Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th November 2016, 17:59   #2476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

I somehow think their analysis is wrong and this won't be the end of the issue but since the water pump has anyway been ordered and i'v been told it'll take between a week to 10 days for it to reach i'm stuck without a car. So much for a hassle -free skoda experience.

See first of all, I had asked the service center whether or not it's possible to clean the radiator with high pressure water or air, to which they refused, that they never need cleaning, unless there is a coolant leak, and then it has to be replaced.

Did you check the colour of the coolant?

It is 100% the water pump failing, and it should fix the problem after replacement. Ask them to drain the entire coolant and give new coolant which costs only about 7-800₹ plus labour.

Are they charging you for water pump or it's under extended warranty?
adi_petrolhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 20:51   #2477
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
See first of all, I had asked the service center whether or not it's possible to clean the radiator with high pressure water or air, to which they refused, that they never need cleaning, unless there is a coolant leak, and then it has to be replaced.

Did you check the colour of the coolant?

It is 100% the water pump failing, and it should fix the problem after replacement. Ask them to drain the entire coolant and give new coolant which costs only about 7-800₹ plus labour.

Are they charging you for water pump or it's under extended warranty?
The car had just come back from a service a while back. The coolant color was the pinkish red that it always is. Even the level was perfect except that now iv been told that the level has gone down hence they've found it out to be a leak. I beg to differ though since i drove the car for a good 7-8 days prior to sending it and monitored the coolant level diligently since the temperature was fluctuating.

Nope they aren't charging for the water pump that's the only solace since its covered under extended warranty.
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 23:27   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

Nope they aren't charging for the water pump that's the only solace since its covered under extended warranty.

Best time to check the coolant level would be around 5-6 hours after your last trip, or may be even the next morning. Ask them to check and send you snaps of the level indicator.

Not necessarily a leak, but it might be the case that coolant isn't circulating fully because of the water pump being stuck. A 'leak' has to go somewhere?? On the floor, in the engine bay, anywhere else. Even if it was a minor leak it would have drained fully by now is what I feel. A visit from yourself is a must, even though the service advisor is a task to deal with, do it for your long term benefit with the vehicle.
adi_petrolhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 23:53   #2479
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

The head unit of my Octavia TSI has suddenly stopped working. Will have to visit to the service centre tomorrow . It's a 4 month old car with 2500kms on odo.
sudhir3127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 15:14   #2480
BHPian

My Superb has started behaving rather odd lately.First the memory function of the seats went kaput and since then the driver side seat started moving on its own that too when I was driving on a National Highway.
I had a conversation with the dealer and he has diagnosed a "faulty memory switch " and has quoted ₹3500 for the part.
Anybody with a similar experience?
ishlinea7260 is offline   Reply With Quote