Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 11:56   #2746
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Just a query.... If the company promises a delivery date but then postpones the delivery due to their own circumstances(as honda is doing right now), are the customers supposed to get any compensation for the same? After all we have paid 51k as booking and it is with the company for 5-6 long months. Any idea anyone?
When they get your booking advance they give you a booklet with clear terms which has a clause to cover them for such unforeseen circumstances. You can not expect any compensation and the booking agreement is between you and the dealer only.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 12:28   #2747
BHPian
 
DoctorKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
When they get your booking advance they give you a booklet with clear terms which has a clause to cover them for such unforeseen circumstances. You can not expect any compensation and the booking agreement is between you and the dealer only.
Hmmm.... correct. Just read somewhere on some other forum that maruti gave interest on the booking amount for SX4 because the waiting period was too long. Guess honda would be not bothered at all about that aspect! !
DoctorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 12:35   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 7,417
Thanked: 9,315 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Is 51k the official booking amount for the City? And is it refundable in case of cancellations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Hmmm.... correct. Just read somewhere on some other forum that maruti gave interest on the booking amount for SX4 because the waiting period was too long. Guess honda would be not bothered at all about that aspect! !
The same happened for Swift as well - during its peak days! However, the booking amounts were usually 10k. Even for the Ciaz - it is 21k now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 14:02   #2749
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is 51k the official booking amount for the City? And is it refundable in case of cancellations?

The same happened for Swift as well - during its peak days! However, the booking amounts were usually 10k. Even for the Ciaz - it is 21k now.
Yes the Booking amount has been 51K since they opened bookings in November 2013. During the pre-launch they said they would refund full amount but later on it has varied from dealer to dealer with some claiming they will deduct 2,500 for cancellations.
vsrivatsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2014, 15:39   #2750
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Yes the Booking amount has been 51K since they opened bookings in November 2013. During the pre-launch they said they would refund full amount but later on it has varied from dealer to dealer with some claiming they will deduct 2,500 for cancellations.
Then people should report this to Honda. I had confirmation from Honda that they haven't asked any dealers to charge cancellation amount. Dealers must be fleecing customers on their own which should be stopped.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 09:15   #2751
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

My city diesel is almost 7 months old and has clocked about 15900kms. The car is smooth to handle in peak traffic as well as highways. The fuel efficiency as per the display is around 18.9 to 19.5.


Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th September 2014 at 09:49.
kashmonyklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 13:21   #2752
BHPian
 
vsathyap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 257
Thanked: 600 Times
Default

Does anybody know how to delete paired devices on the Honda HFT? Looks like my car's audio system was paired with a few devices before delivery and I don't want them to be listed in the Bluetooth menu. I just can't seem to find a way to delete / unpair devices. I can't add a new device as I have reached the maximum or 6 devices the car can pair with.

The user manual is hopelessly useless as it doesn't contain information relevant to this new model. Every line and every paragraph in the manual has a * mark which translates to "available on some models only".

Last edited by vsathyap : 7th September 2014 at 13:24.
vsathyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 14:05   #2753
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

What's the max no. Of kilometers we can do before going for 2nd service. I have a 1200 km trip coming end of the month which will take it to approx 5400km. Is it fine?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 14:46   #2754
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
What's the max no. Of kilometers we can do before going for 2nd service. I have a 1200 km trip coming end of the month which will take it to approx 5400km. Is it fine?
Best option is to speak to the Dealer/Service Center folks. When I spoke to them they said they are OK with more time gap if the odo reading is less but they cannot tolerate more than 100-150 kms deviation for the odo reading.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 15:33   #2755
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bombay
Posts: 23
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Even I doubt Autocar's acceleration numbers. They have mentioned speeds beyond 140 kmph (160 and 180) as NA, so this might be Amaze's figures. Only the Amaze and Mobilio have their top speed restricted to 140kmph.
Unlike Amaze, the City Diesel does not have a speed limiter and its top speed is rated at 190kmph so mentioning it as NA for speeds beyond 140 is not true for City.

Overdrive has give the 0-100 acceleration figure as 12.8 sec for the City Diesel
I was checking with the dealer in Mumbai on whether there is a check which prevents driving at over 140 kph ( not that I am planning to unless its a very safe expressway) he mentioned there is no speed restriction on the Mobilio

The Honda city ofcourse has no limiting issues

Ofcourse we must try and avoid speeding but the thought of a limiting device even if one does not drive at such speeds is a put off

Out of curiosity any idea what others dealers mention
Anup25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 16:38   #2756
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

I just got my 3rd service done on my VX CVT due at 6months though I was well below the 10k km mark having clocked 6200 km. Honda changed oil, filter and drain plug and gave me a bill of 1350. Are these consumables not covered by Honda in its free service?

Last edited by outdoorlover : 7th September 2014 at 16:39.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 17:06   #2757
BHPian
 
Arjun Reddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 450 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I just got my 3rd service done on my VX CVT due at 6months though I was well below the 10k km mark having clocked 6200 km. Honda changed oil, filter and drain plug and gave me a bill of 1350. Are these consumables not covered by Honda in its free service?
Only if you have a total maintenance plan will the consumables be free. Not sure if Honda has these plans.
The norm of free service is free labour only.


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Arjun Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 17:31   #2758
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I just got my 3rd service done on my VX CVT due at 6months though I was well below the 10k km mark having clocked 6200 km. Honda changed oil, filter and drain plug and gave me a bill of 1350. Are these consumables not covered by Honda in its free service?
Yes its the same story across the service centers. The 1st and 2nd Service are fully free while the 3rd Service has a charge as they change oil. But all the 3 services getting over in the first 6 months itself is a big racket I feel. It should be spread across 1 year at least.
vsrivatsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 22:24   #2759
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anup25 View Post
I was checking with the dealer in Mumbai on whether there is a check which prevents driving at over 140 kph ... he mentioned there is no speed restriction on the Mobilio
The Diesel Mobilio has an electronic speed limiter which limits the top speed to 140 kmph.
The petrol Mobilio has no such speed restriction. (link to one of the sources )
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 23:15   #2760
BHPian
 
knight.rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 40
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Does anybody know how to delete paired devices on the Honda HFT? Looks like my car's audio system was paired with a few devices before delivery and I don't want them to be listed in the Bluetooth menu. I just can't seem to find a way to delete / unpair devices. I can't add a new device as I have reached the maximum or 6 devices the car can pair with.

The user manual is hopelessly useless as it doesn't contain information relevant to this new model. Every line and every paragraph in the manual has a * mark which translates to "available on some models only".
Just a thought it may work. Try removing the connections from the battery. It always resets the audio and mid in my i20. This may sort you out.
knight.rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks