Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 03:31   #376
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Happy to join TeamBHP before I take delivery of my new car. Had booked Terrano 85ps XL plus with Kochi dealer last week. The car is ready but i will get to lay hands on it only next Friday. cant wait.
kirren07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 06:23   #377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
@dhruv - thanks for clarifying about the Bluetooth feature - the SA forgot to mention it (odd, because they tend to harp on those points).

As Dhruv said, Terrano prices will go up by 4% within a week or so.

Just for the sake of reference, I'll list the latest on-road prices across variants in Kolkata as per the dealer's price list. Note these prices include a 5 year road tax. For lifetime tax - add approx 50k.

Petrol:
XL - 11.23

Diesel 85PS:
XE - 10.98
XL - 12.17
XL Plus - 12.48

Diesel 110PS:
XL - 12.92
XV - 13.85
XV Premium - 14.19

All prices in Rs. lakhs. SA was firm about no discounts, which I find odd given the competition.
No Discounts because the 4% hike is going in Nissan's pockets and not the dealer. They only earn the same margin that they were suppose to.

Where the discounts be visible is if you take your own insurance and tell them to throw in some accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Well, I'm kind of embarrassed to say this, but I find myself going for the higher output variant quite often- like buying a 350CDI when the 220CDI is more than adequate or going for the 4WD variant of Scorpio and never being in a situation to use it all the while I owned it, or paying extra and waiting longer for a BS4 variant while BS3 is all that is needed in my state, etc.

Equally embarrassing it is for me to admit that I seldom drive above 70km/h whenever I'm at the wheel, and fumes at my driver if he ever goes faster.

And I'm afraid my reply is . Sorry.
Its sometimes a belief or a common practice to go for the best, but as HillMan said, at this case it wont be adequate. The Petrol and or the XL Diesel Plus would be more than suitable.

One note to all. IF you are deciding, I suggest you pay for that sucker right away to avoid the Rs. 40k (4%) hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirren07 View Post
Happy to join TeamBHP before I take delivery of my new car. Had booked Terrano 85ps XL plus with Kochi dealer last week. The car is ready but i will get to lay hands on it only next Friday. cant wait.
Congrats! Hope you paid it in full and are only waiting for the delivery. This being said in addition to my statement above.

Last edited by dhruvmalik : 4th January 2014 at 06:25.
dhruvmalik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 14:09   #378
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

yes, I paid the full amount by december 30 and got the car registered on Jan 3. I live in chennai, but bought the car in Kochi, where i have a house, because it's around 50k cheaper. will be driving down to kochi next friday to take delivery. Bye the way any route suggestions for driving down to kochi? I was planning to take Vellore-krishnagiri-salem route. But a friend suggested GST road via Chengalpet.
kirren07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 11:08   #379
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

My car is nearing the 1000 km mark and would be due for its first service soon. Wanted to know from the fellows owners who have already got the first service done, what all need to be taken care of during this first service/checkup?
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 14:52   #380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I was told to just do the 5k servicing, no 1k service is there. Ill call up again when 1k approaches. I only have 150 Kms on it as of now.

Just washed and waxed the Silver Surfer... Spent nearly 3 hours cleaning it inside and out...
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 16:01   #381
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
what all need to be taken care of during this first service/checkup?
Report any niggles or noise you heard, rattle or anything. 1k service is just a health check and water wash. This is mainly intended for customer feedback after delivery, as it is the first major outing for the car after assembly.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th January 2014 at 16:02.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 16:35   #382
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Report any niggles or noise you heard, rattle or anything. 1k service is just a health check and water wash. This is mainly intended for customer feedback after delivery, as it is the first major outing for the car after assembly.
I read something about Engine larcing in the Duster thread? Is it required?

what about of Oil change/Brake bleeding?
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 20:24   #383
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
I read something about Engine larcing in the Duster thread? Is it required?

what about of Oil change/Brake bleeding?
No oil change and all on first service. If you have spongy brake then bleeding is required, else nothing to do.

Engine lacquering is a water proofing spray they do in the engine bay. It is a good to have as it will save electronic components from accidental water splashes.

Water spray wash in the engine compartment is never to be done. There is a warning sticker near the batteries as well. Only wipe clean.

Last edited by HillMan : 5th January 2014 at 20:29.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 21:15   #384
BHPian
 
geotracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 234
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Report any niggles or noise you heard, rattle or anything. 1k service is just a health check and water wash. This is mainly intended for customer feedback after delivery, as it is the first major outing for the car after assembly.
The niggles or noise, if any, for Dusters / Terrano, is it because of the diesel engine vibrations that things become loose and need to be tightened at the 1st service? Or, is it more of the after assembly precaution / recommendation?

Any major changes on horizon for 2014 Duster? Terrano since recently launched will be the same in 2014 model, as I ready articles.
geotracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 23:14   #385
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
The niggles or noise, if any, for Dusters / Terrano, is it because of the diesel engine vibrations that things become loose and need to be tightened at the 1st service? Or, is it more of the after assembly precaution / recommendation?
It is just an after assembly precaution. Every manufacturer follows it.

Car assembly is one of the most complex processes. There can be human errors. So if some part was fixed loose it will make unwanted noise for sure.

IMO, there wont be a new launch till end of this year. Guess the Nissan Terrano will be allowed to settle down before the facelift is announced.
HillMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 06:19   #386
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I believe at least another 18 months before we see a Face Lifted Terrano, but I do feel that the Face Lifted Duster should be coming to India soon primarily because people are getting a bit tired of the stale look and do want something "New". Although the Duster is not that OLD at all, its just a sense of perception. The Face Lift does have nice highlights which should keep it refreshed for another 2 years, by then the Terrano would be due for the "New" look.
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 08:02   #387
BHPian
 
geotracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 234
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I believe at least another 18 months before we see a Face Lifted Terrano, but I do feel that the Face Lifted Duster should be coming to India soon primarily because people are getting a bit tired of the stale look and do want something "New". Although the Duster is not that OLD at all, its just a sense of perception. The Face Lift does have nice highlights which should keep it refreshed for another 2 years, by then the Terrano would be due for the "New" look.
That's great news. Hopefully they should do something better with interior plastic quality of the Duster as also the speedometer backlight & head unit. Also maybe offer options in lighter interiors.
If they can do a little touch ups inside the cabin, it will really give it a good look.
geotracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 08:15   #388
BHPian
 
HillMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 698
Thanked: 401 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
That's great news. Hopefully they should do something better with interior plastic quality of the Duster as also the speedometer backlight & head unit. Also maybe offer options in lighter interiors.
If they can do a little touch ups inside the cabin, it will really give it a good look.
The interior plastic quality of Duster is more on the durable side to give a squeak and rattle free performance for years. It seems to be holding well thru harsh driving conditions (based on various user reviews).

Only niggle is the door rattle, I haven't faced yet in 6000kms. This is more to do with the lighter door beading on Duster. People following the Duster threads already know of the solution. Looks like the issue is already solved for the Terrano, as fellow Bhpians have reported a more reassuring thud while closing the door.
HillMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 09:36   #389
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 79
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

I do get a nice THUD when closing the front doors, havent sat in the back at all yet. I have only 180Kms on the car now.

Although the headunit is fine on the Terrano and the duster, it could use some Jazz up to make it a bit more featurefilled. Thankfully it goes to Night mode and dims it when it knows its dark outside (probably to do with the time instead of any other sensor).
dhruvmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2014, 15:26   #390
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 66
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvmalik View Post
I do get a nice THUD when closing the front doors, havent sat in the back at all yet. I have only 180Kms on the car now.

Although the headunit is fine on the Terrano and the duster, it could use some Jazz up to make it a bit more featurefilled. Thankfully it goes to Night mode and dims it when it knows its dark outside (probably to do with the time instead of any other sensor).
The front doors close with a nice reassuring Thud, but the rear doors don't give a similar feeling.
With 950+ km on my odo, I hear a creaking sound from my front right door whenever car passes over some pot holes (I ensure to go as slow as possible). The same noise is not audible when the speed is increased. Some sort of deadening pads might be required later on once this increases.
Phoenix_Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano gennius In-Car Entertainment 266 1st September 2016 02:14
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October parrys The Indian Car Scene 227 9th October 2013 14:56
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 381 20th August 2013 13:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks