Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 12:25   #1366
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 41
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Congrats on your new car neel911. Could you and ambadan let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT. I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance...
sanketdesai82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 13:11   #1367
BHPian
 
Pferdestarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 378
Thanked: 440 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could you let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT.
Vento TSI AT has a DSG gear box not a CVT one. I believe that was a typo in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance.
If I may suggest you, I would recommend Vento TSI over City CVT as DSG is an advanced one and the shifts are quick and intuitive. Moreover you would feel the rubber-band effect with CVT albeit it is much less appreciable in City. But, if you are skeptical about reliability of DSG you should go for City. These ownership reports might help you in making decision.
Vento TSI Report 1 (Grey Ghost - Pepper Grey VW Vento TSI)
Vento TSI Report 2
Pferdestarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 13:59   #1368
BHPian
 
maverick145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raipur
Posts: 136
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

It has come to my notice that somebody named Mr. Rohit Acharya from the forum is unnecessarily harassing the Honda dealer in Raipur i.e. Shubh Honda, Raipur based on my post.

Please feel free to PM me should have any issues or need clarifications instead of harassing the dealer. Thanks.
maverick145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 15:09   #1369
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Congrats on your new car neel911. Could you and ambadan let me know your view on the city and highway mileage you are receiving on your city and vento CVT. I am really considering a automatic and would need your help in terms of actual figures for mileage to make my decision. Thanks in advance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Vento TSI AT has a DSG gear box not a CVT one. I believe that was a typo in your post.



If I may suggest you, I would recommend Vento TSI over City CVT as DSG is an advanced one and the shifts are quick and intuitive. Moreover you would feel the rubber-band effect with CVT albeit it is much less appreciable in City. But, if you are skeptical about reliability of DSG you should go for City. These ownership reports might help you in making decision.
Vento TSI Report 1 (Grey Ghost - Pepper Grey VW Vento TSI)
Vento TSI Report 2
Very true. Each one has advantages/disadvantages. I would say, just put down a list of things that are important to you in priority and see how they score in each of them. The only challenge would be in getting test drive vehicle. From what I've heard lately, at least in Bangalore there are no TD vehicles available for either of them. When I got to know about absence of paddle shifters on SV trim, I wanted to cancel my booking and go for Vento TSI. However, my family was not too convinced with respect to looks and wow factor for Vento TSI which of course can be subjective. My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck
neel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 19:54   #1370
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Some pictures below. Some image/text overlap in place as my daughter would not let me take pictures of the car alone.

Attachment 1222964
Attachment 1222965
Attachment 1222966
Attachment 1222967



Regarding alloys, I chose the one with 5 spokes (pictures coming soon)
Congratulations Neel! Car looks really good in white, I bet it will look even better when you get the alloys. Happy Motoring!!
Sanoop.Patteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 20:19   #1371
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck
That is some risk I guess all of us have put our trust on the Honda Brand - I hope they live up to it with this newly released City in terms of Long Term ownership as well.
vsrivatsa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 20:49   #1372
BHPian
 
krishnadevjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Finally, I've got the purchase order for my Honda City VX iDTec issued. 0 advance and full payment against delivery, as it's a company PO. Opted for Brown, Black, Urban Titanium, Silver in that order. Got a dealer discount on accessories for agreeing to pay the handling charge after a long mail chain with Honda and a conversation with the Capital Honda VP. Now the long wait starts for the first car that is truly mine!
krishnadevjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 21:27   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,118
Thanked: 16,577 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
My car unloads on Thursday evening.
Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Something's not right here, and doesn't quite add up.

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 21:44   #1374
BHPian
 
vsrivatsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 448
Thanked: 275 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Something's not right here, and doesn't quite add up.

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.
I don't think there is anything to worry about. They possibly buffered the timelines that they mentioned to you. All the Best
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 21:59   #1375
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Something's not right here, and doesn't quite add up.

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I don't think there is anything to worry about. They possibly buffered the timelines that they mentioned to you. All the Best
We are very close to March end (taxation calendar) and the dealers would want to meet certain targets. So even if that car was allocated to someone else, and if that person needs few days to make the final payment, instead of waiting for the same, they'll swap it with someone who has the cash/loan ready so it can be en cashed before end of this month. Congratulations in advance and I'm sure you would come back with your new Pegasus
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 22:20   #1376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 41
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Very true. Each one has advantages/disadvantages. I would say, just put down a list of things that are important to you in priority and see how they score in each of them. The only challenge would be in getting test drive vehicle. From what I've heard lately, at least in Bangalore there are no TD vehicles available for either of them. When I got to know about absence of paddle shifters on SV trim, I wanted to cancel my booking and go for Vento TSI. However, my family was not too convinced with respect to looks and wow factor for Vento TSI which of course can be subjective. My Honda car was allotted and so I had to take risk of buying the car without test driving it and so far I'm completely happy with my decision based on the things that were more important to me. Good luck

Could share your noted mileage numbers for city CVT please?
sanketdesai82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 22:27   #1377
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,844
Thanked: 6,364 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Got a surprise call from my dealership in the afternoon that my car has arrived, and is being unloaded from the despatch truck!!

Needless to say, I was quite taken aback and asked them how a tow-bed truck could reach from Noida to Raipur in 3 days, when they themselves had said 6 days?!

Something's not right here, and doesn't quite add up.

Leaving for the dealership tonight to check the car out. I really hope there's nothing fishy in this whole thing, and I come back home with my car.

Wish me luck.
I don't think there's a reason to worry. Instead I guess there's a reason to celebrate.

I was also told on 8th January that my car will arrive by January end. However got a call on 14th that my car has arrived. Decoded the VIN and it was a January 2014 make. The dealer said usually it takes 3 days from Noida to Ranchi.

Let us drool over some pics of your latest acquisition Avi. Congratulations.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 23:36   #1378
BHPian
 
outdoorlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Could share your noted mileage numbers for city CVT please?
Hi Sanket, I have clocked about 910kms on my VX CVT now and am averaging at 11.7 kmpl now. I have also noticed that the engine, and gear mechanism has been progressively smoothening out after about 600kms with improvement mileage too.
outdoorlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 23:53   #1379
BHPian
 
deevilslair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 36
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Hi fellow bhpians, seek your inputs on something that is giving me rather sleepless nights over the last few days:-

I was elated when I took home my first Honda (2014 City iVtec SV MT) on 5th march. Having driven a Ford Figo TDCI for the better part of the last 4 years, the silence of a petrol cabin was godly

A couple of long drives later as I moved close to the 1000km- first service mark, three strange problems emerged:-

1) The remote key stopped working. The car would work fine if we used the key manually, but the remote key wasn't working.

2) The dashboard clock and average (fuel efficiency) indicator also started getting reset every time the car was re-started

3) I observed a soft grunt / growl on the front left side mostly in the first and second gears

The only silver lining was that the first service was due and I believed the famed "Honda Service" would fix these niggles in a jiffy.

The service center however was clueless regarding problems 1 & 2. After a harrowing 5 days wait and zillion followups, they redid the entire dashboard wiring and the finally the first two problems were solved. As I eagerly TDed my car before delivery I noticed that point 3 hadn't been addressed at all.

At first they tried to pacify me saying that this was regular engine noise, but since I insisted, they agreed to keep the car and get it checked.

Now I am not sure myself. There is a gentle growl which seems to emanate from the front left side only in the first / second gear at low RPM. Mostly while getting the stationary car going. At higher speeds the sound almost completely vanishes or even if it doesn't the roads make sure I don't hear any.

Having self doubts regarding the silence of the engine...
Am I being too harsh on the Honda coming from a diesel car? Do other owners also hear a gentle growl from the engine while moving from the stationary?

Or is this a symptom of something faulty with the engine and transmission? In that case can this be corrected at the service center? Will this impact the long term reliability of the car? Will I be beset with other problems 2-3 years down the line?

I am a bit paranoid, especially after the remote key problem. Wonder if I have been handed over a lemon by Honda

Please help me out of my predicament. Is this just a minor niggle or harbinger to greater concerns?

PS : Meanwhile the service center acknowledged the growl and has kept the car for observation as it was rather late in the day. Couldn't believe my ears when they said that they wanted to drive a few other cars tomorrow to see if this noise was particular to mine or a rather standard noise. Still waiting for tomorrow for the sun to shine on my beautiful red darling.
deevilslair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2014, 00:02   #1380
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 966
Thanked: 197 Times
Default Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I would have preferred Honda to provide foldable Keyfobs like in the Verna:
Verna Keys (Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
That key FOB is disappointing. They really should have a foldable one on it.
VX has the foldable/skeleton key.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...y-dsc00410.jpg
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda City, 4th generation i-Vtec - Our 3rd Honda City in 10 years Mevtec Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 14th December 2015 20:15
City City Bang Bang! 1000 kms Report of my Honda City SMT roadie_swift Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 39 4th June 2015 15:52
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks