Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd January 2017, 15:38   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Please help!
You can refer this ownership review (Shifting from the Marutis to my 1st Hyundai - The Grand i10 Automatic) for details.
Grand Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 02:39   #1127

Hi all,

My grand i10 is 18 months old. When do we need to do wheel balancing and alignment. Are both advisable and how much would each cost?
trichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 11:10   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichy View Post
Hi all,

My grand i10 is 18 months old. When do we need to do wheel balancing and alignment. Are both advisable and how much would each cost?
You should try having your wheels rotated, balanced and aligned every 5000kms. I don't think it should be more than 800-1000 rupees at a good tire place.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 21:07   #1129
BHPian

It appears that the facelift of i10 Grand has been launched today.
http://overdrive.in/news/2017-hyunda...s-4-58-lakhth/[/url]

As per the article
a) New 1.2 diesel engine has also been introduced.
b) The facelift also includes DRL.
c) Another notable point is the price reduction of base petrol variant by 30K
DImPo is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 18:11   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
It appears that the facelift of i10 Grand has been launched today.
http://overdrive.in/news/2017-hyunda...s-4-58-lakhth/[/url]
One of the funny quotes from the article on overdrive. Seems more and more publications are cutting costs on proof reading.

Quote:
Hyundai offers a warranty of 2 years or unlimited kilometres, whichever is earlier, on the new Grand i10.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 20:12   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
One of the funny quotes from the article on overdrive. Seems more and more publications are cutting costs on proof reading.
Firstpost.com also carried the same news on 28th Jan 2017 ()

Now it looks like this news item is fake.
DImPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 10:54   #1132
BHPian

Dear All,

I am having an issue with my newly acquired Grand i10, never faced this issue with any of my earlier cars. Requesting advice from Grand i10 owners.

From the time of delivery I am noticing this with Air Condition-air flow at dash-board.

Air-con flow of two center outlet is having much higher air flow compared to two corner out-lets. By placing your hand on either of the center out-let and on one corner outlet, one can easily compare and find this out.
Also as a result, blower noise is pretty high from center out-lets.

Is this standard phenomenon with Grand i10 AC? Or should I seek service center advice?
Sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 11:28   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
From the time of delivery I am noticing this with Air Condition-air flow at dash-board.

Air-con flow of two center outlet ... blower noise is pretty high from center out-lets.

Is this standard phenomenon ... should I seek service center advice?
For the 1.5 years I had grand i10, did have same observation, but there wasn't a huge difference. This stronger flow at center A/C vents does help in faster cooling at rear. The A/C vents at rear are practically not of much use.

But even in my Wagon R, the side A/C vents throw a bit of less air, particularly the one at driver's side. Dont worry about it much. Grand i10 has very effective A/C and even in summers on highway anything beyond 2nd blower speed is not required. The blower itself is noisy, but that is pretty much the same observation in almost all cars from that segment.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2017, 09:15   #1134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonov32 View Post
Hi Nikunj,

Thank you for your reply. Last time around the colour of seat covers had also changed and they are again beginning to show the orange tinge. What kind of manufacturing defect are you suggesting? I can try and put a filter paper at the AC exhaust to check if the emission is because of it. Any ideas you'd have?

Dear Antonov32 i also own a grand i10 and my car do not have any issues like this. Please take photos of this to proper camera and send it to Hyundai Customer care. I think they could only provide you proper guidance. Don't waste your time on visiting Hyundai Dealers.
N4Nikunj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 14:58   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonov32 View Post
Thank you for your reply.
Any update on this issue?
Resolved?
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 10:07   #1136
BHPian

Does anyone with the petrol feel that the clutch gets harder to press at higher rpms? When you shift at 3500rpm it's harder than at 2000/2500 rpm. Haven't experienced this in any other car, there's always a uniform hardness/softness.

Car has done 20k.
rayjaycleoful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2017, 10:54   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Does anyone with the petrol feel that the clutch gets harder to press at higher rpms? When you shift at 3500rpm it's harder than at 2000/2500 rpm. Haven't experienced this in any other car, there's always a uniform hardness/softness.

Car has done 20k.
I never felt this in my 2 years of ownership. I have done extensive city driving and long drives. The clutch is butter smooth.
sidzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 18:19   #1138
BHPian

The price reduced base petrol is a reasonable alternative for someone considering the Wagon R. How does the grand i10 handle tall passengers in the rear seat? I am planning to buy a wagon R for city use only but the 1.2 kappa petrol seems a no brainer upgrade at a marginal premium from the k10 of the Wagon R
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 09:39   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
How does the grand i10 handle tall passengers in the rear seat?
It should do fine, the WagonR is of course taller than the Grand by a couple of inches but it has a basic, bench-type seating which is set higher to match the height, comfortable nonetheless. The Grand i10 has a medium seat height, you neither walk-in to the rear seat, nor bend uncomfortably to sit, the rear-seat back-rest has a considerable resting angle which I love, I hate straight seats and this angle was on-par with the Getz. In such a setting one typically gets 2-3 inches more headroom than say a near-90 degree setup since the head can slant comfortably to use the neck-rests and is slightly away from the roof.

At 5'10 I may not be tall but certainly above the average height, and I felt I had about 3 inches each, of headroom and legroom after assuming a comfortable seating position. Do try and make sure it matches your needs, though.

Last edited by dark.knight : 13th March 2017 at 09:40.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 16:10   #1140
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Accompanied a friend to do a PDI(pre-registration) of a Grand i10 Asta (Auto) today. As per the dealer, it is the last 2016 Grand i10 in their inventory so came with a good pricing of about ~7.4Lakhs on road (about a lakh less than original pricing), not sure if this a steal

Not having too much of an idea about the Grand i10 2016 Vs 2017 models, I found that the major differences were (2016 Grand i10 Asta CVT Petrol is the equivalent of 2017 Grand i10 Sportz CVT Petrol, so comparing them here):
1. 2017 model does NOT get ABS
2. 2017 model gets a new bumper grille, DRLs near Fog lamp, a dual-tone rear bumper, new alloy design (diamond cut), new infotainment system.
*I did not like the fact that Hyundai decided to drop ABS (#1) in favor of the features mentioned in #2
3. 2016 model has a Start/Stop button, keyless entry and request sensors on front door. These are not available in the 2017 model.

*Decoded the VIN to determine it was an Oct 2016 manufactured car.

Last edited by NPV : 25th March 2017 at 16:14.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote