Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:39   #2446
BHPian
 
Alive2Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.

Hi Vsk2009,

Did you check with other dealers as some of them may have an extra car or some other customer may have cancelled their car due to the long waiting period. Try your luck ? I did and found one however, the color was not which my family agreed on.

I recommend you should check with other dealers as well.
Alive2Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:11   #2447
BHPian
 
DoctorKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.
How unfortunate! ! This is pretty bad strategy from honda. They should honour the current bookings of city and then move on to mobilio rather than losing customer's trust and running after sales figures. If they can't fulfill the orders, they should rather stop taking the bookings of city. This will definitely leave a bad taste for many ppl. Don't know what I'll do if they don't fulfill my promise of September end or October delivery.
Meanwhile shot a mail to honda regarding the same and got the reply that they are in touch with my dealer and would get back shortly.
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:15   #2448
BHPian
 
Vahanam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 110
Thanked: 104 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.
Sad to hear that. Its so bad when one cant buy a car of their choice whatever the car may be. Sincerely hope that honda does something to prevent such cancellations. Good luck for your car. Like alive2drive said check out options before moving on
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:52   #2449
BHPian
 
deepakv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Today came to know from the dealer that I will not get my car this month. Since it is difficult to manage till October -December without a car, cancelled the city booking and booked a Verna.
Dont worry too much - the Verna is also a capable car, as would be the Ciaz that launches soon. Youre not missing much by not getting the City - the quality levels have seriously dropped in this generation as is apparent in the problems with my new City as well as what others have posted - water leaks, idling belt & clutch noises, high speed instability etc is really disappointing.
Sorry if that was off-topic but just wanted to let vsk2009 know he should not be too sad!
deepakv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 04:31   #2450
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Headlights aren't adequate. Specially the low beam. I am going to do a highway trip soon so need much better lights. Recommendations please?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 08:34   #2451
BHPian
 
harpreetsubhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 203
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Headlights aren't adequate. Specially the low beam. I am going to do a highway trip soon so need much better lights. Recommendations please?
I second you Harry on this. Even full beam in the night give pretty poor visibility. Seriously they need a change. Please let both of us know about it. Harry as you are in Faridabad let us try to bargain some dealer for two headlight bulb upgrades
harpreetsubhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:23   #2452
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post

I second you Harry on this. Even full beam in the night give pretty poor visibility. Seriously they need a change. Please let both of us know about it. Harry as you are in Faridabad let us try to bargain some dealer for two headlight bulb upgrades
Sure thing Harpreet. Let me know if you come across any. Any idea what bulbs?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:05   #2453
BHPian
 
tejas08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Mulund, Mumbai
Posts: 358
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Did my first ever long highway drive; Approx. 310 Kms. Thane - Pune - Thane.

Got a FE of 16.5 for the complete length of the drive as per MID which I would classify as 80% Highway and 20% City (Mumbai, near Lonavla and Pune). No a spirited drive but not even a very sedate drive. Did about 100-120 for a major amount of stretches.



I had some trouble is trying to get my car to move from standstill on Lonavla Ghats. Kept stalling the engine trying to pick up the car on steep slopes. I am still not a very seasoned driver as I have just 2500 Kms under my belt of which this was actually my first ever drive in any ghats. Rest all the driving has been within the city or flat highways.

Is there any RPM settings that I can do that can assist me in such conditions or it is that I just need to practice more on stopping and starting on steep slopes.
tejas08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:12   #2454
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Dont worry too much - the Verna is also a capable car, as would be the Ciaz that launches soon. Youre not missing much by not getting the City - the quality levels have seriously dropped in this generation as is apparent in the problems with my new City as well as what others have posted - water leaks, idling belt & clutch noises, high speed instability etc is really disappointing.
Sorry if that was off-topic but just wanted to let vsk2009 know he should not be too sad!
Quality levels

Idling belt noise - Only for petrol models, but dealers are aware of this now and replacing it under warranty.

Water Leakage - I guess that was due to the AC rather than any rain water getting in.

High Speed Instability - Just go for Fiat Linea or Skoda Rapid in this segment and definitely not Verna. Even the Vento does not come up to Linea levels as per some of the reviews. City is still better than Verna as far as I know having driven a Verna as well.

There will be issues in any new car models released and these has to be rectified gradually. There are many issues reported by users for some people I know in the previous generation of City.

With the new Verna due to be launched this year end, I guess its not advisable to book and take one now.
adarsh76 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:31   #2455
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Have driven 1200 kms till now. Haven't experienced a single issue reported till now. Touch wood.
Maybe Honda is improving the quality as feedback is pouring in with the relative issues.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:23   #2456
BHPian
 
deepakv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Quality levels

Idling belt noise - Only for petrol models, but dealers are aware of this now and replacing it under warranty.

Water Leakage - I guess that was due to the AC rather than any rain water getting in.

High Speed Instability - Just go for Fiat Linea or Skoda Rapid in this segment and definitely not Verna. Even the Vento does not come up to Linea levels as per some of the reviews. City is still better than Verna as far as I know having driven a Verna as well.

There will be issues in any new car models released and these has to be rectified gradually. There are many issues reported by users for some people I know in the previous generation of City.

With the new Verna due to be launched this year end, I guess its not advisable to book and take one now.
My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.
deepakv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:43   #2457
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.

Leaking rain water? That's quite shocking for a Honda! Is it the weather seals or some other area that's prone to water entry?


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:00   #2458
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post

My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.
That's real bad and completely unacceptable in a million rupee car. Did they find the reason behind it?
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:24   #2459
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
My city is leaking rain water and is now in its second visit to the Solitaire workshop. Same issue with my colleagues city.
Two reasons - One definitely a manufacturing defect but in case yours is a one off case then this issue should have occurred during transportation of your vehicle or mishandling by the service team. Try to take it to another Honda service who may be more experienced.

I'm from Kerala, and with some heavy rains, there is no leakage so far.

My CVT had electrical earthing issues due to which the doors were unlocking automatically, since the service team did not check the basic things before delivery as they were new dealers and service team is not that experienced. Another experienced dealer here rectified this issue completely.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 3rd August 2014 at 20:26.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 00:11   #2460
BHPian
 
vsk2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Goa
Posts: 156
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Vsk2009,

Did you check with other dealers as some of them may have an extra car or some other customer may have cancelled their car due to the long waiting period. Try your luck ? I did and found one however, the color was not which my family agreed on.

I recommend you should check with other dealers as well.
There is only one dealer in Goa.
I need a car very urgently in this peak Goa monsoon. Waiting till November-December is impossible. So went for Verna. Otherwise I would have happily waited
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks