Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd October 2016, 12:56   #541
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Anyone having experienced similar issues?
I have experienced this in our earlier Indica Xeta, and I agree with you that it can be a very scary feeling when it occurs unexpectedly.

The very same issue is mentioned by english in post #529 of this thread, and the solution is given in post #532:

Originally Posted by english View Post

Occasionally brake will have a wooden feel and has no effect and stopping power. It is more like the brake is no more power assisted. This happens mostly on very low speed (mostly on bumper to bumper traffic) when the ride is on first or second gear. I can not remember it happened in normal traffic or in highways. When you ride it with half clutch or no clutch in 1st or second gear for sometime, suddenly brake pedal appears as a rock with no effect when pressed. If you press hard for two-three times, it comes back to normal.

Originally Posted by english View Post

Here is the update of the brake issue.

He told that he will refer this to Hyundai engineer.

Next week, we took a test drive with Hyundai engineer who finally recommended to replace the part called Hose-Brake Booster Vacuum.

It took a while to get the part to be available from Hyundai, but finally after replacement all looks good so far.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd October 2016 at 13:04.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2016, 15:37   #542
Default Re: Hyundai Xcent : Official Review

BHPians, I would like to draw your attention to a concern we are facing on our Xcent. The car seems to be tilted to 1 side. More details here (Hyundai Xcent S(O) Petrol - Initial Ownership Report). I would be thankful is you could share your opinion on the same!
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote