Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 17:18   #3076
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Thanks tejas08. Done the PDI today. Overall the car seems ok except that the right rear mudflap was hanging loose. Have drawn their attention to the issue that it should be rectified before delivery. Tyres are stock Michelin so waiting to see how they are in city driving since I don't have much of highway driving.
tejas08 if you could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of carpet lamination it would be easier for me to take a call on it.
Congratulations. Though a loose mud flap is a very tiny issue I am surpised that how did the dealer's crew missed it. The forum feedbacks rate quality of Michelin as very high and that along with your demand being city ride means you need no tyre change. All the best. Keep revving
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 18:00   #3077
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Thanks tejas08. Done the PDI today. Overall the car seems ok except that the right rear mudflap was hanging loose. Have drawn their attention to the issue that it should be rectified before delivery. Tyres are stock Michelin so waiting to see how they are in city driving since I don't have much of highway driving.
tejas08 if you could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of carpet lamination it would be easier for me to take a call on it.
Congrats!
Welcome to the club and We expect few pics when you take delivery

Stock Michelin are very good for City and highway both (till speed 120 from personal experience) so don't worry about that.

Honestly, there is no need for carpet lamination. Just get the normal 3d mats and you are good to go. They are really easy to clean and wash so there is no hassle involved. If you aren't happy later on you can go for lamination any time.
harry10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 18:52   #3078
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

A big hello to everyone on the forum. My membership just got approved today and this is my first post on the forum.

Also, wish to inform the esteemed members that i have been actively following this forum for the past couple of weeks as I had booked my ANHC, VXMT petrol and wanted to be aware of all issues prior to taking delivery. It has really been an eye opener to go through the contents of the forum and my knowledge has really grown. Fortunately, I am getting the delivery of my car two days from now. Armed with the knowledge of PDI checklist, michelin tyres, 3d mats, scuff plates etc etc , I am sure that I am at an advantage. Today I have also received the VIN of the car but on checking it out, all that I came to know was that the car is from Honda and manufactured in Oct 14. Just wanted to know whether the VIN No is supposed to provide any other information ?
anuragtyagi108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 21:57   #3079
BHPian
 
Drkannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: coimbatore
Posts: 195
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Hi guys

Had booked my City VMT 3 months ago at Manchester Honda in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Got a call from the showroom guys that the car has been lifted from the factory and should reach Coimbatore by 2nd or 3rd of next month.

I should be receiving the VIN number shortly and I need the experts in the forum to decode it for me please.

I have been following this forum closely and kind of decided on what to do once I get the car. I'll list out all that I have planned for the car. Please let me know if I am missing out on anything.

1. Tyre upgrade to Michelin 195-60 R15 P3ST on the stock alloy wheels or should I go for a all new alloy wheels?
2. 3m under chassis coating
3. 3D max spider or Nomad floor mate. ( which is better? )
4. Sun films for the glasses and the anti reflecting film for the front windscreen.
5. Change of both stock headlight bulbs to HID conversion kit bulbs ( high beam & low beam ). Please advice on the power of the bulbs and brand.
6. C Quarts treatment for the body paint protection.
7. Scuff plates for all doors.
8. Steering and gear knob leather covering from Karrison in Banglore.
9. Engine coating.
10. Front and rear bumper protector.

May be at later stage will go for some cosmetic changes like change of front grill, rear trunk spoiler, front & rear bumper garnish.

Please advice if I am overdoing anything or missing out on something important.

Thanks & regards.
Drkannant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:02   #3080
BHPian
 
DoctorKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Honda City : Official Review-image.jpg
Receiving the keys

And that is my happy family 😊

The side profile and engine bay. Got amaron,perhaps the best battery as far as my experience with car batteries goes! !
Attached Thumbnails
Honda City : Official Review-image.jpg  

Honda City : Official Review-20141025_064224.jpg  

Honda City : Official Review-20141025_065734.jpg  


Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th October 2014 at 07:08.
DoctorKK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:15   #3081
BHPian
 
andydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 81
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
And that is my happy family 😊

Congratulations!! Wish you many many KMs of safe and comfortable drive with your beautiful family on your city.
andydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 04:17   #3082
BHPian
 
pdma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 546
Thanked: 747 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragtyagi108 View Post
Just wanted to know whether the VIN No is supposed to provide any other information
Hello Anurag,

Congratulations !!!

Yes VIN provides a lot more details but its quite difficult to decode it completely. Most of us use to the VIN to know the Month & year to ensure we dont have any surprises later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi guys

I should be receiving the VIN number shortly and I need the experts in the forum to decode it for me please.


Please advice if I am overdoing anything or missing out on something important.

Thanks & regards.
Congratulations Dr,

I think you have covered all , but unless you hate the alloys to the core that you cannot live with them you may want to change them else its definetely an additional burden.

Also on the VIN , we have many folks who can help you with the same and hence should not be a problem. We have a specific thread as well dedicated for the same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
And that is my happy family 😊
Congratulations Dr KK .

With some many new city's hitting the forum , Iam sure observers like me will have truck loads of information from all the proud owners.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 08:10   #3083
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congratulations. Though a loose mud flap is a very tiny issue I am surpised that how did the dealer's crew missed it. The forum feedbacks rate quality of Michelin as very high and that along with your demand being city ride means you need no tyre change. All the best. Keep revving
Thanks Seran Manian. I had inspected the car in the stockyard and according to the person stationed there the PDI from the dealer's side was pending as the car had just landed from the factory. The VIN number indicated the car to be Oct 2014 manufactured. Will do the PDI at the time of the delivery also and check all the mud flaps.
mpshah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 08:15   #3084
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats!
Welcome to the club and We expect few pics when you take delivery

Stock Michelin are very good for City and highway both (till speed 120 from personal experience) so don't worry about that.

Honestly, there is no need for carpet lamination. Just get the normal 3d mats and you are good to go. They are really easy to clean and wash so there is no hassle involved. If you aren't happy later on you can go for lamination any time.
Thanks harry10. I shall post pictures as soon as I get the car. I am in Mumbai so shall inquire around for the 3D mats. They should be available at the Milan Subway area where there are quite a few car accessories shops. I am also planning to do the 3M antirust treatment and installing window curtains which are supposedly allowed instead of the films.
mpshah68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 14:17   #3085
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Hi All.

Can anyone advise me which insurance to go for my Honda City VX MT Oct 14 Petrol Model. The dealer is offering me honda assure for Rs 25799 and Zero Dep Insurance Policy Difference for Rs 6492.

Is Honda Assure the best insurance for the Honda City or should I explore other options like Bajaj Allianz and Bharti AXA which have been recommended by some people on the forum.
anuragtyagi108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 16:59   #3086
BHPian
 
DoctorKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Friends,enquired today regarding the coating for my car. There is a centre here in Trivandrum called 'Travancore auto spa'. Spoke to the person there in detail and got good info. He was genuine and answered all queries convincingly. He recommended gyeon quartz treatment(he had cquartz as well and showed me the bottles of each of them) The cost of it would be 15000/- and would take a full day to do. He also suggested hydro phobic coating for windshield which would cost another 1500/- Heat resistant coating for alloys for another 1200/- He showed me the car which had this treatment done and was impressive. Mine being a new car with not much issues he agreed to do all of it for 15000/- Planning to give the car this week
Any suggestions regarding the spoiler for honda city? Has anyone installed it?
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 17:10   #3087
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Friends,enquired today regarding the coating for my car. There is a centre here in Trivandrum called 'Travancore auto spa'. Spoke to the person there in detail and got good info. He was genuine and answered all queries convincingly. He recommended gyeon quartz treatment(he had cquartz as well and showed me the bottles of each of them) The cost of it would be 15000/- and would take a full day to do. He also suggested hydro phobic coating for windshield which would cost another 1500/- Heat resistant coating for alloys for another 1200/- He showed me the car which had this treatment done and was impressive. Mine being a new car with not much issues he agreed to do all of it for 15000/- Planning to give the car this week
Any suggestions regarding the spoiler for honda city? Has anyone installed it?
Did he quote any minimum time which the coating with stand for? For me the minimum time quoted was 8 months for cquartz, for a cost of 8.5K which included a coating on wind shield (to avoid water droplets forming on it and blocking your vision) with which one can manage mild rain with out wipers. The Car looks stunning. All the best.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 17:23   #3088
BHPian
 
DoctorKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 92
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Did he quote any minimum time which the coating with stand for? For me the minimum time quoted was 8 months for cquartz, for a cost of 8.5K which included a coating on wind shield (to avoid water droplets forming on it and blocking your vision) with which one can manage mild rain with out wipers. The Car looks stunning. All the best.
Thanks ☺ He said it will stay for 12 months as per company and that with care it would easily last more than 24 months. Cquartz he quoted 8k without bargaining for a discount. I asked him about engine coating as well and he was genuine enough to tell me that though he had it, practically it is not of much use so he won't recommend it. He recommended the three treatments for practical day to day usage.
He also had treatment for fabric seats which if done ,water won't hold on the seats. He had a cushion for demonstration one side of which had this done and water was actually flowing over the coated side easily compared to the other side which was absorbing it.
DoctorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 19:22   #3089
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Thanks ☺ He said it will stay for 12 months as per company and that with care it would easily last more than 24 months. Cquartz he quoted 8k without bargaining for a discount. I asked him about engine coating as well and he was genuine enough to tell me that though he had it, practically it is not of much use so he won't recommend it. He recommended the three treatments for practical day to day usage.
He also had treatment for fabric seats which if done ,water won't hold on the seats. He had a cushion for demonstration one side of which had this done and water was actually flowing over the coated side easily compared to the other side which was absorbing it.
Great. Do post the pics of the process if possible. Also keep us updated about the level of shine as time passes. All the best.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 08:11   #3090
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpshah68 View Post
Received a call from the dealer yesterday that my VX CVT has arrived. Will do the PDI and then send the car for registration. The sales guy wanted to know what accessories I want for the car. Apart from the usual ones he is offering 'Carpet Lamination'. Does anyone here know what this is?. I have never come across this accessory here on the forum and whether it is worth going for it?.

Congrats on your new car and good to see our tribe of CVT owners swell. Forget laminating the carpet, just buy good quality 3D mats or 3M Nomad mats. I opted for the 3M mats as I took delivery of my VX CVT in Feb when there were no third party accessories available. Am very happy with the beige 3M mats though :-)

Last edited by outdoorlover : 31st October 2014 at 08:22.
outdoorlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks