Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 20:39   #256
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
...Help me decide a color in the next 2 days, I have to book it since no one really wants Petrol, they wont be able to sell it off so I have to be precise.
Go to their stockyard and have a look at all the colors on display. Choose the one you like the most.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 21:55   #257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Go to their stockyard and have a look at all the colors on display. Choose the one you like the most.
I did that, I saw each and every color. Unfortunately I don't like ANY of them. The Bronze Grey is OK, but doesn't look as exciting as the pictures. The Black looks nice but gets dirty easily and would get hotter. The White looks nice from up close but from far its just a WHITE car, the pearl shine is not that visible. The Silver is SILVER...

The Sterling Grey looks crappy and the RED looks faded and not that exciting.

My first choice was Bronze grey, then the family and the wife asking for White or Black. The friends suggesting White or Silver and the Parents suggesting Bronze Grey or White.

Common denominator is White but I don't want White.

Could you guys give some reasoning on why a certain color is more preferred. Just your views would help.
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 22:12   #258
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Help me decide a color in the next 2 days, I have to book it since no one really wants Petrol, they wont be able to sell it off so I have to be precise.
If resale is your main concern. Go with lighter shades. Blade Silver or Pearl White.

With Diesel price going north, in the next few years the Diesel price advantage will be no more.
HillMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 07:38   #259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I am getting Petrol just for that reason. Not sure if Resale is my priority, but I have identified Bronze Grey, Blade Silver and Pearl White between the list.

Now just need to freeze one by today.

Any thoughts? White will blend in with all the other cars on the road as will the Silver but the Bronze Grey is new to the Terrano and looks good. My only gripe is that the Silver finishing doesn't match the paint at all, neither does the black finishing on the B C pillars.
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 07:52   #260
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,500
Thanked: 5,219 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I checked the Nissan website and found that only the base variant, XE come with all black interiors.

How I wish ABS, EBD + BA was available in XE. It is only available from the next variant, XL onward.

Hope Nissan has the black colour scheme for XL too.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 08:10   #261
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

No it doesnt, it would have looked great to have a Silver or White with Black interiors.
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 09:04   #262
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
...Could you guys give some reasoning on why a certain color is more preferred. Just your views would help.
A lot of people prefer their cars to be sober and hence these white / silver choice. They also reason that scratches will be less visible on these shades. But I believe in choosing a color which suits BEST on that particular car.

While black will get dusty & hotter, if you like this color, there is no point in shying away. I would definitely buy a black if I believe that is the BEST color for a car, irrespective of the maintenance worries. You just need to take it for a detailing every 6 months to make it look new.

Edit:: Could anyone post all the colors of the Terrano and also the all-black interiors please? I would love to see those.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th December 2013 at 09:05.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 09:36   #263
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
A lot of people prefer their cars to be sober and hence these white / silver choice. They also reason that scratches will be less visible on these shades. But I believe in choosing a color which suits BEST on that particular car.

While black will get dusty & hotter, if you like this color, there is no point in shying away. I would definitely buy a black if I believe that is the BEST color for a car, irrespective of the maintenance worries. You just need to take it for a detailing every 6 months to make it look new.

Edit:: Could anyone post all the colors of the Terrano and also the all-black interiors please? I would love to see those.
Would White or Bronze Grey have issues with Scratches or fading? Also, does it look preferred over other colors?

I am leaning more towards Bronze Grey. (I am not an indecisive guy, but somehow none of the colors suit me or the Wifey.)
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:08   #264
P76
BHPian
 
P76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I did that, I saw each and every color. Unfortunately I don't like ANY of them. The Bronze Grey is OK, but doesn't look as exciting as the pictures. The Black looks nice but gets dirty easily and would get hotter. The White looks nice from up close but from far its just a WHITE car, the pearl shine is not that visible. The Silver is SILVER...

The Sterling Grey looks crappy and the RED looks faded and not that exciting.

My first choice was Bronze grey, then the family and the wife asking for White or Black. The friends suggesting White or Silver and the Parents suggesting Bronze Grey or White.

Common denominator is White but I don't want White.

Could you guys give some reasoning on why a certain color is more preferred. Just your views would help.
In my opinion, the manufacturer choses to launch the car in the Colour that best suits it ie., in Photos, and in Showrooms. Ford used Mars Red for the Ecosport, Renault-Woodland Brown, and so on.
Nissan launched the Terrano in Bronze grey, and IMO, after Black, only Bronze Grey suits the Terrano well. As pointed out by swiftnfurious, Black is the only colour that looks stunning on any car, but your apprehensions about maintaining a Black car are also valid, particularly in India, where bikers and cyclists 'rub shoulders' with cars!.
I have seen Silver and White Terranos, which IMO look a bit dull and lifeless
P76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 12:06   #265
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,158
Thanked: 5,039 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
Would White or Bronze Grey have issues with Scratches or fading? Also, does it look preferred over other colors?

I am leaning more towards Bronze Grey. (I am not an indecisive guy, but somehow none of the colors suit me or the Wifey.)
If you are one of those guys who do NOT believe (or do NOT have enough time) in keeping the car in top shape, white or silver will be better. That means, scratches & fading will be experienced to a minimal level; but if you can get a good detailing from a reputed vendor once in 6 months or once in a year, then you can choose a darker color too.

I get my 5 year old red Swift detailed once a year and it's still looking good - save for some deep scratches which will need repainting. This in spite of parking in some open spaces for close to 1 year. Trust me, there is absolutely NO paint fading except for some minor spots (which need to be checked very closely) where bird poop was deposited for couple of days - that was again my mistake; bird wastes should be washed off immediately.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th December 2013 at 12:09.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 16:39   #266
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Thanks guys, I think I have zeroed in on White unless things change.

Back in the States, I would have gone for Black of Bronze Grey, but yes Its difficult to keep your ride spiffy all the time here.

The dealer has suggested Silver as it looks the best "according to him" but Ill stick with White because I already have had a few Silver cars.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 16:47   #267
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 47
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
The projector lights on the door look cool. Is it an official Nissan Accesory or aftermarket?

Wonder if there is a similar one available for Ecosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The ghost lamps are available for most manufacturers.

I am sure, it should be available with auto accessories shop near you. Otherwise, here is a link from eBay.
It is an after market & would be available for cheaper prices outside dealership. Also it is available with all car maker names. Saw a Cruze the other day with animated image projection (The Chevrolet logo was going round n round. coool! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I am totally confused about the color. Is there any valid reasoning to not go for Black?

I am getting the XL Petrol for 10.95 On Road with the standard accessories and 4th year warranty (Family Dealer).
Black would need all the love and care, regular waxing, once in a while detailing etc to look presentable. Having said that, I just got a scratch on my BronseGrey and it is pretty visible from the sides.

Petrol is perfect, provided you don't drive like 30-40 kilometers a day. But yes, resale value will depreciate significantly for these bigger vehicles unlike hatchbacks.
anil_neo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 18:17   #268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Thanks anil_neo.

Just got a call from the dealer, he has Silver available (Although I want delivery in Jan 14, not 2013 - crappy year for me so). White will be ordered and should come in by then but not 100% sure.

I drive 11 KMS 1 way to work, so 22 Kms round trip. Based on the prices, I would save Rs 700 per month on Fuel if I go Diesel.

Even with the added leisure trips I may take a year, I may only save 5k - 10k of fuel on those + 700 per month.
dhruvmalik is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 23:53   #269
BHPian
 
VinodDevil81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KL
Posts: 140
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

On road,Terrano looks even shorter than Duster. When I checked the specs, it is 2 cms shorter than Duster. Though 2 cms may not matter much, I always felt that even Duster was way too short to be called an SUV ( or Soft-roader or Compact-SUV or whatever it is called these days).Even Ecosport is just almost as tall as a WagonR only.To me, height is one of the primary features that define an SUV. Height gives it that macho look and presence that differentiates it from hatchbacks. Because of this reason,I have never felt Ecosport as a compact-SUV. To me, its just a swollen hatchback. Is there any design constraint monocoque SUVs face that prevents it from getting the full height of a real-SUV? Will increasing the height to conventional SUV levels result in increased body-roll in these monocoques? Or is it just a new trend in styling? May be we are just new to the concept of compact-SUV and as time passes, we will get used to this.
VinodDevil81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2013, 16:14   #270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Booked Silver with
1) Leather Seat covers
2) Reverse camera
3) LED ORVM Blinkers
4) Trunk Guard
5) Leather Steering Wheel
6) Floor Mats + Trunk Mats (Carpet)
7) Muf Flaps

10.95 On Road + 16k for these accessories

Blade Silver XL - Petrol
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano gennius In-Car Entertainment 266 1st September 2016 02:14
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October parrys The Indian Car Scene 227 9th October 2013 14:56
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 381 20th August 2013 13:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks