Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 10:58   #1051
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Folks i had zeroed down on Hyundai Grand i10 sportz without Air Bags after reading detailed review on team BHP and considering my small budget . it is mainly to be used by my better half for city driving. We would be going for exchange by selling our old Hyundai Getz.
When I enquired with one of the dealer in Bangalore they said Hyundai is stopping Grand i10 sportz without air bags as govt is making Air Bags and other safety features mandatory. But as per the information on internet it is mandatory from Oct 2018.
Adding air bag is raising my budget by 20K.

Is dealer pushing air bag model because new Grand i10 sportz is coming soon. I told him i am OK to wait for few weeks to get the car.
Another dealer is having without air bag option but deal is not so good. Kindly help

Last edited by aka_iitd : 29th August 2016 at 11:05.
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 11:48   #1052
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Adding air bag is raising my budget by 20K.
Pls go ahead with the one with airbags since 20K is not a lot of money considering the car's price and in terms of EMI, it should add only about 500 bucks on a 3 year tenure. Glad that the SA is pushing a model with airbags, they are known to do otherwise.

Any reason why you chose to skip airbags?

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 29th August 2016 at 11:52.
Karthik Chandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 11:54   #1053
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Any reason why you chose to skip airbags?
It would be used only in city driving and average speed is very less in Bangalore hence thought to skip it to bring the budget down. I would be going for full down payment. No loan
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 11:59   #1054
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 477
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
It would be used only in city driving and average speed is very less in Bangalore hence thought to skip it to bring the budget down. I would be going for full down payment. No loan
IMO you should opt for the airbags, no matter whether the car plies in city or highways. Reconsider your decision, 20K is not a big amount on a car purchase, that too in the interest of safety.

Try and get insurance from outside the dealer, bargain hard for discounts to bring down your budget, do not compromise on such features.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 13:57   #1055
BHPian
 
Grand Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 639
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Is dealer pushing air bag model because new Grand i10 sportz is coming soon. I told him i am OK to wait for few weeks to get the car.
Another dealer is having without air bag option but deal is not so good. Kindly help
The new Grandi10 Sportz variants are equipped with passenger and driver side airbags but not ABS. Driver side airbag is a standard now irrespective of variants. If the Sportz variant is not equipped with airbags, then the dealer is probably quoting for the old Sportz model. Related thread (Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!) on this.

I suggest you to go ahead with the newer airbag equipped Sportz variant irrespective of usage.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 29th August 2016 at 14:03.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 18:43   #1056
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
The new Grandi10 Sportz variants are equipped with passenger and driver side airbags but not ABS. Driver side airbag is a standard now irrespective of variants. If the Sportz variant is not equipped with airbags, then the dealer is probably quoting for the old Sportz model.
I suggest you to go ahead with the newer airbag equipped Sportz variant irrespective of usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Try and get insurance from outside the dealer, bargain hard for discounts to bring down your budget, do not compromise on such features.
Thanks KC and Grand for the valuable suggestion. I checked with Hyundai and yes they are now focusing with Air Bag models. Will update the thread with final price and the photo of the possession later
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 20:45   #1057
BHPian
 
skanchan95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mangalore KA-19
Posts: 575
Thanked: 392 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thanks KC and Grand for the valuable suggestion. I checked with Hyundai and yes they are now focusing with Air Bag models. Will update the thread with final price and the photo of the possession later
Isn't the Grand i10 facelift close to launch , probably during Diwali? Advisable to wait till the festive season rather than buying a model that will soon look old(compared to the Facelift).
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 10:46   #1058
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 165
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

This weekend while driving back from Goa, the car behaved very well except for the stretch when I did a non-stop drive from Davangere to Bangalore.

The AC stopped cooling and I had to crack open the windows a little bit to avoid suffocation.

The car was constantly at 80-100Kmph and at approx. 3000rpm.

The temperature gauge showed normal temperature.

After reaching home I searched for possible reasons for the AC failure.

I bumped into this link.

Next morning I checked the AC again. It behaved normally.

Has anybody else experienced similar situation? How can this be mitigated?

Car is Grand i10 petrol, Sportz variant. 7K kms on the odo. All fluid levels perfect.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 00:06   #1059
BHPian
 
anks_at's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 118
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post

The car was constantly at 80-100Kmph and at approx. 3000rpm.

The temperature gauge showed normal temperature.

After reaching home I searched for possible reasons for the AC failure.

I bumped into this link.

Next morning I checked the AC again. It behaved normally.

Has anybody else experienced similar situation? How can this be mitigated?

Car is Grand i10 petrol, Sportz variant. 7K kms on the odo. All fluid levels perfect.

Firstly, this isn't just a Grandi10 thing. I have always noticed this on other cars that I have driven - all of them.

The slight difference from your case though is - the AC doesnt cut off when constantly at 100/120/130 kph (or even 3500~3800 rpm), but if you downshift & accelerate harshly (pedal to the floor), the AC compressor does get cut off for some time (mostly when you are red lining on rpm meter). Stop accelerating, maintain the speed, & its back to normal.

The reason for this is one of the answers on the link you posted:
"Some cars most notably Honda city/civic has an ECM cuts off switch which the ECU/ECM uses to stop the compressor of the AC to feed additional power to the engine for highway overtaking maneuver, If your car was like this since the day you bought it then no need to worry here."

Last edited by anks_at : 31st August 2016 at 00:13.
anks_at is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 00:42   #1060
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,159
Thanked: 5,041 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
...Adding air bag is raising my budget by 20K...
Are you getting just the airbag for 20K more? As I understand, there are no (O) variants for Grand i10? If you want the best deal, I suggest please wait till Oct. The best discounts come in during Diwali. If a facelift launches, you can choose to buy the new one or bargain better on the old version.

Edit:: 20K is a pittance for a life saver tool. I second all who has suggested the Airbags model. As said, please opt for the insurance from outside and you'll have this funding your Airbag variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Thanks KC and Grand for the valuable suggestion. I checked with Hyundai and yes they are now focusing with Air Bag models. Will update the thread with final price and the photo of the possession later
I am a bit confused, have you asked for the VIN of the car to understand the month / year of manufacturing? If not, please do it before you make the full payment (if you haven't already).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st August 2016 at 00:43.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 17:01   #1061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am a bit confused, have you asked for the VIN of the car to understand the month / year of manufacturing? If not, please do it before you make the full payment (if you haven't already).
Thanks for the alert
Yes i checked the same Month and year both are G in VIN number to reflect July 2016 model.
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 11:35   #1062
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 594
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Isn't the Grand i10 facelift close to launch , probably during Diwali? Advisable to wait till the festive season rather than buying a model that will soon look old(compared to the Facelift).
I missed this. Mods please merge with above thread if possible.
Yes I too heard about the same but I needed the care urgently as there were many problems cropping up and I don't want my better half to struck somewhere in middle of traffic.
I heard major upgrades would be more of cosmetic changes and I was getting good deal.
Some major problems/changes required were Suspension was not in good condition. Pointed by ASS 2 years back/ Tyres needed a change / Battery 6 years old / Exhaust had multiple holes (I think FE went down because of this) / bearing of front wheel required change /40K service due/seat covers were chipped off/ Dash board became sticky (problem with many Getz seen)/Auto cops remote rubber gone and no replacement as very old remote now/ Car was touching 10 yrs last but not the least needed a change

Last edited by aka_iitd : 1st September 2016 at 11:37.
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 14:09   #1063
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Problem with Clutch Release.

Hi Guys, i am facing a peculiar issues from the last one month and need your advice on the possible reasons for the same and suggested solutions.

Issue - Everytime I press the clutch or release the clutch, there is weird noise "TAK TAK TAK....". It is similar to the noise/ sound which is generated when two rusted components or Non-Lubricated metallic components rub against each other. It is there even when the car is stationary or the engine is not running.

Actions taken so far - I went to the Authorized dealer and they did come tuning of the clutch. The Problem came back same day itself. I am planning to visit the showroom this week.

Have you faced similar issues? Any suggestions you would like to give?
NitinMakhija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 14:15   #1064
BHPian
 
sidzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 165
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Problem with Clutch Release.

Hi Guys, i am facing a peculiar issues from the last one month and need your advice on the possible reasons for the same and suggested solutions.

Issue - Everytime I press the clutch or release the clutch, there is weird noise "TAK TAK TAK....". It is similar to the noise/ sound which is generated when two rusted components or Non-Lubricated metallic components rub against each other. It is there even when the car is stationary or the engine is not running.

Actions taken so far - I went to the Authorized dealer and they did come tuning of the clutch. The Problem came back same day itself. I am planning to visit the showroom this week.

Have you faced similar issues? Any suggestions you would like to give?
I get only one "KAT" sound, when releasing the clutch slowly in bumper to bumper traffic.

Have plans to go to service center this weekend.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 14:51   #1065
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 32
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I get only one "KAT" sound, when releasing the clutch slowly in bumper to bumper traffic.

Have plans to go to service center this weekend.
I also had one"KAT" sound. Now the car is having "KAT KAT KAT"!
NitinMakhija is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyundai Grand i10 CRDi Sportz - My Ownership Review GRAND23 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 4th February 2015 08:52
Review: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta Petrol. And how I was nearly tricked... g_saunak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 5th August 2014 17:23
Hyundai Grand i10 Preview .anshuman The Indian Car Scene 331 15th September 2013 20:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks