Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 13th February 2015, 21:16   #691

Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Rs. 6,000/ seems too high. More so, because Rory is the Magna variant which doesn't have the electronic retracting mechanism. Are they electrically adjustable though? Why don't you go to another service center for a second opinion?
Hi S2,

I just made few more enquiry and came to know that the price range is same. As Magna has only Electric Mirrors not Electric Foldable Mirrors, hence the price is little more otherwise its higher.

Fyi (http://www.cardekho.com/show-answers...t-to-replace-o )

Local guy says will get a local piece for Rs 4000/- little worried on the quality and fitment, any suggestions
grand@rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 13:17   #692
BHPian

Local piece for 4K doesn't make sense. Only worth going for it if the price difference is at least 50%. And obviously quality won't be same I believe.
Sid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 10:04   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand@rao View Post
Hi S2,

I just made few more enquiry and came to know that the price range is same. As Magna has only Electric Mirrors not Electric Foldable Mirrors, hence the price is little more otherwise its higher.
Damn! That is steep pricing. I remember a couple of years ago, a biker knocked down my friend's i20's left mirror. A replacement mirror costed him a little over Rs. 10K from a Hyundai service centre

Going by the quote that you have received, I must start taking care of my Gi10's ORVMs to avoid any undesired, high bill amount!
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 10:16   #694

Local piece was very disappointing, more over it was black colour and need to paint it to match RORY'S body clour, that means I end up paying the same amount as the actual product.. Finally did a jugaad, took a rubber beading and fixed it with help of feviquick.
grand@rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 10:28   #695

attaching the picture of what I actually did. Now its back in to its original function. total expense: feviquick' 15Rs, Rubber beading - free
Attached Images

grand@rao is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 09:26   #696
Senior - BHPian

My Grand i10 diesel ( magna variant ) completed 1 year on 17-Feb-2015, odo reading 5060 kms.

Here are my views :

1) Front suspension travel is very short. Very uncomfortable on bumps and bad roads.

2) Seats are very uncomfortable. I am having severe back pain since I started using this car more than Waggie. My friend drove the car for 170 kms. on 17th and he too agreed. Fixed head rests are another irritant.

3) FE for the 365 kms. highway trip+100 kms.city driving = 17.6 kmpl. This was last measured. I am not happy with such less FE.

4) Due to lack of grunt and not so good gearing, actually there are a lot of gear shifts. Highway cruising is nice, but if speed breaks down, it takes a lot of effort from the 1.1 to get back to speed.

5) Sound insulation rocks. Makes the car feel more preimium.

6) Second service did cost me Rs. 1800 including an oil change ( with oil filter ).

7) Lights : Beam throw and intensity, both are bad.

8) Ride quality is bumpy. The "middle of the road" approach by Hyundai is not helping. Neither is the ride soft enough for city nor is it stiff enough for highway. Loses on both counts. Feels bumpy and if speed increases, stability suffers.

9) Car is surprisingly less susceptible to cross winds. Considering not so aerodynamic structure, I was expecting that car will be unstable in windy ( as per Indian standards ) conditions. Its not so.

10) Grabby brakes. Without ABS they are trouble. With ABS could be a boon. If the car is to be taken on highways, change the tyres to something better in quality and width.

Mixed experience, but seats are biggest negative point for sustained use. Diesel lacks any sort of grunt, be it city or highway. Petrol could be good for city, but dynamics are nothing to write home about.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 20th February 2015 at 09:27.
aaggoswami is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2015, 11:31   #697
BHPian

I am using the Asta(o) petrol variant. I personally felt that if we maintain the correct tyre pressure, the ride is very smooth and not bumpy. But even a slight decrease in pressure makes the ride very much uncomfortable.

I am 6 ft tall and haven't faced any issues with regard to seats. All my drives in the city as of now and have to check the comfortness on long highway drives. Having said that, I personally prefer the European version seats.The reclining angle of the back seat is very good and offers great support even for tall passengers.

The steering and gear shift is very smooth and a breeze to drive in the city. I was initially concerned about sharp brakes in Grand i10 during test drive. But never faced any issues in my vehicle and brakes are very confident inspiring to drive.

I feel like driving a premium car and very much satisfied with my decision for buying Grand as of now.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 20th February 2015 at 11:35.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 16:24   #698
BHPian

Got my Grand i10's second service done today at Advaith Hyundai Bangalore at 9.2K on the odo. Initial impressions on the switch to fully synth engine oil are in the synthetic oil thread.

The SA, Anish, was very polite and helpful and ensured a good overall experience. Did try to include WA/WB by default but I noticed it and removed it from the job card in the morning itself. Apart from general tune-up, I got the clutch pedal play adjusted and brake pad cleaning and brake fluid bleeding done. Car is running much better and smoother now.

Anish & team was initially hesitant in doing the brake bleeding by saying it's not required but I insisted since my brake pedal had a spongy feel to it sometimes. After it was done, the brakes are better than before the service but I'm still missing the impressive bite and feel which was there for the initial 5k or so kilometers. Any pointers on how to rectify this will be really helpful and appreciated. (My daily commute involves a reasonable open stretch with decent speeds and combined that with my frequent Bangalore airport trips, strong brakes are very very critical for me.)

Overall, a pleasant experience. Car was nicely cleaned and delivered on time, and not too many hiccups during the entire process. They've also converted a different room into the customer lounge. The new one is much better and bigger and we can see our cars being attended to from the glass windows, like in most other service centers these days.

All in all -

Last edited by Parth46 : 26th February 2015 at 16:25.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 18:06   #699
BHPian

I bought a 2015 White Grand i10 Sportz petrol earlier this week and when I reached the showroom to take the delivery was surprised to find body coloured door handles without sensors.

I was then informed that Hyundai has decided to Replace the Keyless Entry+ Push Button Start feature with the Inbuilt Music System (with 1Gb Storage & Bluetooth), Steering controls (from the Asta) and a Rear defogger for the Sportz trim starting 2015.

The Salesperson was ill informed and told us that as this was one of their first petrol 2015 models he wasn't aware about any changes apart from the defogger.

In my opinion, these are welcome changes as Bluetooth and a Defogger are basic features and keyless entry still remains a luxury.

Last edited by Jag4 : 1st March 2015 at 18:09.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 19:07   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
I was then informed that Hyundai has decided to Replace the Keyless Entry+ Push Button Start feature with the Inbuilt Music System (with 1Gb Storage & Bluetooth), Steering controls (from the Asta) and a Rear defogger for the Sportz trim starting 2015.
Is this the 'SportZ Edition' launched on the occasion of Grandi10's first anniversary ?

Last edited by Grand Drive : 1st March 2015 at 19:09. Reason: Typo
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 19:18   #701
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a 2015 White Grand i10 Sportz petrol earlier this week and when I reached the showroom to take the delivery was surprised to find body coloured door handles without sensors.

This is excellent on their part! They have added what should have been there at first place! Well done Hyundai! I definitely miss these features in my 2014 sportz though!
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 19:32   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Is this the 'SportZ Edition' launched on the occasion of Grandi10's first anniversary ?
Nope just the 2015 Sportz trim.
Jag4 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:00   #703
BHPian

Doesn't seem to be the case. The website still lists the features just as the first day. Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-grand.jpg
g_saunak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:10   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Nope just the 2015 Sportz trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
Doesn't seem to be the case. The website still lists the features just as the first day.
Yes, I too noted the same and thats the reason I asked whether it's a 'SportZ Edition' or not. But Jag4 was very sure as he bought the car.

Jag4, It's a news to all of us.

Have the changes been really made ? Had the sales person sold you the 'Sportz Edition' (without the decals) launched on Sep 2014 ? How about other variants - any changes for 2015 ?

Last edited by Grand Drive : 3rd March 2015 at 16:16.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 16:41   #705
BHPian

Even the idea of the 'Sportz Edition' (without the decals) does not add up. The Sportz Anniversary Edition was based out of Sportz trim and should have come equipped with Smart Key and door sensors along with the added goodies like rear defogger and bluetooth and steering controls. Also, the interiors should also have been Black and Red. The car came only in red color and body decals. It's really strange.

This is certainly a news to all of us and surely would like Jag4 to comment further on this. May be the VIN details can throw some light on the manufacturing month and all.
g_saunak is offline   Reply With Quote