Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 08:25   #1261
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
Finally I took the delivery of my car ( Petrol) last friday. I have picked up alloys, body coloured reverse sensor from Capitol Honda itself. Attached some pictures.
Special thanks to Srivatsa and Harry for creating awareness on handling charges. This helped me to get some discounts on accessories.
Congratulations

How much did the alloys cost you after discount? I'm having a tough time selecting a good looking alloy from a reputed manufacturer (Neo is one I'm considering).
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 11:33   #1262
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 28
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Hi, the delivery of my City VX petrol (Urban Titanium) is scheduled to be delivered for this Sunday, 23rd March. The SA called today to confirm the time to collect the cheque for the balance amount. He is insisting that I should take the basic accessories like Mats, Mud Guards, etc. Although I feel that all these accessories could be obtained from outside at a cheaper price, the two accessories that he is insisting I should take are the side bumper rubber trip protector (body colored) and the side door rubber trip protector (again body colored).

I am not too sure on these 2 accessories as i personally feel that they spoil the look of the car. Also noticed that the 2 Honda City threads on this forum haven't opted for these accessories as well. Could anyone here through any light on these if they are actually useful or not? And whether I can do without them as well or not?
ankan_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 13:19   #1263
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,153
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
Finally I took the delivery of my car ( Petrol) last friday. I have picked up alloys, body coloured reverse sensor from Capitol Honda itself. Attached some pictures.
Special thanks to Srivatsa and Harry for creating awareness on handling charges. This helped me to get some discounts on accessories.
Congrats!
Alloys look much better than the stock ones. Do share the cost.
So, i understand you weren't able to let them cancel the handling charges but got a discount on accessories instead. Not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
Hi, the delivery of my City VX petrol (Urban Titanium) is scheduled to be delivered for this Sunday, 23rd March. The SA called today to confirm the time to collect the cheque for the balance amount. He is insisting that I should take the basic accessories like Mats, Mud Guards, etc. Although I feel that all these accessories could be obtained from outside at a cheaper price, the two accessories that he is insisting I should take are the side bumper rubber trip protector (body colored) and the side door rubber trip protector (again body colored).
[/b]
As i remember mud guards come with the top model so you don't have to purchase them separate.

As for mats get them from outside preferably 3d ones. Will cost between 2-3k
I have seen the side bumper rubber trip protector and the side door rubber trip protector, personally i feel they spoil the look of the car rather than enhancing it. In any case you can get them later from outside at cheaper rates if you really need them.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 13:34   #1264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 132
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan_g View Post
the two accessories that he is insisting I should take are the side bumper rubber trip protector (body colored) and the side door rubber trip protector (again body colored).

I am not too sure on these 2 accessories as i personally feel that they spoil the look of the car.
Hey, so i tried looking for the link on the 3M website but couldn't find it, my friend got this body coloured patches from 3m put on his bumper and for sides, they blend in with the car and are difficult to spot at the same time they protect the car from scuffs, i think its a great product, i believe i have seen one of the Team-Bhp members also use the same product on his car. I would suggest don't take the rubber strip which does spoil the look of the car and inquire at 3M for these protective patches
ishaanranderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 14:11   #1265
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

As for mats get them from outside preferably 3d ones. Will cost between 2-3k
I have seen the side bumper rubber trip protector and the side door rubber trip protector, personally i feel they spoil the look of the car rather than enhancing it. In any case you can get them later from outside at cheaper rates if you really need them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Hey, so i tried looking for the link on the 3M website but couldn't find it, my friend got this body coloured patches from 3m put on his bumper and for sides, they blend in with the car and are difficult to spot at the same time they protect the car from scuffs, i think its a great product, i believe i have seen one of the Team-Bhp members also use the same product on his car. I would suggest don't take the rubber strip which does spoil the look of the car and inquire at 3M for these protective patches
True. For mats, get either 3D or the 3M Nomad. I'll be going for the 3D mats ( haven't taken any floor mats from Honda). 3M Nomad mats are better in terms of what floor mats are used for but I didn't like the look of it so I'm going for 3d mats. Just be a little careful here though. Honda city is a pretty new car and lot of places selling 3D mats for Honda City are for the earlier generation. The Star 3D mats which are pretty popular on this forum does not have for the new Honda City as well. It's coming after 2 months. One of the shops I usually visit are expecting ones for the new City in a week or so.

for the 3M, I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to: http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...offerings/ppf/

From reviews, it is very useful but on certain colors, such as White (the one I've booked), it shows up easily so I'm not planning to go for it.
neel911 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 14:31   #1266
BHPian
 
feroz_009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 61
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@feroz_009- Those alloys looks wicked. Why couldn't Honda give them as a standard fitment?
Do post a pic when your rear spoiler gets installed and how much it costed you?
Here are few pics of the car with and without rear spoiler. Excuse for the poor quality of the pics...

Honda City : Official Review-withoutspoiler.jpg

Honda City : Official Review-spoiler.jpg
feroz_009 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 15:41   #1267
BHPian
 
feroz_009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 61
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

One question to city owners who got the seat covers changed at the dealership.
The sales guy informs me that seat cover set doesn't have the driver side center armrest cover. Honda is not providing it in their standard set of seat cover. The set only contains front and rear seat covers. Not sure, if he is making some stories...

Please advise!
feroz_009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 16:10   #1268
BHPian
 
krishnadevjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
Finally I took the delivery of my car ( Petrol) last friday. I have picked up alloys, body coloured reverse sensor from Capitol Honda itself. Attached some pictures.
Special thanks to Srivatsa and Harry for creating awareness on handling charges. This helped me to get some discounts on accessories.
Awesome alloys on the car! They look really nice now. What size tyres are these? And what was the damage?

Since I'm also taking the car from Capital Honda (Pondy), I guess trying for a discount from them on the alloys is possible.
krishnadevjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 16:53   #1269
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Congrats! The car and the alloys look awesome. Did you up size tyres to 195/60R15 as well?
Thanks. I have not upgraded the tyres yet. I am still thinking if I should go for the change. I understand that the sooner I make a decision would be better as I would be benefited with the exchange price. The OEM tyres are Bridgestone and I have done only 30 kms as of now. I will take a call by this weekend.
Sanoop.Patteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 17:44   #1270
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulations

How much did the alloys cost you after discount? I'm having a tough time selecting a good looking alloy from a reputed manufacturer (Neo is one I'm considering).
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Awesome alloys on the car! They look really nice now. What size tyres are these? And what was the damage?

Since I'm also taking the car from Capital Honda (Pondy), I guess trying for a discount from them on the alloys is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats!
Alloys look much better than the stock ones. Do share the cost.
So, i understand you weren't able to let them cancel the handling charges but got a discount on accessories instead. Not bad.



As i remember mud guards come with the top model so you don't have to purchase them separate.

As for mats get them from outside preferably 3d ones. Will cost between 2-3k
I have seen the side bumper rubber trip protector and the side door rubber trip protector, personally i feel they spoil the look of the car rather than enhancing it. In any case you can get them later from outside at cheaper rates if you really need them.

Thanks! The initial quote from Capital was 6.5k/ wheel and after a bit of bargain he agreed for 6k/wheel and the final invoice was 23.6K. I wanted the Honda badge on the alloys and also was not too sure about the dimensions or specifications to source it from 3rd party.

I did check with XL tyre point for the alloys and he quoted 5k/wheel. Overall I didnít see any major difference with this deal, so decided to buy it from Capital Honda itself.

With regard to handling charges, they accepted the fact that they are charging extra without a receipt and they tried providing some break-ups, not in papers though. ( Labour charges for offloading the car from the truck, extra charges to the RTO individual for completing the paper work, Number plate, 10 Litres petrol, Candy, Ribbons...etc ). It was a very casual talk so I let it go and asked for a discount in accessories which they politely obliged.

I have also picked up reverse sensor (5.6k) with Voice alert ( I am going restless whenever it says " STOP") trying to find an option to disable this feature.
Sanoop.Patteri is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 18:38   #1271
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: mumbai
Posts: 132
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
for the 3M, I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to: http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...offerings/ppf/

From reviews, it is very useful but on certain colors, such as White (the one I've booked), it shows up easily so I'm not planning to go for it.
No its not the one, its a small patch like thing, i'll look it up and post it here, i remember seeing it on some other thread as well
ishaanranderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 20:57   #1272
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
for the 3M, I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to: http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...offerings/ppf/

From reviews, it is very useful but on certain colors, such as White (the one I've booked), it shows up easily so I'm not planning to go for it.
How about the ScotchGuard Protector mentioned on the site? Do you know how well that works? If one can avoid a seat cover by applying it - sounds very useful
http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/p...care/interior/
vsrivatsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 21:34   #1273
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
One question to city owners who got the seat covers changed at the dealership.
The sales guy informs me that seat cover set doesn't have the driver side center armrest cover. Honda is not providing it in their standard set of seat cover. The set only contains front and rear seat covers. Not sure, if he is making some stories...

Please advise!
I got the same info when I checked with my Honda Dealer. Also, for seat cover, you can always try out market as you'll get more options (design/colour/quality).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
Thanks! The initial quote from Capital was 6.5k/ wheel and after a bit of bargain he agreed for 6k/wheel and the final invoice was 23.6K. I wanted the Honda badge on the alloys and also was not too sure about the dimensions or specifications to source it from 3rd party.

I did check with XL tyre point for the alloys and he quoted 5k/wheel. Overall I didn’t see any major difference with this deal, so decided to buy it from Capital Honda itself.


I have also picked up reverse sensor (5.6k) with Voice alert ( I am going restless whenever it says " STOP") trying to find an option to disable this feature.
Are these Honda genuine alloys? If I remember correctly, the genuine ones used to cost around 40K plus for 4 alloys (same design). I'm not sure if the price has reduced. Also, if you can, try to get alloys for all 5 tyres. This way, if one gets a damaged, you can always use the alloy of spare wheel.

Also, I believe the reverse sensor is not part of Honda genuine accessory list right? The one Honda gives does not come with any Voice Alert as far as I know. Just beeps which become steady beep tone when you're very close.

Last edited by neel911 : 18th March 2014 at 21:36.
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 23:52   #1274
BHPian
 
skyfire2892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 236
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri View Post
I have also picked up reverse sensor (5.6k) with Voice alert ( I am going restless whenever it says " STOP") trying to find an option to disable this feature.
There is a small button on top of irvm to stop the sensors.


Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Also, I believe the reverse sensor is not part of Honda genuine accessory list right? The one Honda gives does not come with any Voice Alert as far as I know. Just beeps which become steady beep tone when you're very close.
The sensors Honda provides are of Blackcat. They give voice alerts about distance.
skyfire2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 01:09   #1275
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 946
Thanked: 366 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has any CVT owners reported on the fuel efficiency? Interesting to know real condition FE, as ARAI rating is almost same for manual/auto
Got 11km/l for the first tank consumed. Some enthusiastic driving and many drivers at home wanting to take her for a spin. Should improve now that only a single person is driving it.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:34.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks