Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th October 2016, 16:08   #1096

Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hi All, please help me with my query. What is the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained. Most of the times I travel alone. on weekends max 2 people will travel. Is it 32 or 33 or a combination of it for front and rear. I am unable to decide. Please help.
BlackPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 13:05   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the center armrest fixed. Thanks for Flipkart sale procured a slim one for 1000 bucks and got them fixed yesterday. Though the gauge of the frame metal is pretty thin, its still fixed well so no movement or rattle. My biggest concern was the width of the armrest since Grand i10 center console tucks in snug between the seats. But thankfully the armrest is wide enough for free movement of the seats.

Need to adjust the height as it feels a tad higher than what I would have liked. Thats a DIY to be done soon.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-centerarmrest.jpg
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 10:12   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Problem with Clutch Release.

Hi Guys, i am facing a peculiar issues from the last one month and need your advice on the possible reasons for the same and suggested solutions.

Issue - Everytime I press the clutch or release the clutch, there is weird noise "TAK TAK TAK....". It is similar to the noise/ sound which is generated when two rusted components or Non-Lubricated metallic components rub against each other. It is there even when the car is stationary or the engine is not running.

Actions taken so far - I went to the Authorized dealer and they did come tuning of the clutch. The Problem came back same day itself. I am planning to visit the showroom this week.

Have you faced similar issues? Any suggestions you would like to give?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I get only one "KAT" sound, when releasing the clutch slowly in bumper to bumper traffic.

Have plans to go to service center this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
I also had one"KAT" sound. Now the car is having "KAT KAT KAT"!
The problem kept reoccurring. I went to the ASS and the SA had the clutch wire adjusted again, but the problem persisted.

Finally, he agreed to replace the clutch wire under warranty. It was replaced and it had been trouble free since 4 days. The car is behaving better in bumper to bumper traffic and slow speed power delivery has increased.

In the process, the mechanics somehow scratched (read: 4 deep scratches) the center console (The one which has bottle holders and hand brake). I got furious and asked him to replace the unit with a new one. Which, he hesitantly did.

Last edited by sidzz : 25th October 2016 at 10:13.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 11:02   #1099
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
What is the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained. Most of the times I travel alone. on weekends max 2 people will travel. Is it 32 or 33 or a combination of it for front and rear. I am unable to decide. Please help.
The only "ideal" tyre pressure is the one which makes the driver & occupants most comfortable (as long as it's within the safe limits).

Most manufacturers tend to "recommend" slightly higher tyre pressures - in the interests of obtaining a better FE number on the ARAI test.

You can begin with the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure (cold) that's on the sticker on the driver's door frame. If this leads to a bumpy ride, reduce the pressure all-round by 2 psi. If the ride is still bumpy, reduce it by another 2 psi. You should be able to find your ideal tyre pressure by this experimentation method within 5~6 psi of the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure.

Whatever pressure you choose, do make it a point to check (& maintain) it at regular intervals!

Last edited by RSR : 25th October 2016 at 11:06.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 21:03   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The only "ideal" tyre pressure is the one which makes the driver & occupants most comfortable (as long as it's within the safe limits).

You can begin with the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure (cold) that's on the sticker on the driver's door frame. If this leads to a bumpy ride, reduce the pressure all-round by 2 psi. If the ride is still bumpy, reduce it by another 2 psi. You should be able to find your ideal tyre pressure by this experimentation method within 5~6 psi of the "manufacturer recommended" tyre pressure.

Whatever pressure you choose, do make it a point to check (& maintain) it at regular intervals!
Another thing to remember while finding correct tyre pressure is that if you are on a road trip or if your daily driving involves driving on the highway - make sure you do not go much lower than the recommended level. Always remember - lower tyre pressure is more dangerous than higher; more so on highways to avoid tyre bursts due to heating !!
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2016, 09:55   #1101
BHPian

Well, I witnessed live, the niggle discussed earlier in the thread.

Today morning in bumber-to-bumper traffic the console lights went off and all meters were reset except the odometer. All needles went back to default position and did a full sweep. As if I had switched off and on the ignition quickly. There was no jerk or loss of power. I did not panic as i had already read the posts.

This happened first time in my 1.5 yrs of ownership.

Has anybody found any solution to this?
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote