Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 12:02   #3586
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
I got the quote from dealer (honda assure) who have tie up with bajaj allianz and other companies.
Hdfc ergo is not having tie up with honda assure.
Posting after a long time . Work has been extremely busy

My car was up for insurance renewal as well. Honda assure gave me a quote of 27.5K (I had made 1 claim so NCB of 20% did not apply here) for 0 dep. However, I noticed that IDV had fallen by 15%. Typically the IDV should reduce by only 10% so after giving this input, the quote came to 29.5K for my SV CVT in Bangalore and IDV of 8 Lakhs. The insurance was via National Insurance.

I then tried reaching out to Balaj Allianz directly and they gave me quote of 28K.

I then went to policy bazaar and did comparison. Bharti AXA was having some special going on and all the Honda garage where I usually take my car to was covered under their cashless network. They gave me a quote of 23.5K and I went with it. Few things that I would not be getting compared to Honda Assure and I was OK with it considering the money I'm saving which was about 6K:
- Hydrostatic/Engine cover not included. This was optional for about 2K and I didn't take it as somehow did not see a need for it based on my past experience and places I drive
- First 2 claims would be 0 dep. After that, depreciation would be applied unlike Honda Assure where you can claim unlimited times under 0 dep
- Upto 24 hour turn around time compared to Honda's 4 hour I believe
- Smaller claims can be approved by Honda directly in Honda Assure

They also include road side assistance but for me it would be redundant as I have one from Honda as well. All other details looked fine. I did take risk of going with a new vendor and will see how it goes when I have a claim to make.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 12:29   #3587
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

With ODO at 8590 kms, my CVT is returning a good FE now. On City traffic including quite a few bumper to bumper the MID is displaying in the range of 12.6 to 12.8 kms/l. On severe bumper to bumper the value is from 11.9 to 12.0 kms/l. These figures are with AC on all time between 23 to 25 and ECON mode ON only during heavy bumper to bumper and on long idle times. Highway figures are truly good with last highway drive (Kerala highways - not at all good) returned a max of 17.2 and value finally settled at 16.5 kms/l. Max ever displayed was 19.2. The first 3 free services are completed.

I'm thinking of up-sizing my tyres at 10000 kms since I feel the engine has completed the run in process and not too happy with the grip levels during turns at speeds above 60 km/h. As of now my mind is settled towards Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15.

Should I go for 195/65 R15 instead? Does it have any noticeable advantage or disadvantage?

Thought of Yokohama C Drive as well, but I read somewhere in a thread that importing of Yoko has stopped and we may get an older stock.

Any other better tyre options?

I'm not at all an expert in whatever I have written above. Hence, requesting your help
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 13:47   #3588
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the front and rear speakers wattage capacity?
I've been also planning for upgrade. If you plan to buy a new set, this might be a good option. RavenAvi recommended this and seems they are currently on sale:
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jbl-...65-inch/667217

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
I'm also planning on getting the stock horn replaced. The current horn goes weak after honking for more than 3sec and the tone changes as if the battery is going dead. Will get this fixed or get those trumpet (aka Skoda) horns fitted. I just hope they stock those as an accessory.
Can someone recommend which brand/type to go for horn upgrade? The stock are just OK and lot of times the dual horn does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Noticed a strange noise today while turning the steering wheel in a tight turn. A kind of rubbing noise. It was not happening constantly but intermittently especially when turning the steering from end to end a couple of times. Has anybody else noticed this?
I had a similar problem on my i10. There were some stones which got into the arch/braking system (don't recollect the exact part) which was causing the noise. When I gave for service, I explained them problem and they took care of it. Also, if possible, record the noise which will help them in identifying the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
With ODO at 8590 kms, my CVT is returning a good FE now. On City traffic including quite a few bumper to bumper the MID is displaying in the range of 12.6 to 12.8 kms/l. On severe bumper to bumper the value is from 11.9 to 12.0 kms/l. These figures are with AC on all time between 23 to 25 and ECON mode ON only during heavy bumper to bumper and on long idle times. Highway figures are truly good with last highway drive (Kerala highways - not at all good) returned a max of 17.2 and value finally settled at 16.5 kms/l. Max ever displayed was 19.2. The first 3 free services are completed.

I'm thinking of up-sizing my tyres at 10000 kms since I feel the engine has completed the run in process and not too happy with the grip levels during turns at speeds above 60 km/h. As of now my mind is settled towards Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15.

Should I go for 195/65 R15 instead? Does it have any noticeable advantage or disadvantage?

Thought of Yokohama C Drive as well, but I read somewhere in a thread that importing of Yoko has stopped and we may get an older stock.

Any other better tyre options?

I'm not at all an expert in whatever I have written above. Hence, requesting your help
Thats pretty good mileage in city . For tyres, I would highly recommend P3ST 195/60. I had stock upgrade to them since day 1 and just love the tyres. Fuel efficiency might be affected marginally based on the inputs I could get (I'm getting around 10kmpl in city driving with about 6K ODO read on my SV CVT with ECON off and AC set to 22 Auto) but they are very silent and ride gets really smooth. The extra 3mm of GC is an icing on top you get with the upgrade.

Last edited by neel911 : 24th February 2015 at 13:48.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 14:14   #3589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: kolkata
Posts: 119
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I had a similar problem on my i10. There were some stones which got into the arch/braking system (don't recollect the exact part) which was causing the noise. When I gave for service, I explained them problem and they took care of it. Also, if possible, record the noise which will help them in identifying the problem
Undertook a short trip of around 250 kms yesteeday. The noise is not coming from any part outside. One can make out that. Moreover, it is not consistent. Disappeared after 100/120 kms again. Not able to make out the source. But seems to be emanating from some part in the steering column. Will get it checked in the next service.
aviator1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 14:53   #3590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HR 51/HR 29
Posts: 292
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Bharti AXA was having some special going on and all the Honda garage where I usually take my car to was covered under their cashless network. They gave me a quote of 23.5K and I went with it. Few things that I would not be getting compared to Honda Assure and I was OK with it considering the money I'm saving which was about 6K:
I had my iDTEC V's insurance renewed last month. Honda Assure - Royal Sundaram, bought through the dealer itself . I settled on an IDV of 8.5L. It is zero dep with hydrolock protection + 20% NCB. I paid a bit less than 22k and got a complimentary Wurth perfume too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
As of now my mind is settled towards Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15.

Should I go for 195/65 R15 instead? Does it have any noticeable advantage or disadvantage?
195/60R15 is the standard upsize for the City. It does not affect the ride or handling in any adverse way, causes next to no speedo error and adds a few extra mm to the ride height.

Primacy 3ST is a very good option but it is not a very durable tire. Don't expect it to last much beyond 35-40k km or so.
You can also consider Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1 or Apollo Alnac 4G.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 15:36   #3591
BHPian
 
petrolveins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Hyderabad.
Posts: 106
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Sorry for posting it here but could not find appropriate thread - may be we can open a new thread "Budget expectations from Auto Industry - 2015" and make this a ritual every year if it's not a overkill.

Question - Does it makes sense to hold-on booking a new car until the budget - just few more days anyway?

Will there be any scenarios where I would be benefitted by doing so?
petrolveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 16:10   #3592
BHPian
 
Mysticeyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 361
Thanked: 290 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
With ODO at 8590 kms, my CVT is returning a good FE now. On City traffic including quite a few bumper to bumper the MID is displaying in the range of 12.6 to 12.8 kms/l. On severe bumper to bumper the value is from 11.9 to 12.0 kms/l. These figures are with AC on all time between 23 to 25 and ECON mode ON only during heavy bumper to bumper and on long idle times. Highway figures are truly good with last highway drive (Kerala highways - not at all good) returned a max of 17.2 and value finally settled at 16.5 kms/l. Max ever displayed was 19.2. The first 3 free services are completed.
That's good going Wish my steed too would come up to that.

Got call from dealer today mornign that my car had reached the yard yesterday evening. Having verified, made the pending payment and they started to work on the floor lamination immediately. Delivery time set for 5 PM tomorrow

Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0785.jpg

Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0786.jpg

Honda City : Official Review-dsc_0783.jpg
Mysticeyes is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 18:50   #3593
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,535
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

A friend lost 4 of his City's Wheel covers last week. Can't believe that people still steal wheel covers!

Honda OEM wheel cover costs 850/piece while the below one in Shop Clues offers 4 for 850.

http://www.shopclues.com/premium-qua...t-of-4pcs.html

Has anyone ordered similar stuff from shopclues? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 21:01   #3594
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 585
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
That's good going Wish my steed too would come up to that.

Got call from dealer today mornign that my car had reached the yard yesterday evening. Having verified, made the pending payment and they started to work on the floor lamination immediately. Delivery time set for 5 PM tomorrow
I hope you have inspected the car well. If possible, take a friend who is knowledgeable on auto mobiles. I had taken my friend who had experience with Maruti Suzuki in service area.

All the very best.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 21:49   #3595
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Sorry for posting it here but could not find appropriate thread - may be we can open a new thread "Budget expectations from Auto Industry - 2015" and make this a ritual every year if it's not a overkill.

Question - Does it makes sense to hold-on booking a new car until the budget - just few more days anyway?

Will there be any scenarios where I would be benefitted by doing so?
I don't have an answer but experience to share My iDTEC city was delivered on 03-Feb-2014 (Last year) and I hurried thru to avoid any increase the budget might bring. Post budget the price reduced...This year though I don't expect similar reductions...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 23:10   #3596
BHPian
 
loving_alaap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 805
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post

Should I go for 195/65 R15 instead? Does it have any noticeable advantage or disadvantage?
I have SV CVT and had the same dilemma. I.e. 195/60 R15 or 195/65 R15.

With initial looks, 195/95 R15 appears to be better in terms ride quality with higher side wall and better cushioning effect, which is not so good in Honda city with stock options. It also supposed to increase GC, thought its not a major issue anymore.

However, after a detailed search I found that, current original rim will not be suitable for 195/65 R15. Tyres will bulge and ride quality may affect. You may also get scrapping. If you are keen than go for 7 size alloys (stock rim is 5.5 or 6, I suppose). Wider alloys will give much needed stability to 195/65 R15. I have seen posts of few BHPians who installed 195/65 R15 with 7size alloys in earlier version of Honda city and they were very happy with improvement in ride quality and GC. On the negative side, their FE dropped by 1-2kmpl. So, If you are having bad roads with scrapping issues than you may consider it.

If you want peace of mind (and not want to spend additional amount in alloys) then opt for the widely recommended 190/60 R15.

Disclaimer: For my SV CVT, I was keen for 195/65 R15 XM2 but after all the reviews was about to settle for 195/60 R15 XM2. Eventually tyre upgrade plan was put on hold as dealer clearly told me to loose warranty. Currently I am on stock Goodyear (not happy) and planning to change in next year.
loving_alaap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 11:58   #3597
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 468
Thanked: 260 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A friend lost 4 of his City's Wheel covers last week. Can't believe that people still steal wheel covers!

Has anyone ordered similar stuff from shopclues? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
I am terrified to hear that What cheap deed is that. May be the pudupet market that is famous for stolen goods is still going fine. Being in Chennai I will have to be careful here after.
Seran Manian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 13:33   #3598
Senior - BHPian
 
kiku007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,535
Thanked: 976 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I am terrified to hear that What cheap deed is that. May be the pudupet market that is famous for stolen goods is still going fine. Being in Chennai I will have to be careful here after.
This was in an residential area in Anna Nagar

I am actually wondering why Honda is charging Rs.850 for a silly plastic wheel cover. These OEMs and their spare parts pricing.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 14:16   #3599
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
I have SV CVT and had the same dilemma. I.e. 195/60 R15 or 195/65 R15.

With initial looks, 195/95 R15 appears to be better in terms ride quality with higher side wall and better cushioning effect, which is not so good in Honda city with stock options. It also supposed to increase GC, thought its not a major issue anymore.

However, after a detailed search I found that, current original rim will not be suitable for 195/65 R15. Tyres will bulge and ride quality may affect. You may also get scrapping. If you are keen than go for 7 size alloys (stock rim is 5.5 or 6, I suppose). Wider alloys will give much needed stability to 195/65 R15. I have seen posts of few BHPians who installed 195/65 R15 with 7size alloys in earlier version of Honda city and they were very happy with improvement in ride quality and GC. On the negative side, their FE dropped by 1-2kmpl. So, If you are having bad roads with scrapping issues than you may consider it.

If you want peace of mind (and not want to spend additional amount in alloys) then opt for the widely recommended 190/60 R15.

Disclaimer: For my SV CVT, I was keen for 195/65 R15 XM2 but after all the reviews was about to settle for 195/60 R15 XM2. Eventually tyre upgrade plan was put on hold as dealer clearly told me to loose warranty. Currently I am on stock Goodyear (not happy) and planning to change in next year.
First point, the dealer and service engineers will never stop scaring people and its very difficult to get them to agree. I have heard all types of logic from them ranging from Honda having done lot of testing with the recommended spec to loss of warranty on suspension and steering etc. End of the day I took the risk and went ahead and I have not faced any issues till date.

Second, there have been several discussions about the recommended tyre upgrade for the 4G City and there is a separate thread which covers various aspects in detail and in summary the 195/60R15 is the most recommended option and technically the most apt for the stock alloys (based on Rolling Resistance Calculations). URL

In terms of Michelin P3ST vs XM2, the price difference is negligible. I guess the XM2 would have more longevity but P3ST is the more premium one and is engineered for less noise. I went with XM2 since there were no benchmarks available about how much reduction in mileage would be there due to P3ST but looking at the data from others who went for P3ST there is not much difference between the two.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 25th February 2015 at 14:20.
vsrivatsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 17:56   #3600
BHPian
 
AshBabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 131
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Naveen - Sundaram Honda SA - confirmed today that my car-iDTEC VX Silver-is now available in the yard.

I have asked him for the PDI coming Saturday. He said he will arrange the car to be available in the showroom for the inspection. Planning for registration next Wednesday (04-Mar-15). Hope everything goes fine.

Can anyone who have fixed illuminated scuff plates outside dealership confirm that no wires were cut during installation? I am planning to install one buying it from online.

I had checked with Chandru Auto Stores and Jeewajee (both recommended by TBHP), but they have advised me against it saying that warranty might get impacted. Request Chennai members to advise me a good shop where this can be fixed.
AshBabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks