Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th September 2017, 06:42   #2926
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Does anyone use the Skoda bluetooth app to control the audio controls on a regular basis?

I had tried once, but my system somehow went into lockdown, and I am pretty scared to try it again.
sharktale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 17:31   #2927
BHPian

Any idea regarding the low ground clearance for this car?
I mean as per our road conditions, I believe the ground clearance is at 155 mm.

So technically this car should be hitting the bottom very often. Can anyone confirm this?

In a city like Delhi NCR, especially Noida, how does one think of buying this car with the current road conditions.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 18:32   #2928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post

So technically this car should be hitting the bottom very often. Can anyone confirm this?

In a city like Delhi NCR, especially Noida, how does one think of buying this car with the current road conditions.
Not at all. Bangalore has mountain speedbreakers and big potholes and it doesn't scrape since suspension is stiffer than happy/Korean and wheelbase is not too long.

Superb has 165mm GC but much longer wheelbase but I am happy with first 310km of driving - no scrapes, of course one needs to do go slow over big breakers.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 21:27   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post

No issues at all. Been using the Octavia for the last 1 year in Noida and NCR. Has not scraped a single speed breaker even after the rains.
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 10:09   #2930
BHPian

So my Octavia completed a year on 3 October 2017 and the odometer read 16,800 km. There are absolutely no issues to report and the car still feels and drives like i have just take it out of the showroom. There is no unwarranted noise from anywhere.

A lot of people have raised concerns over the 155 mm ground clearance- and i am happy to report that the car has not bottomed or scraped anywhere till date. This includes 3 out station trips to Palampur. The DSG too has been performing flawlessly, as it did for 5.5 years on my Laura.

The mileage has settled to 14.5-15 on a tankful to tankful method for in city use. Early morning drives (around 0745 hrs) to Gurgaon usually displays an average of around 22.

I have incurred the following expenses on the car over the last 1 year:

1. PPF and some gloss black wraps: Rs. 21,000
2. Bonnet Struts: Rs. 4,000
3. Milotec bits: Rs. 3,500
4. 3M interior cleaning (once): Rs. 4,800
5. Lots of VCDS updates: Free Free Free
6. Service: Zilch! Thanks to the 4 year service pack from Skoda.

Do i miss the independent suspension of the Laura? Nope- not one bit in the city driving conditions or the highway- maybe just a bit in the mountains. Not a deal breaker for sure. My wife prefers the ride of the Octavia to the W204 C200 and that is saying something. She is rather sensitive to ride comfort.

So if you are looking for a D segment diesel sedan, look no further and get your self the Octavia. There is no better car in this price bracket even with that ugly face!

Happy to answer any queries.

Cheers!
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 5th October 2017 at 10:24.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote