Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 23:37   #781
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
I have the race blue 1.8 TSI!

Got the delivery 1st week Feb from Giriraj motors Gurgaon.

The TSI is real fun to drive and I really liked the race blue color. Was thinking between the red and blue and then decided to go for the blue with full consensus of the family.

I Have not been able to click snaps so far, it's on my to do list and will share soon.

Regards,
Manu
My race blue Tdi elegance will be delivered sometime in april,,but i am really eager to catch a glimps of the car in this color on road. It would be great if you could share some pictures of your latest possesion..
vishesh vats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 01:30   #782
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 306 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishesh vats View Post
My race blue Tdi elegance will be delivered sometime in april,,but i am really eager to catch a glimps of the car in this color on road. It would be great if you could share some pictures of your latest possesion..
Ummm, i guess you skipped out the last page. He has posted the pictures there.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 00:11   #783
BHPian
 
saurabh sharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 54
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Need some advice, my 1.8tsi has clocked 4700km & the engine oil level has gone low, the light turned on today.. Need to top up, skoda india site says VW 502 standard whereas the owner manual states VW 504 standard engine oil.. any suggestions on which brand engine oil to be used for top up? Dont wanna take the can to A.S.S for this.
saurabh sharma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 09:19   #784
Senior - BHPian
 
el lobo 6061's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,455
Thanked: 932 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh sharma View Post
Need some advice, my 1.8tsi has clocked 4700km & the engine oil level has gone low, the light turned on today.. Need to top up, skoda india site says VW 502 standard whereas the owner manual states VW 504 standard engine oil.. any suggestions on which brand engine oil to be used for top up? Dont wanna take the can to A.S.S for this.
Why not purchase a can from workshop and top it up by yourself? Workshop would be having stock of engine oil and would be according to VW standard. No need to break ones head over figuring out which one would work perfectly.
el lobo 6061 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 09:44   #785
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Here are some pictures of the new car that I clicked today.
Thanks a lot for the great pictures,,we can't keep from asking for more..!!
Some daytime pics too would be great,after all your ride is something one ought to aptly boast about..
vishesh vats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 11:21   #786
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 56
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I have a query that is going to make me sound stupid but this automatic windshield wiper function - is it supposed to turn on automatically whenever it rains or is only the wiper speed automatic.
For example, it rained in Delhi today but I had to turn the wiper on myself. Once on, the wiper speed kept increasing and decreasing.

PS - The automatic function is on.
mysticmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 11:37   #787
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 306 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

It usually is meant to turn on the wipers automatically and then adjust speed according to the rain intensity.

There could be possibly be some dirt or stuff on the sensor on the windscreen which caused it to not work.

Try the old trick i used to do during my old octavia RS days.

Take a long water pipe and spray water slowly or use a bucket to sprinkle water on top of the sensor and see if it works
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 11:54   #788
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,389
Thanked: 5,253 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey View Post
I have a query that is going to make me sound stupid but this automatic windshield wiper function - is it supposed to turn on automatically whenever it rains or is only the wiper speed automatic.
For example, it rained in Delhi today but I had to turn the wiper on myself. Once on, the wiper speed kept increasing and decreasing.

PS - The automatic function is on.
The wipers will turn on automatically only if the wiper stalk is on the the auto setting. The lowest setting is off, in which even the auto wipers will not work. The position above that is auto, in which they will come on and off automatically.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 13:09   #789
BHPian
 
rugsrags's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 144
Thanked: 70 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

I have set my heart now on a white Octavia elegance in diesel. Enquired from the dealer and luckily due to a cancellation he has one in stock and in white too. Seeing as to the long delivery periods otherwise being mentioned I guess its a sign to just pick it up.
Had planned on booking two one manual and one automatic but the manual is not available before May and earlier the elegance was said to be in even shorter supply.
The only fly in the ointment is any discount whatsoever even on picking up two cars. Audi offers way more eagerness and even discounts when i went enquiring for two q3's.
Ahh well one does get more car in a skoda viz a viz an audi at this price bracket especially considering the similarities between an A4 and the Octavia.
Have already told the dealer to block the car for me and hopefully i'll manage getting the car before Holi!! Just frustrating that the variety of cars are pretty limited even when spending 22 big ones on one
rugsrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 14:27   #790
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7,893
Thanked: 5,569 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Skoda apparently loses money if they sell more than 300 cars. I have absolutely no idea how. Check the tweet below.

But again,the current sales numbers are nowhere near 300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But to say that upto 300units we make money and anymore sold we lose, is like the craziest thing I have heard..
I believe Rohin is referring to the vRS import specifically, and NOT the garden variety Octy.

In the unlikely event that they do import the vRS directly as a CBU, how do they stand to lose profits? Is it because homologation is an expensive process? Or are they looking to sell the CBU Octy vRS at slashed prices, given that a full import may be 30+ lakhs on the road?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 17:24   #791
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 314
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

His response was a reply to the tweet about the low number of Octavias on the road. Since VRS is not yet launched, I thought he was referring to the regular ones. Skoda is managing the sales of the non VRS very effectively so even if they want to keep the sales of the VRS below 10 they can do that easily.

My car just completed 1400 kms. Did a trip to Coorg, and the TDI DSG returned 17.4 KM/L average. The best was 21.7 when the car was under the watchful eye of the numerous speed cameras en route.

More than the fuel efficiency, I was impressed by the GC of the car. The road to our estate is far from perfect especially with the widening work going on and the car cleared all obstacles with flying colors. ( with two 50 kg rice bags in the boot )
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia : Official Review-1photo-090314-6-23-23-am.jpg  

Skoda Octavia : Official Review-1photo-090314-7-55-37-am.jpg  

Skoda Octavia : Official Review-1photo-280214-1-46-39-pm.jpg  

joethomasv is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 18:05   #792
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,354
Thanked: 820 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

The FE numbers look pleasing.
The under-body protection is just awesome. Thanks for the photo.
I love Skoda for this. My Laura also looks fit to go anywhere.

BTW, what's this GUI showing the FE and other stats? It's built-in or after-market?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 11th March 2014 at 18:06.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 19:58   #793
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 306 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
His response was a reply to the tweet about the low number of Octavias on the road. Since VRS is not yet launched, I thought he was referring to the regular ones. Skoda is managing the sales of the non VRS very effectively so even if they want to keep the sales of the VRS below 10 they can do that easily.

My car just completed 1400 kms. Did a trip to Coorg, and the TDI DSG returned 17.4 KM/L average. The best was 21.7 when the car was under the watchful eye of the numerous speed cameras en route.

More than the fuel efficiency, I was impressed by the GC of the car. The road to our estate is far from perfect especially with the widening work going on and the car cleared all obstacles with flying colors. ( with two 50 kg rice bags in the boot )
Damn, thats a great mileage for a 2 Litre DSG.

And kudos to Skoda for this underbody protection, looks built to last a million miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
The FE numbers look pleasing.
The under-body protection is just awesome. Thanks for the photo.
I love Skoda for this. My Laura also looks fit to go anywhere.

BTW, what's this GUI showing the FE and other stats? It's built-in or after-market?
This is the OEM Bolero Headunit.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 20:19   #794
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 226
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
My car just completed 1400 kms. Did a trip to Coorg, and the TDI DSG returned 17.4 KM/L average. The best was 21.7 when the car was under the watchful eye of the numerous speed cameras en route.
Wow man it is really impressive mileage, the best I got was 18km/L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
The FE numbers look pleasing.
The under-body protection is just awesome. Thanks for the photo.
I love Skoda for this. My Laura also looks fit to go anywhere.

BTW, what's this GUI showing the FE and other stats? It's built-in or after-market?
It is built in infotainment system. It even shows fuel consumed by AC.

Last edited by B747 : 11th March 2014 at 20:22.
B747 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 23:04   #795
Senior - BHPian
 
graaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,029
Thanked: 1,614 Times
Default

Just saw in the Vento TSI and Polo TSI threads that VW has announced extended warranty for these cars, at a very high 41K. Maybe Skoda will soon follow with extended warranty for Octavia. Guess the price of extended warranty should be even high for Octavia. How high is anybody's guess!
graaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG : Official Review .anshuman Official New Car Reviews 224 24th October 2016 15:52
Driven: 2nd-gen Skoda Superb (2014) moralfibre Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 84 9th October 2016 12:44
Beauty of the Beast Skoda Octavia RS - 57000 km review ajmat Long-Term Ownership Reviews 201 14th April 2016 11:57
From a Skoda Octavia to a Skoda Rapid RedRapid Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 28 17th March 2015 11:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks