demo car, see if you can wait for a few more days or else you can always cancel the booking and get the refund.
sagpatel is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013, 11:38   #129
BHPian

It is more than a month this car has been launched but the official site for accessories from the company doesn't seem to recognise the new micra.
Can someone suggest as to who can provide basic accessories like door visors, fog lights, reverse camera, footlights etc.
Old 10th August 2013, 11:44   #130
BANNED

Quote:
Ask the dealer for his booking reference number with the company & his contact & write to them directly. Tell dealer & company in writing that you will cancel booking if you dont get delivery in a month latest.
gsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 09:31   #131
BHPian

looking for an auto in city use mainly.
have shortlisted the micra CVT.
few doubts on the same:

would like comments on dashboard height and front visibility compared to the Beat!
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 12:12   #132
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
looking for an auto in city use mainly.
have shortlisted the micra CVT.
few doubts on the same:

would like comments on dashboard height and front visibility compared to the Beat!
I have not driven the Micra CVT yet, but I did test drive a Micra diesel (pre-facelift version) and I must say that the front visibility (in fact, all round visibility) is excellent on the Nissan Micra/Renault Pulse twins The low set dashboard and non-obtrusive A-pillar ensure that blind spots are almost absent.

The CVT is available exclusively in the XV trim which has driver seat height adjustment as standard. So the car would offer great all-round visibility for anyone.

Compared to the Beat with its high set dashboard (only the MY2013 Beats get seat height adjustment), the Micra is several leagues ahead as far as all-round visibility is concerned. You don't need to have any concerns on this issue.

I do recommend taking a test drive of the CVT yourself to see if it suits you.

Last edited by RSR : 12th August 2013 at 12:18.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 19:17   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
Since I've owned both, I can ever confidently say that the Micra outscores the Beat by a huge margin. The dashboard height and the flared wheel arches of the Beat was a huge pain in terms of visibility. In the Micra, you feel / are seated so high. IIRC, in his review, GTO has termed the Micra as one of the few modern cars whose bonnet can be seen.
thoma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 20:23   #134
BHPian

There is a vast difference in my opinion. The Beat seats you quite low, with high dashboard and low under thigh support. Bad visibility. Though we have got the seat hieght increased by adding cushion support beneath the seat covers, so that has been sorted now.

When I sat on a Micra, I felt immediately at home (not home like the Beat). It is that easy. Steering was almost at the best position possible. And low window sil and dash means good visibility all round.
ahmad.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 21:30   #135
BHPian

Quote:
We are told a waiting period of 12-21 days.
Here is the quote.
No discounts. No offers.
Road taxes are low in UK (Uttaranchal)

sorry i forgot to attach the invoice in my earlier reply.
After paying the advance.........
I came across the nissan micra website and checked the city wise ex showroom prices.
I realised my dealer has charged me 5k extra over and above the declared MRP for his town. Which in any case was more by 5k as compared to say new delhi pricing.
I contacted the company call center which repeated the same price as was shown on the net and asked me to confirm the same from the dealer.
On contacting the dealer, i have been told that these 5k are logistic charges and they are forced to charge this as per some union of dealers.
I have a feeling this is monopoly. Since Dehradun is a small town with only one dealer.
How can someone sell at more than the MRP?
Is the company not responsible for this?
Is there a union of buyers who can defend us from such malpractices?