Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2015, 11:01   #901
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 414
Thanked: 388 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
I am not sure about the anti-theft alarm stage in 2015 models. Can you try with some other remote key to confirm this? T

Hi,

In this thread itself, it has been confirmed that 2015 sportz model does not have anti-theft alarm even though it has a remote locking.

I had the same doubt and had even posted the manual of 2014 models Grand i10, which talked about anti-theft alarm but someone confirmed it to be missing in 2015 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post


Have you tried this scenario as soon as you set the fuse to 'OFF' position?
The alarm will surely work, if you try to open the doors within few minutes of putting the fuse off, locking the door with remote/request key and opening the door with manual key after 45 seconds of pressing the button.

It will not work, say after 10 minutes.
So for safety do not try to switch-off the fuse, if parking for days in public or road side parking. Worse case the battery may die but alarm will be active till the battery dies completely.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th November 2015 at 11:04.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 11:40   #902
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 167
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Are all 2015 variants (Asta and Asta (o) inclusive) not equipped with Anti-theft alarm?
From 2015 models, only the Asta and Asta (O) are equipped with the anti-theft alarm.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 12:44   #903
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 167
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post

Btw, I have been looking for an anti-theft alarm to be installed. All dealers say that the OEM remote lock has to be disabled to install autocop or any other system and there will be be a separate remote for that.

The SA said they are awaiting a suitable system from Hyundai.

Any help from fellow BHPians will be much appreciated.
Update: Got a call from the SA. They have got a system which can be installed in cars with no anti-theft alarm and can continue using the OEM remote.

Model: Autocop XS-Plip-40.
This comes with alarm, lock/unlock sound, reverse siren, impact sensor.
Quoted Rs. 3500/-


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Just a wild thought. You can spend the same amount of money to get the GPS tracker for safety.
Also inquired about the GPS tracker. He said another person will be calling me.

Next, a guy from http://www.fastrackerz.com/ called me and quoted me Rs. 9k+ for the device. Pretty much standard features available as far as a GPS vehicle tracker is concerned.

Any advice?
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 12:55   #904
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 640
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Also inquired about the GPS tracker. He said another person will be calling me.

Next, a guy from http://www.fastrackerz.com/ called me and quoted me Rs. 9k+ for the device. Pretty much standard features available as far as a GPS vehicle tracker is concerned.

Any advice?
Refer this thread (GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices) for details about the GPS-tracking Anti-Theft devices.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 30th November 2015 at 12:56.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 14:03   #905
BHPian
 
Wanderers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 414
Thanked: 388 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Update: Got a call from the SA. They have got a system which can be installed in cars with no anti-theft alarm and can continue using the OEM remote.
Quoted Rs. 3500/-

Also inquired about the GPS tracker. .
Next, a guy from http://www.fastrackerz.com/ called me and quoted me Rs. 9k+ for the device.
Any advice?
Hi,

You can get autocops GPS tracker from snapdeal for as low as Rs.5000/-. See link below. This includes installation.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...r/648581630960.

Regarding, anti-theft alarm mentioned by you, please consider it as first choice provided it's sold by Hyundai as genuine accessories.

Last edited by Wanderers : 30th November 2015 at 14:04.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 20:30   #906
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

So, I am in the market for an automatic for my wife. Options zeroed on with OTR are
Wagon R VXI(O) - with airbags and abs - 5.75 L (discount - 25K)
Grand i10 Asta - no airbags/abs plus goodies - 6.65 (discount 58 K) + free reverse camera and maybe floor matting

I want to chose one of this, and do not want to go beyond 6.5. Considering this, what would your advice be.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 20:48   #907
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 88
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
So, I am in the market for an automatic for my wife. Options zeroed on with OTR are
Wagon R VXI(O) - with airbags and abs - 5.75 L (discount - 25K)
Grand i10 Asta - no airbags/abs plus goodies - 6.65 (discount 58 K) + free reverse camera and maybe floor matting

I want to chose one of this, and do not want to go beyond 6.5. Considering this, what would your advice be.
Hello sir,
I have recently bought my mom a Hyundai Grand i10 Asta A/T ~ 2 month ago. If the WagonR had come out when we bought the car, I would've surely bought the car. The WagonR has a higher seating position plus it has airbags and ABS. I bought the Grand i10 because my mom loved it. Otherwise it would've been a Honda Brio. Seeing that you have a strict budget, the WagonR is an amazing choice. I for one, strongly recomend this car.

Hope this helps!
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 21:00   #908
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Hello sir,
I have recently bought my mom a Hyundai Grand i10 Asta A/T ~ 2 month ago. If the WagonR had come out when we bought the car, I would've surely bought the car. The WagonR has a higher seating position plus it has airbags and ABS. I bought the Grand i10 because my mom loved it. Otherwise it would've been a Honda Brio. Seeing that you have a strict budget, the WagonR is an amazing choice. I for one, strongly recomend this car.

Hope this helps!
Thank You, Satan's Valet. How is your mom liking the car, would she also have loved the wagon R AMT more than the G10? Or is the lack of safety features playing on your mind. For all these years we have not had these features, but suddenly now since they are available - it creates a great differentiator.

I am intrigued by some doubts - while the Wagon R would have the safety features, is it structurally a better car than the i10. I personally am not so comfortable with airbags since this car will more or less ferry the kids to and from the school, however I do feel that ABS is a must have. Having said that, the four years that I was driving the Skoda, there was not even once that I was in a situation where the ABS needed to kick in. And the car in question is not even going to be driven by me, but my wife - who is a far more patient and sedate driver.

The other car I drive only for my use, and the one that will be used for all highway drives will be my innova - which does not have any safety features. I am looking to replace that as well - however that is for another thread with the XuV and the new Innova coming in and the discounts that are pouring in at the year end.

In my mind, the winner is the wagon - R. The car that I want will basically not run more than 500 Km a month, and will be driven primarily by my wife, which is where the entire thing of a better looking car, features such as key less entry , blue tooth controls on steering start becoming more of a want to have than a nice to have.

Basically since majority of the driving is going to be in the city, I am kind of confused with what to go with. But I am right now leaning towards the fact that if I am able to close the g10 at 6.5 lakhs net, I might go ahead with it.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 21:10   #909
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 88
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

I am intrigued by some doubts - while the Wagon R would have the safety features, is it structurally a better car than the i10. I personally am not so comfortable with airbags since this car will more or less ferry the kids to and from the school, however I do feel that ABS is a must have. Having said that, the four years that I was driving the Skoda, there was not even once that I was in a situation where the ABS needed to kick in. And the car in question is not even going to be driven by me, but my wife - who is a far more patient and sedate driver.
Well, the WagonR has something that I wanted most in the Gi10 - Airbags. If Hyundai had provided those, this forum would be atleast 300 pages larger. Well, if your wife is a sedate driver, I guess the Grand i10 is the best. Coming to the build quality, Just keep in mind that the Grand i10 scored 0 in the NCAP test(don't mean to scare you ). Well, it isn't up to me or you to decide the car. Whatever your wife wants, she gets.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 22:28   #910
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

In mumbai I saw today Grand I10 as Kaali Peeli normal cab. Was very surprised that Hyundai allowed this for one of their best sellers to be used for a regular cab
abhik897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 01:14   #911
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 268
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Well, the WagonR has something that I wanted most in the Gi10 - Airbags. If Hyundai had provided those, this forum would be atleast 300 pages larger. Well, if your wife is a sedate driver, I guess the Grand i10 is the best. Coming to the build quality, Just keep in mind that the Grand i10 scored 0 in the NCAP test(don't mean to scare you ). Well, it isn't up to me or you to decide the car. Whatever your wife wants, she gets.
Yes, thats true. But you never know what the Maruti would score. Well now that they are offering ABS and airbags as option on all their cars including celerio, the choices might just get wider.
an_and is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2015, 10:13   #912
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 167
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

I got Autocop flip 40 installed in my car. No extra remote, it works with the OEM remote. The reverse siren is little irritating now as i am not used to it. I plan to disable it, if I don't get used to it in few days. The parking sensor beeps get dulled out by this sound.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 08:52   #913
BHPian
 
fazonater1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BLR/TCR/DXB
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Since today morning around 6am the Water in Fuel filter lamp in the instrument cluster went off while I was driving.I drove for about 10kms since i first noticed it and then later got back home. I read elsewhere that this problem is usually due to poor fuel quality. I have to take my Grand i10 Diesel to the nearby Hyundai service centre later today in the afternoon and then see what they say. Anybody here who had faced a similar problem?
fazonater1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 19:15   #914
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Grand i10 Sportz

Hi BHPians...!

I have a simple question. Does the Grand i10 Sportz (Petrol) come with a smart key? I remember seeing few Sportz versions that have the push button start/stop, whereas few where there's a conventional key start mechanism.
Has Hyundai made any changes to the Grand i10 Sportz recently, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Apurva
apurva_mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 22:09   #915
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 399
Thanked: 305 Times
Default Re: Grand i10 Sportz

Its not recently. When launched the 'smart key' was available in the Sportz version along with chrome handles. However that has been dropped quite a few months back. Rear defogger has been added though, which is a welcome addition.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review GRAND23 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 4th February 2015 08:52
Review: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol. And how I was nearly tricked... g_saunak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 5th August 2014 17:23
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 331 15th September 2013 20:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks