Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 23:15   #706
BHPian
 
RedTerrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 55
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

If the other vehicle also felt the same way, then I think it is safe to presume, it is 'as designed'!
I get ~13 in the city (I live in Pune and the traffic is atrocious). On the highway, I usually get around 16-17, but then I prefer to fly like the wind.
RedTerrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2016, 00:46   #707
Newbie
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
If the other vehicle also felt the same way, then I think it is safe to presume, it is 'as designed'!
I get ~13 in the city (I live in Pune and the traffic is atrocious). On the highway, I usually get around 16-17, but then I prefer to fly like the wind.
Did mileage improve after the first service ? i get 12kmpl in the city, Bangalore City , similar traffic conditions i woudl say :(
akshar890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 21:01   #708
BHPian
 
hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B'LORE-SHIMOGA
Posts: 115
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Did mileage improve after the first service ? i get 12kmpl in the city, Bangalore City , similar traffic conditions i woudl say :(
After the first service, I am getting an average of 15 kmpl in Bangalore traffic (Bannerghatta Road to Marathahalli) with my 85 PS, it may be due to synthetic oil.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 10:30   #709
BHPian
 
StrangeWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bombay
Posts: 738
Thanked: 225 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Hi guys,

I'm driving a Terrano 110 XV Premium these days.

How do I check the Distance to empty on this one? The switch thingy on the instrument cluster toggles between the tripmeter and odometer only. It doesn't show other info like litres consumed, etc.

So how do I check all that?
StrangeWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 21:26   #710
BHPian
 
hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B'LORE-SHIMOGA
Posts: 115
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Hi guys,

I'm driving a Terrano 110 XV Premium these days.

How do I check the Distance to empty on this one? The switch thingy on the instrument cluster toggles between the tripmeter and odometer only. It doesn't show other info like litres consumed, etc.

So how do I check all that?
You can navigate through different statistics by pressing the small button at the end of the wiper stalk.

Name:  nissanterrano05.jpg
Views: 3112
Size:  34.1 KB
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 20:46   #711
BHPian
 
rav11stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: RJY->BLR->PUN
Posts: 262
Thanked: 494 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Hey guys, I'm in a fix and thought I'd rather ask the owners here My Dad wants to upgrade from his Swift Dzire VXI. He test drove the Terrano and Creta and didn't find much difference in the ride quality.
In a way he's impressed with the Terrano's stance. I've suggested him to try the Scross, but it's not available in our hometown for even a test-drive.

So the question is : How relevant is the Terrano in today's market? Relevance in terms of the interior fit and finish, the gadgets. Pardon my ignorance because I've not seen the car in detail nor driven it. So I don't know if the current one is a refreshed or a facelift. Any inputs appreciated; If it's of any help my hometown is Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2016, 01:57   #712
Newbie
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Hey guys, I'm in a fix and thought I'd rather ask the owners here My Dad wants to upgrade from his Swift Dzire VXI. He test drove the Terrano and Creta and didn't find much difference in the ride quality.
In a way he's impressed with the Terrano's stance. I've suggested him to try the Scross, but it's not available in our hometown for even a test-drive.

So the question is : How relevant is the Terrano in today's market? Relevance in terms of the interior fit and finish, the gadgets. Pardon my ignorance because I've not seen the car in detail nor driven it. So I don't know if the current one is a refreshed or a facelift. Any inputs appreciated; If it's of any help my hometown is Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
Hi rav11stars,

So this according to me is a very very valid question. I recently picked up the Terrano , its been about 5 months or so since I've bought it. Apart from the initial niggles that i had , which was cause of shifting from a Petrol Small car to a Diesel SUV, this car has been great. Now that this is out of the way, the Creta is a great car. But according to me , in Bangalore at least , the waiting period on the Creta is HUGE !!! Its not something i appreciate and according to me , its about a Lakh over priced.

The Creta drives more like a car , the Terrano feels a bit more like an SUV ( a little more rugged ), at least this was the initial impression i had when i went for a test drive. There is no doubt that the Creta comes with more Bells and Whistles, depending on the model that you do pick up, you might get Projector Headlamps, DRL's Touchscreen music systems etc etc. BUT, i feel the Terrano is a better vehicle, you might even get great Deals on the Terrano since it is an old car. So it comes down to what you require the Vehicle for.

Coming down to your other question , i dont think the Terrano has never seen a face lift from the time its been released, the interiors are bit dated compared to the fluidic design that Hyundai is using to make its cars. But the grill that the Terrano has, MY GOD; its to die for.

I think I went on a bit of a rant. I hope this helped and cleared out some of your doubts.

Last edited by ampere : 28th February 2016 at 10:36. Reason: Formatted post
akshar890 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 11:49   #713
BHPian
 
hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B'LORE-SHIMOGA
Posts: 115
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
So the question is : How relevant is the Terrano in today's market? Relevance in terms of the interior fit and finish, the gadgets. Pardon my ignorance because I've not seen the car in detail nor driven it. So I don't know if the current one is a refreshed or a facelift. Any inputs appreciated; If it's of any help my hometown is Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
Hey rav11stars,

I am not sure if you have already decided or yet to decide. It is an obvious question considering Terrano launched in 2013 and Creta in 2015. Creta is two years younger to Terrano and you can see that difference in them.

I own Terrano since 10 months and test driven Creta. Terrano definitely looks and feels more matured and butch SUV compared to younger and fancy looking Creta. I like more rugged and conventional SUV designs rather than fluidic with cuts /creased designs on SUVs.

Even if I was searching for a SUV in the market today, I would have still gone for Terrano, though I feel it is high time they bring a facelift with upgraded interiors.

Best wishes for your decision making.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:36   #714
BHPian
 
rav11stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: RJY->BLR->PUN
Posts: 262
Thanked: 494 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi rav11stars,
So this according to me is a very very valid question. I recently picked up the Terrano , its been about 5 months or so since I've bought it. Apart from the initial niggles that i had , which was cause of shifting from a Petrol Small car to a Diesel SUV, this car has been great.

Coming down to your other question , i dont think the Terrano has never seen a face lift from the time its been released, the interiors are bit dated compared to the fluidic design that Hyundai is using to make its cars. But the grill that the Terrano has, MY GOD; its to die for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Hey rav11stars,
I am not sure if you have already decided or yet to decide. It is an obvious question considering Terrano launched in 2013 and Creta in 2015. Creta is two years younger to Terrano and you can see that difference in them.

I own Terrano since 10 months and test driven Creta. Terrano definitely looks and feels more matured and butch SUV compared to younger and fancy looking Creta. I like more rugged and conventional SUV designs rather than fluidic with cuts /creased designs on SUVs.

Even if I was searching for a SUV in the market today, I would have still gone for Terrano, though I feel it is high time they bring a facelift with upgraded interiors.

Best wishes for your decision making.
Thank you guys for your inputs. It's actually for my Dad and like you the butch looks played a role in the choice. He particularly said he felt that the Creta is overpriced for what's on offer and when viewed from behind resembles an i20 Not wanting to brush me aside, he went and test drove the Scross too, but all the while I felt his priorities are the looks and the stance it commands, he'll go for the Terrano.

Thanks to the budget sops announced the day before yesterday he rushed to the dealer, realized that the cost would increase by 40k, immediately booked and took delivery of a Pearl White 85ps top-end variant. The onroad he paid was 14.3L. The dealer offered free insurance.
I said Steel gray is more class, but he preffered pearl white. Reason : It's a safe colour when driving at night rather than a dark colour.

Initial Impressions : I'm a bit grumpy about rear parking cam/sensors not being included in the top-end variant. He felt that it's roomy and commands a nice driving position. Coming from the Dzire, he still has to get accustomed to the way a diesel drives and with the wide clearance.
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 00:55   #715
Newbie
 
akshar890's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Thank you guys for your inputs. It's actually for my Dad and like you the butch looks played a role in the choice. He particularly said he felt that the Creta is overpriced for what's on offer and when viewed from behind resembles an i20 Not wanting to brush me aside, he went and test drove the Scross too, but all the while I felt his priorities are the looks and the stance it commands, he'll go for the Terrano.

Thanks to the budget sops announced the day before yesterday he rushed to the dealer, realized that the cost would increase by 40k, immediately booked and took delivery of a Pearl White 85ps top-end variant. The onroad he paid was 14.3L. The dealer offered free insurance.
I said Steel gray is more class, but he preffered pearl white. Reason : It's a safe colour when driving at night rather than a dark colour.

Initial Impressions : I'm a bit grumpy about rear parking cam/sensors not being included in the top-end variant. He felt that it's roomy and commands a nice driving position. Coming from the Dzire, he still has to get accustomed to the way a diesel drives and with the wide clearance.
Congrats on the new Car rav11stars !
im sure you guys will grow into the car, as you can see even i had a few niggles regarding the vehicle when i bought it as it was my first diesel SUV.
They tend to sort themselves out over time.
Have fun !!
akshar890 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2016, 21:51   #716
BHPian
 
hummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: B'LORE-SHIMOGA
Posts: 115
Thanked: 218 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

The International Cricket Council (ICC) and Nissan have agreed an eight-year deal which will see the Japanese firm sponsor the sport until 2023.

As a global partner, Nissan will have an extensive brand presence at ICC cricket venues, as well as broadcast and digital rights at all ICC events. Japan's second biggest car maker will replace Hyundai as an ICC sponsor.

This was a great opportunity for Nissan to make a strong brand presence and create an impact on the audience.

ICC T20 World Cup Cricket matches have just started, did you see the kind of ads they made? 5 star chocolate ad is much better and meaningful.

What waste of opportunity by the Global Auto Giant Nissan, you fail and made your loyal customers also fail.

Last edited by hummer : 10th March 2016 at 21:53.
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 14:14   #717
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Has anyone checked out the t20 edition of the terrano. It seems to have got new dials with the eco switch is there anything else new to the update . they have not advertised that also . really wonder how lazy can the PR department be.
terra85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 15:14   #718
BHPian
 
nkghai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Yahan aur Wahan
Posts: 351
Thanked: 557 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Has anyone checked out the t20 edition of the terrano. It seems to have got new dials with the eco switch is there anything else new to the update . they have not advertised that also . really wonder how lazy can the PR department be.
You are correct. They have indeed quietly updated the dials not only in the t20 edition but in all variants and seem to have followed the duster line.

I have not seen it personally but the website does mention in interior details, the new three dials with white illumination.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-terrano.jpg

Last edited by nkghai : 26th March 2016 at 15:27.
nkghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2016, 16:26   #719
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
You are correct. They have indeed quietly updated the dials

I think the PR and engineering division refuse to acknowledge the others existence hence so. In the adverts they are still showing the old dials . seriously Nissan come on learn from hero who launch a new sticker job every few months.
terra85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 12:48   #720
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 7,767
Thanked: 10,660 Times
Default Re: Nissan Terrano : Official Review

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza - ZDi+ dual tone influence - Nissan is rumored to introduce a special edition of its SUV - Terrano.

Nissan Terrano : Official Review-1.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2016nissanterranospecialedition_7.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2016nissanterranospecialedition_3.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2016nissanterranospecialedition_4.jpg
Nissan Terrano : Official Review-2016nissanterranospecialedition_9.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-niss...potted-252245/
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade : Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano gennius In-Car Entertainment 266 1st September 2016 02:14
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October parrys The Indian Car Scene 227 9th October 2013 14:56
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! CARDEEP The Indian Car Scene 381 20th August 2013 13:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks