Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 02:31   #4081
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Man! Your cars are plagued. None let you have a peaceful ownership!

Can you just check the tyre pressures and just do wheel rotation and see if you experience it again.
Kaha phas gaya

I even changed the brand. Looks like i myself am jinxed to the cars

Tyre pressure just checked the day before 32 psi all around. Will get alignment and balancing done as the 4th service is anyways due next month. Just praying its nothing serious don't want any parts changed as far as possible.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 11:05   #4082
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,452 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Tyre pressure just checked the day before 32 psi all around. Will get alignment and balancing done as the 4th service is anyways due next month. Just praying its nothing serious don't want any parts changed as far as possible.
Sorry to hear about this issue you're facing, rockporiom. I too believe it may be something to do with the tyres & wheels.

I see you have got the tyres upgraded to 195/60 R15 ones. Have you also put in aftermarket alloys on your car?
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 11:10   #4083
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 13,786
Thanked: 16,928 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Planning to send the car in by this week as i even have to sort out the alternator and some other small niggles.
Get the ABS/Brakes checked. Sounds like a stuck brake pad on one side causing the car to steer towards one side.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 11:29   #4084
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Sorry to hear about this issue you're facing, rockporiom. I too believe it may be something to do with the tyres & wheels.

I see you have got the tyres upgraded to 195/60 R15 ones. Have you also put in aftermarket alloys on your car?
The wheels are stock steel wheels with stock wheel caps. No mods in the car except for seat covers and tyres.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 11:38   #4085
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,467
Thanked: 3,452 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The wheels are stock steel wheels with stock wheel caps. No mods in the car except for seat covers and tyres.
So it doesn't look like a problem with the wheels, then. Tyres could still be the cause.

I got this from your ownership thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Later that evening when my dad took the car for a drive a motorcyclists knocked the window and said that the wheels were wobbling. Dad got it checked from our regular Tyre guy and he said everything was fine. A bit confused here.
Could this be issue that's manifesting itself in a rather scary manner at higher speeds here?

Last edited by RSR : 8th July 2015 at 11:40.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 11:42   #4086
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
So it doesn't look like a problem with the wheels, then.

I got this from your ownership thread:



Could this be issue that's manifesting itself at higher speeds here?
I doubt it as my dad got it checked from the tyre guy the next day itself from an independent tyre shop as mentioned in the thread, who said everything was alright. I would get the alignment and balancing done from my trusted tyre guy and see what the readings were.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th July 2015 at 11:43.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 12:31   #4087
BHPian
 
keeprevving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 114
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

I think this problem is related to suspension issue. May be they have gone kaput or have some kind of manufacturing defect. My 2012ANHC did bounced at speeds above 120kmph. I could feel the rear being more disturbing than the front. On checking, the both the factory-fitted suspension has oil leaks. Replaced both of them under warranty. Now it comfortably makes it to 140+kmph without acting. This is where I feel my car lacks proper tires. Have you checked your suspensions and suspension bushes?

Last edited by keeprevving : 8th July 2015 at 12:33.
keeprevving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2015, 12:42   #4088
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 752 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I think this problem is related to suspension issue. May be they have gone kaput or have some kind of manufacturing defect. My 2012ANHC did bounced at speeds above 120kmph. I could feel the rear being more disturbing than the front. On checking, the both the factory-fitted suspension has oil leaks. Replaced both of them under warranty. Now it comfortably makes it to 140+kmph without acting. This is where I feel my car lacks proper tires. Have you checked your suspensions and suspension bushes?
I haven't checked the suspensions as the car is just 7k kms old but will tell the ASC to give it a look. The suspension absorbs all bumps and potholes real well and the ride quality is real good no noises whatsoever.

Giving it for alignment and balancing real soon and will update accordingly.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2015, 14:25   #4089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 67
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Am considering buying a Honda City VX iDtec, but am apprehensive about the sunroof holding up in the Mumbai rains. Have any of the VX model owners or even owners of other cars with sunroofs faced any issues with leakage etc or the sunroof simply getting stuck due to dirt and dust accumulation?
varunsangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 02:21   #4090
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 389
Thanked: 284 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
considering buying a Honda City VX iDtec, but am apprehensive about the sunroof holding up ....any issues with leakage etc or the sunroof simply getting stuck due to dirt and dust accumulation?
The quality of the Sunroof in the City seems to be pretty good. However, apart from the aesthetic aspect and temporary feel good factor, sunroof is not a practical choice in a tropical country like ours and we have an over-abundance of sunlight and heat which we are fighting to minimize after the ban on sunfilms, unlike a sun-starved western country where people crave for more sunlight through the sunroof.

In my case, I booked a VX and settled for a V after some thought: However good a sunroof may be, it is afterall a hole in the roof and can potentially rust, leak, spoil the interiors and cause unnecessary headache down the line. Water will find a way in through the sunroof eventually

Last edited by for_cars1 : 10th July 2015 at 02:28.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 06:27   #4091
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Am considering buying a Honda City VX iDtec, but am apprehensive about the sunroof holding up in the Mumbai rains. Have any of the VX model owners or even owners of other cars with sunroofs faced any issues with leakage etc or the sunroof simply getting stuck due to dirt and dust accumulation?
I've been using a VX IVTEC CVT since Feb-14. I haven't had any leakage issue with my sunroof. We also find it quite useful in the monsoon to have the natural light come in and in the winter of Delhi for the extra warmth to come in. We also love to slide out the glass and take in the fresh mountain air whenever we are headed to the mountains. It is good to have it if one can afford it, though it is not a basic necessity that one would die without.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 09:29   #4092
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 590
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Am considering buying a Honda City VX iDtec, but am apprehensive about the sunroof holding up in the Mumbai rains. Have any of the VX model owners or even owners of other cars with sunroofs faced any issues with leakage etc or the sunroof simply getting stuck due to dirt and dust accumulation?
I took my car in May 2014 at the start of monsoons in Kerala. It's been more than 1 year now and with some heavy rains here, there is no problem at all with my sunroof in my car.

It is a nice addition to a car especially the looks from exterior, and the view from inside during monsoons are really great. It would give a unique feeling though it's not a real necessity.

Dust accumulation is a possibility but I don't know if there would be failures due to this. Never heard about it. well, It's not too difficult to clean that area whenever you wash your car.

Interestingly, we have one member in Team BHP who is having rain water leakage in a City without sunroof I guess. And rain water leakage is not limited to City alone for the matter. There are other users reporting in various forums about this in their cars.

If you like it and can afford one go get it

Last edited by adarsh76 : 10th July 2015 at 09:31.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 10:36   #4093
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 346
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Guys,

I have been reading some news articles about Honda recalling its cars for a problem in the airbags manufactured by Takata. Has there been a recall in India? Or we are so lucky that we are not affected? I am asking this because we have booked a Honda City.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 10:43   #4094
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 49
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Guys,

Need help on the feasibility to fit a child/baby car seat in the rear in my City V MT. I have art-leather seats fitted on top of the OEM fabric seats from the dealer itself during delivery. Is it doable? Easy/Difficult/Not possible at all. Have any of the owners done the same?

Sorry I have to accept I have been lazy to search through internet for any directions but thought I'm better off getting info directly from the forum itself...

Thanks.
OwnersPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 11:13   #4095
BHPian
 
FuelInjector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: TN38
Posts: 366
Thanked: 250 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
Guys,

Need help on the feasibility to fit a child/baby car seat in the rear in my City V MT. I have art-leather seats fitted on top of the OEM fabric seats from the dealer itself during delivery. Is it doable? Easy/Difficult/Not possible at all. Have any of the owners done the same?

Sorry I have to accept I have been lazy to search through internet for any directions but thought I'm better off getting info directly from the forum itself...

Thanks.
its definitely do-able. I had bought one from Chicco. They give you a user manual on how to buckle it up with the seat belt slots in the back seat. the preferred seating location should be left-back i.e opposite to the driver on the rear side. Thats because the driver can easily track the babies movement. It also helps to reach out as against positioning in the right-back (just behind the driver).
you can also look at video.
In the US, certified guys at the firestation guys come and do it. Dont think that happens in India.
FuelInjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks