Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 11:06   #826
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I got it confirmed from the SA and the customer care. The automatic folding/unfolding of mirrors while locking/unlocking feature is available only on the AMT and diesel Asta variant.
Electric folding of ORVM is available from the Sportz Variant. Smart key is available on the Asta and Asta(o) variants.Grandi10 AT is available only in Asta (petrol) variant.
Grand Drive is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 01:56   #827
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.
Decided to get the new allow wheels for the car.
Went to a dealer and while he was changing the tyres, I found rust on both the front wheels.
Went to service station and they said it's normal.
I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20150819_170516.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20150819_170528.jpg  

NitinMakhija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 02:29   #828
BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 682
Thanked: 2,634 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.


Went to service station and they said it's normal.
I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.

First of all, congrats on the new car.

Please don't get worried about the rust. Its surface rust and nothing major. Its a common phenomenon with vehicles standing for long periods in yards. All hubs and knuckles are made of cast iron, and surface rust on them won't affect their life. The rust you see on brake discs will go away once pads rub on discs.


Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th September 2015 at 02:32.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 08:55   #829
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,541
Thanked: 1,073 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.
Decided to get the new allow wheels for the car.
Went to a dealer and while he was changing the tyres, I found rust on both the front wheels.
Went to service station and they said it's normal.
I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.
If you refer previous few pages, I had exactly the same problem. The rust is excessive, specially for steering knuckle which has 5 connections and is very critical. I was not satisfied with the answer given by Hyundai and the whole scenario unfolded was not confidence inspiring, specially the mail communication which was not congruent to what was verbally communicated.

Here is one of my post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3715314 (Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review)

Goes on to show that Hyundai clearly has poor QC, specially for casting components. In my posts, its mentioned that other cars that we have do not suffer from such rust despite being older.
Tell the Service center that you do not feel its normal, and ask them to change the steering knuckle. I was told by one authorized service center that one Xcent owner in my city had the steering knuckle painted after he observed the rust.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th September 2015 at 09:03.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 11:19   #830
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,383
Thanked: 9,856 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Went to service station and they said it's normal. I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.
Standard reply from HASS and if they accept, the parts may be changed under warranty and at their costs which they may not like to do hence reply that it is normal.

One thing is clear - Rust isn't good be out surface of deep one. If HASS says it is normal then ask them to show the other cars in their stockyard and check yourself. Since your car is new, get the warranty claim raised and change the rust parts.

Hyundai is loosing it and riding high with the success of Elite i20 and Creta. Hope they too don't go to the levels where Honda has been trying to go with the Niggling City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If you refer previous few pages, I had exactly the same problem. The rust is excessive, specially for steering knuckle which has 5 connections and is very critical.
I agree.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2015, 10:24   #831
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 165
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I head a thud-thud sound when my grand i10 passes over small potholes at speeds of 30-40 or above. It is very smooth at lower speeds. The car has done only 1200Kms. What could be the reason? I took it to the HASS, the SA said it's normal. He wasn't able to give an explanation. Does anybody else face the same issue? What could be the cause of the sound?
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 12:59   #832
BHPian
 
vinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 464
Thanked: 657 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

for Hyundais made in India...

Grand i10 fails the Latin NCAP, scores '0'!!!

Its evident that not just the passive safety systems, but the structural strength too has been questioned from this test and this is certainly something to worry about.

Source - indianautosblog.com

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/09/car...in-latin-ncap/Bad news continues

Last edited by vinair : 11th September 2015 at 13:00.
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 23:30   #833
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Baroda
Posts: 131
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

Does anyone have any idea whether a face lifted version of the i10 grand is going to be launched soon? I read online that a 2015 version of the car is being launched in Indonesia. It's got DRL and a full touch screen audio system. I'm in the market to buy one and wanted some update before I finalise the current version. If it's going to be launched i can wait for it. Any news will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
abs182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:21   #834
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 450 Times
Default Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Does anyone have any idea whether a face lifted version of the i10 grand is going to be launched soon? I read online that a 2015 version of the car is being launched in Indonesia. It's got DRL and a full touch screen audio system. I'm in the market to buy one and wanted some update before I finalise the current version. If it's going to be launched i can wait for it. Any news will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

There seems to be no news on this in India at least. This car should be around 3 years old now and it is possible that Hyundai will do a mid life update, though not sure when.With it selling over 10k units a month, I don't expect anything major to happen with the update. An aftermarket touchscreen can be easily added to the existing car. If you are buying I would recommend that you buy it now. At least in Bangalore they are advertising discounts up to 50k. If and when the facelift is launched the car will easily be another 35-40k costlier than the current model and without discounts. You could save atleast 70k if bought now. My experience with buying cars is that if there is a need buy now. All car prices are always heading north. My two cents.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 22nd September 2015 at 07:22.
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:29   #835
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 92
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I own a Grand i10 purchased in April 2015. I did my first servicing somewhere in month of June during which engine oil/transmission oil was not changed. The service center informed that they will change oil in second servicing. However second servicing is after 8 months/10,000 km whichever is earlier. My question is, isn't it mandatory to change the oil in first servicing itself ?
Autolock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:33   #836
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 165
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
I own a Grand i10 purchased in April 2015. I did my first servicing somewhere in month of June during which engine oil/transmission oil was not changed. The service center informed that they will change oil in second servicing. However second servicing is after 8 months/10,000 km whichever is earlier. My question is, isn't it mandatory to change the oil in first servicing itself ?
Even I had put forward the same question to the SA. He said, according to Hyundai guidelines the first oil change happens at 10K kms.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 00:22   #837
BHPian
 
Burn_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 91
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
I own a Grand i10 purchased in April 2015. I did my first servicing somewhere in month of June during which engine oil/transmission oil was not changed. The service center informed that they will change oil in second servicing. However second servicing is after 8 months/10,000 km whichever is earlier. My question is, isn't it mandatory to change the oil in first servicing itself ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Even I had put forward the same question to the SA. He said, according to Hyundai guidelines the first oil change happens at 10K kms.
As per Hyundai and several manufacturers, changing the engine oil at the first service is not mandatory. Changing the engine oil at 10K kms is absolutely fine and will not have any major impact to the engine durability. However, it is recommended by most enthusiasts and even TBhp.

Refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...tml#post326557 (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Team-BHP recommends that you change your engine oil after the first 1,000 km. As with all new engines, you will find that some metal slivers have found their way into the oil. From this point onward you can stick to the manufacturer recommended intervals.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 12:43   #838
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Udupi
Posts: 61
Thanked: 72 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I have Grand i10 Magna which does not come with a factory fitted stereo. I bought a OEM stereo off OLX.COM from a Grand i10 Asta owner since he has upgraded. Since Magna does not have AUX and USB ports. Is there a way to install Hyundai USB and AUX ports? If not, any aftermarket alternative?
puneeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2015, 19:47   #839
BHPian
 
shreyak_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 168
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I have a Grand i10 sportz which does not come with a seat height adjuster. Now as we all know, in i10 we need to 'sit down' and drive and this has become a matter of concern since my Grandfather is not comfortable with such a driving position.
He's been driving an aged Santro currently and since that car has started throwing numerous tantrums almost every week, I am urging him to use the i10 which is standing unused for most of the days.
But coming from a Santro, he's just not ready to drive the Grand i10 due to its low slung driving position.
Also, he finds the bite of it's breaks to be too sharp for his liking.
Any solution to his problems? Or should I just sell it off and get a tall boy hatch for him?
shreyak_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 18:03   #840
BHPian
 
skanchan95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mangalore KA-19
Posts: 575
Thanked: 394 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I have a Grand i10 sportz which does not come with a seat height adjuster. Now as we all know, in i10 we need to 'sit down' and drive and this has become a matter of concern since my Grandfather is not comfortable with such a driving position.
He's been driving an aged Santro currently and since that car has started throwing numerous tantrums almost every week, I am urging him to use the i10 which is standing unused for most of the days.
But coming from a Santro, he's just not ready to drive the Grand i10 due to its low slung driving position.
Also, he finds the bite of it's breaks to be too sharp for his liking.
Any solution to his problems? Or should I just sell it off and get a tall boy hatch for him?
If I may suggest, considering your Grandfather's requirements, upgrading to an i10 from the Santro makes more sense(than the Grand i10). Bear in mind though that the i10 is only available with the 1.1L iRDe2 engine now. The Grand i10's low seat position is unsuitable for the elderly.
skanchan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review GRAND23 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 4th February 2015 08:52
Review: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol. And how I was nearly tricked... g_saunak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 5th August 2014 17:23
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 331 15th September 2013 20:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks