Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 23:34   #1951
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Team BHPians

I received my Honda City VX CVT today. Was there at the showroom with my family and this was a truly memorable event.

Having driven manual cars for the past 10 years, I took some time to get adjusted to the automatic but successfully did 45 kms today.

Really impressed with the car, power is really good and refined as well. Kept the speed on or below 60 kph with ECON mode off.

Will post pictures and a detailed review soon.
adarsh76 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 00:58   #1952
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 58
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayps77 View Post
Hi NDA992, I had a smooth experience with Emerald Honda Ahmedabad. Got my VMT petrol in one month flat with the dealer giving me specific delivery date 20 days in advance. I can give you the SA contact also if you want.
That would be great......
Hopefully , they should hasten up a bit.
nda992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 05:15   #1953
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Team BHPians

I received my Honda City VX CVT today. Was there at the showroom with my family and this was a truly memorable event.

Having driven manual cars for the past 10 years, I took some time to get adjusted to the automatic but successfully did 45 kms today.

Really impressed with the car, power is really good and refined as well. Kept the speed on or below 60 kph with ECON mode off.

Will post pictures and a detailed review soon.
Congratulations, Adarsh! Good to see our tribe of CVT owners grow!!
outdoorlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 05:25   #1954
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoB View Post
Dear AMJ,

It is comforting to know the mileage figures. I plan to buy a CVT as well and this information is really useful.

Question regarding the ECON mode - how was the AC performance during the drive? I believe cooling gets impacted as a result of the ECON mode.

Thanks.
It has been really hot in the Delhi NCR the past few days with the peak reaching to 44/45C; however I am happy with the cooling delivered by my VX CVT while driving in ECON mode. No complaints at all as the airflow and cooling is quite competent. Hope that helps!
outdoorlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 08:29   #1955
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Team BHPians

I received my Honda City VX CVT today. Was there at the showroom with my family and this was a truly memorable event.

Having driven manual cars for the past 10 years, I took some time to get adjusted to the automatic but successfully did 45 kms today.

Really impressed with the car, power is really good and refined as well. Kept the speed on or below 60 kph with ECON mode off.

Will post pictures and a detailed review soon.
That is great to hear. Expecting you would share your delivery experience and photos in detail.

What are the accessories you went for? If possible pls share the prices too.

Wishing you miles of happy driving ahead.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 10:21   #1956
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 52
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Hi

I have driven my car close to 600kms @ avg of 15.3kmpl. Today I filled the tank in the morning. Range showed as 677kms which translates to 16.9kmpl. On the way home the avg showed around 22kmpl, but still the range was reflecting around 17kmpl equivalent. Any observation how the range is determined?

Also does the MID in VXMT (D) come with Service Reminder? I can see SERVICE keyword on the background. So wondered if its available.

Another question. Is it possible to get the GPS maps/instructions displayed on the screen from mobile?

Last edited by tosathyas : 31st May 2014 at 10:25.
tosathyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 12:46   #1957
Geo
BHPian
 
Geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Booked my SV MT and waiting for delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions for any particular 3M service centers in Bangalore for essential protective coating etc?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 13:11   #1958
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

My SA was Mr Jignesh. You can contact him at +919714501042
ajayps77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 16:12   #1959
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Booked my SV MT and waiting for delivery. Does anyone have any suggestions for any particular 3M service centers in Bangalore for essential protective coating etc?
I got Under Chassis Coating done on my City today at 3M Service Center @JP Nagar. Will be posting a more detailed review soon. Quality of work is excellent. You would need to take a prior appointment if you are planning for weekend since the place does get rushed up during weekends.
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 20:51   #1960
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
....he went to yard for PDI, on decoding the VIN it is March 2014 manufactured. Is this normal for a vehicle which has waiting list ?

I request the new city owners to confirm is this how they got thier vehicle too?
I got my car just delivered it has a VIN which shows March 2014, earlier I had asked the sales rep how come its more than a month old already to which the reply was the delay happens in logistics and allocation. Don't know how far its true though. But I was ok with it and took the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
... Does anyone have any suggestions for any particular 3M service centers in Bangalore for essential protective coating etc?
I got underbody rust treatment (5 Year warranty one) done at 3M HSR. Strangely I noticed they spray painted the underside when another car was being pressure washed next to it. I was a bit concerned that the water spray from the car wash happening adjacent could prevent proper underbody rust treatment because there is definitely a possibility of water getting trapped between the underbody and paint coating which will prevent proper rust proof paint adhesion to the underside. I still am not happy they pressure washed a car next to a paint job. Are my concerns valid ? I think nothing much can be done about it though.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 31st May 2014 at 20:53.
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 21:10   #1961
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 447
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
I got underbody rust treatment (5 Year warranty one) done at 3M HSR. Strangely I noticed they spray painted the underside when another car was being pressure washed next to it. I was a bit concerned that the water spray from the car wash happening adjacent could prevent proper underbody rust treatment because there is definitely a possibility of water getting trapped between the underbody and paint coating which will prevent proper rust proof paint adhesion to the underside.
At J. P. Nagar, they have a separate Car Wash Bay area where the Car Wash happens and this bay is neatly closed with curtains and also separate from the area where they lift the car up for the Under Chassis Coating.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 08:35   #1962
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin City
Posts: 475
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Guys, my City is dead. Last Monday after my cleaning session, locked car and made it to rest. Yesterday when trying to unlock, nothing happens. I could open the front door using the keys and thats it. Trying to fire up, but no lights what so ever in the MID. No horns or cabin lights too. Called up dealer and they suggested the battery would have died. Is that so?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 09:35   #1963
BHPian
 
anilagdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 198
Thanked: 59 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, my City is dead. Last Monday after my cleaning session, locked car and made it to rest. Yesterday when trying to unlock, nothing happens. I could open the front door using the keys and thats it. Trying to fire up, but no lights what so ever in the MID. No horns or cabin lights too. Called up dealer and they suggested the battery would have died. Is that so?
Well, in all probability it appears so. It could also be a problem with the battery leads, fuse etc. Have a check of the battery.

Last edited by anilagdr : 1st June 2014 at 09:37.
anilagdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 09:44   #1964
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, my City is dead. ... no lights what so ever in the MID. No horns or cabin lights too. ... suggested the battery would have died. Is that so?
Looks like one of the many lights was left on unintentionally and caused the battery to drain out completely.
The fact that lights work in the Honda after removing the key makes me a bit apprehensive as well. I've experienced this in Maruti's as well (once instance of battery drain out long ago)
For eg: If the boot is not closed properly, it could keep the trunk light on and drain out the battery (just my thoughts , I'm sure the boot light mechanism is designed well)

Can't help but appreciate the thoughtful feature in the Palio of cutting out all electrical functions (except cabin light) when the key is pulled out. If you intentionally want to keep the parking lights on, there is a dedicated switch and key combination setting to parking mode. Almost eliminates the possibility of unintentional battery drain and keeps you worry free.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 1st June 2014 at 09:55.
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 10:13   #1965
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 357
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

I received the Honda Gift (Key Chain) yesterday. The Key Chain looks good. Just hope the look quality lasts long. Some keychains have a tendency of loosing shine after some handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Looks like one of the many lights was left on unintentionally and caused the battery to drain out completely.
The fact that lights work in the Honda after removing the key makes me a bit apprehensive as well. I've experienced this in Maruti's as well (once instance of battery drain out long ago)
For eg: If the boot is not closed properly, it could keep the trunk light on and drain out the battery (just my thoughts , I'm sure the boot light mechanism is designed well)

Can't help but appreciate the thoughtful feature in the Palio of cutting out all electrical functions (except cabin light) when the key is pulled out. If you intentionally want to keep the parking lights on, there is a dedicated switch and key combination setting to parking mode. Almost eliminates the possibility of unintentional battery drain and keeps you worry free.
Well the City is equipped with Sound alarm for different things when you remove your key from the car. There are different buzzers for Lights on or Door open etc. Agree, that automatic turn off of lights would be the best thing to have but Honda has left it completely unattended.
tejas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks