Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 13:47   #1036
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 947
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Finally getting delivery of my City CVT VX on the 13th. Had to really follow up and fight with the dealer who claims that there is huge shortfall of the VX models and they have received 2 cars in VX trim till date.
Cant wait to drive the lady. I have not even test driven the car, most unlike a BHPIAN !! Need the car for my wife and i don't think i can go wrong with it as the suggested by the Expert reviews. Booked the car on the 3rd of December.
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 13:52   #1037
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 45
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

FE is going to be a concern for me. I have heard Vento TSI gives about 11.5 Kmpl in city.

In addition to FE concerns, TSI does not offer extended warranty and this does not work for me.

Last edited by i_m_anaconda : 3rd March 2014 at 13:56.
i_m_anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:22   #1038
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,963
Thanked: 6,432 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
FE is going to be a concern for me. I have heard Vento TSI gives about 11.5 Kmpl in city.

In addition to FE concerns, TSI does not offer extended warranty and this does not work for me.
Yes ~12 average in city driving is the expected number. I guess my point was that, I don't expect the city CVT to give drastically higher mileage. Considering the arai rating of 18kmpl for the city CVT, I guess at max an average of ~13kmpl can be expected in real world city driving conditions. Of course will have to wait for detailed ownership reports for proper numbers.

Agree that Lack of extended warranty and concerns on the dsg box are perfectly valid reasons to decide against the vento tsi.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:37   #1039
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
Is the open market Spoiler exactly similar to the one that Honda provides (Shape/Color)?
The after market one for previous City before this had exactly the same spoiler. So i am assuming this one will have the same too. Will contact the supplier when my car will be scheduled to deliver and update here. At least in case of spoilers we can get after market one with no standard dealer warning of - it will void your warranty.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:47   #1040
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The after market one for previous City before this had exactly the same spoiler. So i am assuming this one will have the same too. Will contact the supplier when my car will be scheduled to deliver and update here. At least in case of spoilers we can get after market one with no standard dealer warning of - it will void your warranty.
Over time, I'm sure we will have close replicas of pretty much all the official accessory list. It's just a matter of time for the manufacturers to get access to these accessories to make replicas. The only thing you want to be careful of is the quality of the same and skilled labour to install some of them neatly.
neel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:36   #1041
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 449
Thanked: 276 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_anaconda View Post
FE is going to be a concern for me. I have heard Vento TSI gives about 11.5 Kmpl in city. In addition to FE concerns, TSI does not offer extended warranty and this does not work for me.
Below is a great article that covers various aspects such as Rubber Band effect etc. and also compares the City CVT with the Vento TSI.
First Drive Review-Honda City Petrol

If FE is too important then nothing beats the Diesel City in this country now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Yes ~12 average in city driving is the expected number. I guess my point was that, I don't expect the city CVT to give drastically higher mileage. Considering the arai rating of 18kmpl for the city CVT, I guess at max an average of ~13kmpl can be expected in real world city driving conditions. Of course will have to wait for detailed ownership reports for proper numbers. Agree that Lack of extended warranty and concerns on the dsg box are perfectly valid reasons to decide against the vento tsi.
One thing though is Honda has claimed CVT to be more fuel efficient than the manual shifter. So the chances of better mileage are there although I agree that realistic number is what you quoted above

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 3rd March 2014 at 16:37.
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:52   #1042
BHPian
 
avdhesh15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 444
Thanked: 451 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Have any of the new PETROL City's been in Mumbai? My car is coming on Wednesday and my SA is saying that it is the first to roll out of his showroom and possibly even the first in Mumbai! Hence, just wanted to verify his comments...
avdhesh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 22:36   #1043
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 391
Thanked: 287 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Over time, I'm sure we will have close replicas of pretty much all the official accessory list. It's just a matter of time for the manufacturers to get access to these accessories to make replicas. The only thing you want to be careful of is the quality of the same and skilled labour to install some of them neatly.
Wish Honda provided proper rear headrests in the 4th Gen City like they have done in the model released in Thailand. I've included the pic. This is a basic safety requirement and pity that it cannot be upgraded via an accessory.

Also hope that accessories such as inner bootlid cover and full wheel covers become available which has been skimped by Honda in the India spec City.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by for_cars1 : 3rd March 2014 at 22:38.
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 12:37   #1044
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Yesterday was a tough day behind the wheels. In the morning, managed to scrap the car on a concrete road in Nandanam chennai. While coming back from office, the car was hit by a 2 wheeler from behind due to the sudden breaking of a Tata Ace in front! There are scartches and the tail lamp cluster has a crack!
kashmonyklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 13:29   #1045
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 449
Thanked: 276 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmonyklik View Post
Yesterday was a tough day behind the wheels. In the morning, managed to scrap the car on a concrete road in Nandanam chennai. While coming back from office, the car was hit by a 2 wheeler from behind due to the sudden breaking of a Tata Ace in front! There are scartches and the tail lamp cluster has a crack!
Yikes! Hope you are able to get things resolved back soon! Its not an easy job to drive new cars thru city traffic...
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 13:48   #1046
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Has anyone tried to go with outside/third party insurance? For now I have selected Honda Insurance only but I do see similar (zero dep) third party insurance for almost 9-10K less. However, when I checked with few folks, they said that at least for 1st year, just go with Honda provided insurance as it'll be easier/faster to get claims processed and comes with peace of mind. From second year, you can shift to a third party provider or negotiate with Honda
neel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 15:39   #1047
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 449
Thanked: 276 Times
Thumbs up Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Has anyone tried to go with outside/third party insurance? For now I have selected Honda Insurance only but I do see similar (zero dep) third party insurance for almost 9-10K less. However, when I checked with few folks, they said that at least for 1st year, just go with Honda provided insurance as it'll be easier/faster to get claims processed and comes with peace of mind. From second year, you can shift to a third party provider or negotiate with Honda
I'd say go with Honda Assure but make sure you submit your existing insurance and get the NCB Thanks to TeamBHP threads on this topic, I am in the process of getting the NCB based on the earlier Insurance I had for the Honda Assure that came with the car...
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 16:59   #1048
BHPian
 
pats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Have any of the new PETROL City's been in Mumbai? My car is coming on Wednesday and my SA is saying that it is the first to roll out of his showroom and possibly even the first in Mumbai! Hence, just wanted to verify his comments...
Yes. The petrol deliveries have commenced in Mumbai. I have booked the VX manual petrol and yesterday i got a call from the dealer confirming that a Red one is available for delivery in case i want it in lieu of the Golden Brown Metallic. But i refused and will wait for the chosen color to arrive.
pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 16:59   #1049
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I'd say go with Honda Assure but make sure you submit your existing insurance and get the NCB Thanks to TeamBHP threads on this topic, I am in the process of getting the NCB based on the earlier Insurance I had for the Honda Assure that came with the car...
One stand out benefit I could think of is the surveyor would be readily available in house and the paper work can be initiated immediately. But I understand that the reputed vendors also doing a good job in getting the request addressed. May be a matter of 8 hours SLA in addressing the request? I think the most important factor would be cashless claims with the associated Vendors.
Is there any other significance other than the Surveyor role here? Is there any discrimination if we opt out for different vendors?
I am trying to understand the special benefits here if we chose Honda insurance.
Sanoop.Patteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 18:11   #1050
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,154
Thanked: 460 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
One stand out benefit I could think of is the surveyor would be readily available in house and the paper work can be initiated immediately. But I understand that the reputed vendors also doing a good job in getting the request addressed. May be a matter of 8 hours SLA in addressing the request? I think the most important factor would be cashless claims with the associated Vendors.
Is there any other significance other than the Surveyor role here? Is there any discrimination if we opt out for different vendors?
I am trying to understand the special benefits here if we chose Honda insurance.
In bold is the primary reason i have gone ahead with honda assure as well. Plus i checked the online quotes of most insurance companies and there wasn't more than 2-3k difference.
I think there would be some discrimination if chosen a different vendor. Someone who has done so should give some input about it.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks